How to properly nerf Herald Condition AND Mallyx (Very simple.)

Shao.7236

@Caine.8204 said:

@Caine.8204 said:i'm fine with the killing of this spec.

Like I said, it still works. Only that now you made the 3 traits even more mandatory. So you can congratulate Anet on it rather than properly balancing the issues.

sounds like it got balanced, then. now you have to spec into maximum resist uptime, where you didn't before and it was still effective? congrats anet, i applaud you for this patch, probably the best one i've seen in awhile. you actually made people have to build into something.

Because forcing players further more into traiting for Resistance rather than remove it is a /good/ idea. Gj. Kill all the options.

it lays the groundwork for increasing the effectiveness of other traits; so you can choose between taking the 10% damage reduction trait, or torment on chill for example, rather than there being one clear choice (like when the trait was -20% damage when you had resist, it was the obvious choice, now its a choice between bunker or damage)

if certain trait picks are overperforming, they should get knocked down. it makes the other traits more viable, and
increases
the options if they bring up the other traits to be more useful.

the only issue being that they knock down traits, and kill entire playstyles, and then take 6 months to a year to change anything else.

i'd still rather they kill the entire build, than to leave it OP for another year until they make those adjustments. but obviously, the better solution would be to knockdown the overperforming traits at the same time as buffing underperforming traits.

Doesn't encourage the use of other traits as it forces players to use the same garbage even more rather than balance them at the source. Kill an entire build? Just to hear the same blabber about Herald in the next week again because nobody learns, hasn't accomplished anything to ctrl-f Resistance in any traits. Make a whole legend based around conditions and it can't even handle those by itself now because it's too hard to redesign it's healing skill and problematic trait the right way.

There's no reason to pick Corruption even if you wanted to be Condition, they've nerfed Mace and Utilities throughput before that. Strip all offense and remove all defense, while leaving it with it's biggest flaws that forced it's advanced users to play like this in the first place. A true lack of knowledge for display, even Engineer Turrets are more useful than Mallyx in PvP now, really fun times to get canceled for things only the least experienced have done, capitalizing on the fact of not fixing bad design that was hot fixed by this problematic power creep none of the people who actually care about this stance asked for.

@Shao.7236 said:

Like I said, it still works. Only that now you made the 3 traits even more mandatory. So you can congratulate Anet on it rather than properly balancing the issues.

sounds like it got balanced, then. now you have to spec into maximum resist uptime, where you didn't before and it was still effective? congrats anet, i applaud you for this patch, probably the best one i've seen in awhile. you actually made people have to build into something.

Because forcing players further more into traiting for Resistance rather than remove it is a /good/ idea. Gj. Kill all the options.

the other traits were just as strong and id say now more preferableafter all, why would you need high resistance uptime in a full power meta

Man you didn t played condi build vs condi rev and if you think countering it with condi build without good amount of boon rip is possible than you are delusional. That build still counter condi builds but right now you have some gap to hit with condis so you don t feel uselles. Before this change, chance to kill condi rev was 5% for those condi builds and now is 30% which is good balance because good condi revs will still do their job and bad ones won t faceroll and still win. Yes calling condi build being bad and facerolling while c rev have resistance is next level ignorance because if c rev is good (since i play in plat2+) there is no gap to hit him with condis almost. Other issue is that this build is also good vs power builds. If you think this build is fine deleting 80% + condi builds and countering 50% + of power still than you are used to play op mechanics and op class overall. It finally have counterplay and its not big but its there for condi builds without boon reap. Build was dump and rewarding now it will rq skill to be played properly. Revenant have best diversity and those nerf won t kill it, what killed it was condi rev the faceroll build which deleted any condi build to be viable except mirage if it wasn t hard countered from thief.

@"CroTiger.7819" said:Man you didn t played condi build vs condi rev and if you think countering it with condi build without good amount of boon rip is possible than you are delusional. That build still counter condi builds but right now you have some gap to hit with condis so you don t feel uselles. Before this change, chance to kill condi rev was 5% for those condi builds and now is 30% which is good balance because good condi revs will still do their job and bad ones won t faceroll and still win. Yes calling condi build being bad and facerolling while c rev have resistance is next level ignorance because if c rev is good (since i play in plat2+) there is no gap to hit him with condis almost. Other issue is that this build is also good vs power builds. If you think this build is fine deleting 80% + condi builds and countering 50% + of power still than you are used to play op mechanics and op class overall. It finally have counterplay and its not big but its there for condi builds without boon reap. Build was dump and rewarding now it will rq skill to be played properly. Revenant have best diversity and those nerf won t kill it, what killed it was condi rev the faceroll build which deleted any condi build to be viable except mirage if it wasn t hard countered from thief.

crev was aids, I legit take cmos that supposedly "counters" them and it doesnt mean jack. since it will take me 1min to kill them or force them off, and at this point we will get +1 and it will decide the fight anyways, guess who does well into +1 and who doesnt? lol.

