What happened to the tooth of Jormag lore?

The Ace.9105

It was a bit difficult to see because the model wasn't very good. I think you can see it on the original Saga trailer and I want to say... it was on the left side as if you were looking at it.

It could have grown it back of course, healing through a large intake of energy whilst it rested

@Randulf.7614 said:It was a bit difficult to see because the model wasn't very good. I think you can see it on the original Saga trailer and I want to say... it was on the left side as if you were looking at it.

It could have grown it back of course, healing through a large intake of energy whilst it rested

Looks like it’s the tip of one Jormag’s tusks. The left one.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:It was a bit difficult to see because the model wasn't very good. I think you can see it on the original Saga trailer and I want to say... it was on the left side as if you were looking at it.

Looks like it’s the tip of one Jormag’s tusks. The left one.

In the artwork, the shadow of Jormag's head was missing a tooth on it's left side (Jormag's left). Ingame this isn't really noticeable. Though the fang does seem to fit in size with the side tusks/fangs outside of the mouth, and it could've healed over time I suppose.

Edit: Just noticed the left upward tusk/horn is missing the tip. According to Konig here, the Fang of the Serpent fits the spot fairly well. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/9/98/Jormag.jpg

@"Randulf.7614" said:It never sat right that Aesir could somehow knock a tooth out the mouth of an ice dragon. The alteration to being a tusk tip (which I know counts as a tooth) makes a lot more sense

Another thing to consider is perhaps Jormag's appearance has changed slightly since the "tooth" was removed. The other side may have looked more like the fang hanging in Hoelbrek, but narrowed/frosted over more as Jormag rested and gathered power.

We know that Drakkar has physically changed from his frozen form in EOTN in GW1, to the creature he appeared as in GW2.

@Kalavier.1097 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:It never sat right that Aesir could somehow knock a tooth out the mouth of an ice dragon. The alteration to being a tusk tip (which I know counts as a tooth) makes a lot more sense

Another thing to consider is perhaps Jormag's appearance has changed slightly since the "tooth" was removed. The other side may have looked more like the fang hanging in Hoelbrek, but narrowed/frosted over more as Jormag rested and gathered power.

We know that Drakkar has physically changed from his frozen form in EOTN in GW1, to the creature he appeared as in GW2.

One thing I did notice was the “ gum line” of the tooth is almost the same colour as the rest of the broken tusk on Jormag. Perhaps when Aesgeir struck the tusk it, it exposed a different bone type colour beneath it