How is Terror acceptable?

Ovark.2514

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:I mean you can take blink on mesmer and its essentially the same thing ?

Blink is the better utility but wurm has shorter cd

and all necros take spectral walk too, which is also mobility

Not to mention reaper shroud 2, death shroud 2, scourge portal (I know this one is not used) etcCondi mesmer has staff and power mesmer has multiple stealth sources which are superior to everything necro has. No necro can chase and kill a mesmer at equal skill level. I am roaming a lot with a power shatter mesmer at the 1% top end of skill and nothing can stop him from escaping while one single half decently placed speed strip wrecks my speed rune reaper for the reason you have been told: you can not re-apply it that easily on any semi viable build.

If you run warhorn, speed of shadows and spectral walk at once you give up either important range or important damage... both is no serious option.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Condi mesmer has staffNo it doesn't

and power mesmer has multiple stealth sourcesNo it doesn't

which are superior to everything necro has.No they aren't

Oh you expected a serious discussion? Too bad.Nevermind, I forgot I discussed with a bronze division player... (your thread history is proof).

Bye, I am out of this thread.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

My point was that Terror is not an issue because if it doesn't CC (i.e. the target has stability) then no damage will happen, and no CC will happen, the same as other CC skills that land on stability.

MOST of hard cc attacks which have high tellings and and long cooldowns do near 0 damage even if they land. Don't see WHY fear must keep both the hard cc (which can last extremely long and is spammable from different sources) AND the high damage x second which delivers.

Terror's damage was ok before February's patch due some skills at every classes did both cc + huge damage, but is no longer fine in a context in which one can use the entirely skill roster of the Warrior's hammer and barely do a scratch to the foe due damage was nerfed as result of being linked to cc effects.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:

My point was that Terror is not an issue because if it doesn't CC (i.e. the target has stability) then no damage will happen, and no CC will happen, the same as other CC skills that land on stability.

MOST of hard cc attacks which have high tellings and and long cooldowns do near 0 damage even if they land. Don't see WHY fear must keep both the hard cc (which can last extremely long and is spammable from different sources) AND the high damage x second which delivers.

Terror's damage was ok before February's patch due some skills at every classes did both cc + huge damage, but is no longer fine in a context in which one can use the entirely skill roster of the Warrior's hammer and barely do a scratch to the foe due damage was nerfed as result of being linked to cc effects.

Fear doesn't do any damage on its own. Weapons skills and traits are seen as different here. People need to mentally decouple the two. There are a bunch of traits that do damage on CC and are deemed specifically fine because they are traits according to this:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Fear doesn't do any damage on its own. Weapons skills and traits are seen as different here. People need to mentally decouple the two. There are a bunch of traits that do damage on CC and are deemed specifically fine because they are traits according to this:

...So having large damage attached to skills as Drop the Hammer or Prime Ligth Beam is bad, but passively proccing large condi damage as a byproduct of hard cc skills which you can spam rotate is fine. Great. Ride out that crap.

@Buran.3796 said:

...So having large damage attached to skills as Drop the Hammer or Prime Ligth Beam is bad, but passively proccing large condi damage as a byproduct of hard cc skills which you can spam rotate is fine. Great. Ride out that kitten.

Passive?