@DonNee.5128 said:

the other traits were just as strong and id say now more preferableafter all, why would you need high resistance uptime in a full power meta

That is a dumb conclusion, why destroy what you SHOULD be good at when you can't have it and everything around you at the base of it all counter anyway. More like, why is everyone complaining in the first place.

If FT, SB were left alone and EM fixed with Resistance along the removal of DD, we'd have resistance based on a pattern which doesn't leave Mallyx or the attacker at an unfair advantage because every 5 seconds durr hurr 2 sec resistance.. To be able transfering at all on Core you'd have to compromise on FT as well, Herald trades a valuable 3 seconds and extra energy instead. This is a balanced decision, all traits being nerfed into oblivion because one overperforms isn't. Renegade is not even a condition option now because there's no way to get any Resistance at all without being a sitting duck, more traits forced into place rather than having choices.

Think about being designed to take away conditions from your team and weaponize them but have only 4 seconds to do so at best? Sounds good to you? So does to me but Anet is NOT doing it the right way, especially when you're forced to trait for 3 bad traits because your main sustain sucks without one of them. How about removing Resistance spam every 5 seconds and make the healing skill actually GOOD for once.

Your transfer trait is nerfed in numbers, predictable and you can't have FT with it, SB BARELY accomplish anything with the predictable PP at 1 second, try to be clever and safely transfer when the delay is just as long as the Resistance you get, it misses you're screwed right away without an "extra" second to think which is something a LOT of professions get to have, even the worst. Having to use PA as a safety measure all the time and pray you don't get CC lock and your teammates have anything to get extra Resistance to not die by accomplishing what you were designed for but still do anyway because damage is so intense and with 70% damage reduction, it's not enough to stop the pressure you put on yourself willingly now.

Carefully look at the trade off required to be effectively not just a condition vacuum without DD, because it's no longer possible to be good at it while keeping damage to a reasonable level with self improvisation, you always had to play your role right to be an effective teamfighter (Surprisingly nobody would do.) and that would only work great against a condition team, not power.

With all the necros around too, all it takes is one good boon removal and any Mallyx Rev can fall short. The amount of times I've gathered conditions over the 40 stacks threshold to barely counter back with is something I wish I had been seeing before they'd nerf one of my favorite aspect into a pulp, it's not even something people would do, that's just YIKES.

Anet had one job, they'd butched it like everything else.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"CroTiger.7819" said:Man you didn t played condi build vs condi rev and if you think countering it with condi build without good amount of boon rip is possible than you are delusional. That build still counter condi builds but right now you have some gap to hit with condis so you don t feel uselles. Before this change, chance to kill condi rev was 5% for those condi builds and now is 30% which is good balance because good condi revs will still do their job and bad ones won t faceroll and still win. Yes calling condi build being bad and facerolling while c rev have resistance is next level ignorance because if c rev is good (since i play in plat2+) there is no gap to hit him with condis almost. Other issue is that this build is also good vs power builds. If you think this build is fine deleting 80% + condi builds and countering 50% + of power still than you are used to play op mechanics and op class overall. It finally have counterplay and its not big but its there for condi builds without boon reap. Build was dump and rewarding now it will rq skill to be played properly. Revenant have best diversity and those nerf won t kill it, what killed it was condi rev the faceroll build which deleted any condi build to be viable except mirage if it wasn t hard countered from thief.

crev was aids, I legit take cmos that supposedly "counters" them and it doesnt mean jack. since it will take me 1min to kill them or force them off, and at this point we will get +1 and it will decide the fight anyways, guess who does well into +1 and who doesnt? lol.I see this is more like if I can't kill anything in 10 seconds, it's OP.

@Shao.7236 said:I see this is more like if I can't kill anything in 10 seconds, it's OP.

Really? 10 seconds? I mean, most builds can chain together enough defensive cooldowns and dodges to make that impossible outside of a 1-shot. Also, counter-pressure is a thing, right? I've got videos of duels where both myself and my opponent are wearing full glass amulets and those fights still last a good 30 seconds minimum because of these factors.

Anet could have done a better but the balance team just do not care, there is no passion.

The balance patch was a joke, look what happen to nerco...we ask for core nerco to be tune down yet they killed off functions unrelated to core then nerf it further due to their poor choices.

Pointless trying as the Anet's team is a joke, they are not playing the same game and they don't really care.

I don't main rev and yes I believed coni rev was little op but it doesn't carry, you could tell the difference between a decent one and a faceroller coni rev.

Theif is running around doing the same or more damage with one skill then someone facerolling their full bar.