Just a question out of interest. In what language do Dutch players play this game?

I'm just curious since there's no Dutch dub or text for the game. I could as well ask the same for other countries but I've seen a lot of Dutch people crossing my way recently and I started to wonder.Although I'm from Germany I'll play everything on English just like every other game.

Then by that logic why isn't Frisian on there as well? Or Brabants? Or Achterhoeks?

Good question.I was not aware of those specific dialects, but if I were to hazard a guess it would be they are not spoken by a high enough percentage of the overall population.Much like Cajun wouldn't be listed on a list of languages spoken in the United States, but Spanish, Chinese, and French would be.

I think the OP is asking which of the available languages Dutch players have GW2 set to use. The only languages the game lets you choose are English, French, German and Spanish, so no Dutch dialects would be on the list, no matter how many people speak them, because they're not available for GW2.

@Kumouta.4985 said:As a dutch person i can confirm most of us just use english in all games

I'm not going to vote on their behalf (especially since they might have already voted) but all 4 Dutch players I know well enough to have had this conversation have the game set to English, either because of the available options it's the language they know best or because the game is developed in English and they assume the original will be better/more accurate.

There are media and cultural reasons why we play games in English. Dutch was a to small a market to dub all the foreign Movies and TV content to Dutch. Sub titles were and are more cost effective. Only programs for 0 - 6 year olds are dubbed. From that point you have some basic reading skills and can start reading subtitles on the cartoons, etc. This causes many Dutch kids/teenagers to consider content childish that is dubbed or in games fully translated in Dutch.

Its not so much as wanting it in the original language, as most Dutch people would change a original German game to English too. English and American television, Movies and Music are far more dominant in the Netherlands, we barely see German content anymore, and are not as used to the German language as we once where.

@Frans.7930 said:There are media and cultural reasons why we play games in English. Dutch was a to small a market to dub all the foreign Movies and TV content to Dutch. Sub titles were and are more cost effective. Only programs for 0 - 6 year olds are dubbed. From that point you have some basic reading skills and can start reading subtitles on the cartoons, etc. This causes many Dutch kids/teenagers to consider content childish that is dubbed or in games fully translated in Dutch.

Its not so much as wanting it in the original language, as most Dutch people would change a original German game to English too. English and American television, Movies and Music are far more dominant in the Netherlands, we barely see German content anymore, and are not as used to the German language as we once where.

Hmm dont agree, netflix has changed that. Dutch myself, and Dark (German show) is one of my all time favorite tv shows. Also love certain French, Spanish, Italian and Scandinavian Originals. Guess i am not alone in that, these show are quite popular over here and other n/w european countries. Always Subbed, dubs are terrible ;-) If it was 5 years ago, i would agree. With games i do agree, but that was always dominantly english language since the 80's