Need Anet to look at Zerg Hard Rez

Alec B.8905

@Alec B.8905 said:

@Alec B.8905 said:Anet should just look at it a little in depthNo they dont. Because theres no depth in the solution. Its always been there - Anet themselves started applying it many years ago.

1:1 ressing just like there is 1:1 rallying and 1:1 stomping

How do you deal with 5:1 rez? there is no 5:5

Via making sure your commander is not a potato and makes a heavy bomb call out on anyone dearing to ress. If your DPS players are not hamsters then they will get even more downies from the people trying to ress.Even if the ressers wont go down, they will still take damage and will be forced to blow away supportive skill cooldowns which also fits into part of the zerg gameplay.

@Alec B.8905 said:

@Alec B.8905 said:Anet should just look at it a little in depthNo they dont. Because theres no depth in the solution. Its always been there - Anet themselves started applying it many years ago.

How do you deal with 5:1 rez? there is no 5:5Explain what you even mean.

In GvGs and zerging, classes have specific skills to instantly res people (or at the very least heal a portion of hp). Thats kind of the advantage of being more people, being able to use more class abilities. Dont build for it? Then you cant "deal with it". In 1v1 it makes no difference (duh) and in smallscale it just emphasize skill over brute force (who should res? Do we need CC?).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

In GvGs and zerging, classes have specific skills to instantly res people (or at the very least heal a portion of hp). Thats kind of the advantage of being more people, being able to use more class abilities. Dont build for it? Then you cant "deal with it". In 1v1 it makes no difference (duh) and in smallscale it just emphasize skill over brute force (who should res? Do we need CC?).

I am talking about 5 people hard rezing. We run a comp 10 man group and when we fight larger groups we cant just DPS downs when there is still 20 more people around.Maybe anet can reduce the number of people rezing, because i mean if you go down that should be it. Rezing someone should only happen when you've prevented the opponent not in the middle of combat.

Personally in the unpopular group of require defeated to have to come back. Adds in more strategy of getting the downed back up before they become defeated. A lesser alternative to this is shorten the forced release timer so you can't just stay there defeated. All that said changing it to only a single reviver if defeated wouldn't be bad to test either since it would increase the price of being defeated. Whether or not that rule applied to downed...don't think these have to be mutually inclusive. Either way all of these come back to some adjustment in the downed and defeated mechanic and how the balance of size plays too big a role currently in fights.

@Alec B.8905 said:

I am talking about 5 people hard rezing. We run a comp 10 man group and when we fight larger groups we cant just DPS downs when there is still 20 more people around.Maybe anet can reduce the number of people rezing, because i mean if you go down that should be it. Rezing someone should only happen when you've prevented the opponent not in the middle of combat.And I'm talking about changing it to only 1 person being able to res.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I am talking about 5 people hard rezing. We run a comp 10 man group and when we fight larger groups we cant just DPS downs when there is still 20 more people around.Maybe anet can reduce the number of people rezing, because i mean if you go down that should be it. Rezing someone should only happen when you've prevented the opponent not in the middle of combat.And I'm talking about changing it to only 1 person being able to res.

Ah I was misunderstanding, I completely agree

@Dawdler.8521 said:

You can stomp with as many people as you want. Only one will go off, but there's some (definitely silly) merit to having 6 people stomp thus making a 5 target CC not be able to block the stomp.

Frankly I don't think people on the 'this situation is not okay' side make their arguments very clear and it makes it difficult for Anet to work out what would be a good long term solution. Anti-rez gets conflated with anti-downstate, and there's a swath of people like you who want 1 person rezzes mixed with people who want utility skill rezzes gone mixed with people who think people should just have less hp on initial downstate. The only problems I see echoed frequently are issues with 'Well this benefits the larger group.' Which, quite frankly, is a sentiment echoed frequently for a lot of different problems, and is not once that I've seen an actual accurate assessment of why something is problematic.

@God.2708 said:

You can stomp with as many people as you want. Only one will go off, but there's some (definitely silly) merit to having 6 people stomp thus making a 5 target CC not be able to block the stomp.

Frankly I don't think people on the 'this situation is not okay' side make their arguments very clear and it makes it difficult for Anet to work out what would be a good long term solution. Anti-rez gets conflated with anti-downstate, and there's a swath of people like you who want 1 person rezzes mixed with people who want utility skill rezzes gone mixed with people who think people should just have less hp on initial downstate. The only problems I see echoed frequently are issues with 'Well this benefits the larger group.' Which, quite frankly, is a sentiment echoed frequently for a lot of different problems, and is not once that I've seen an actual accurate assessment of why something is problematic.Yeah no that's not an advantage in practice. It's the complete opposite.

5 people running forward to stomp 1 downed in a zerg scenario means 5 new people downed.

Its not as extreme but still similar in smallscale. Multiple people stomping under AoE pressure either means they drop HP alot or they all have to pop invoulns, which means they are weaker in the actual fight. I cant even begin to say the amount of times I've seen groups making the same stupid mistake over and over.

The problem with the same situation while healing is that it's an actual advantage when it shouldnt be.