Crashing when selecting 'Exit to Desktop'

Okay. so as of the newest episode of the Icebrood Saga, I've found that if I exit the game via Exit to Desktop from ingame or going back to the character select screen causes the game to go not responding and have to close. Yet if I Exit to Desktop right after logging in and before entering the game with a character, it doesn't go not responding and have to close.

Here's the thing, I have never had this problem happen before Arenanet added Jormag Rising. Did they change the computer specs required with Jormag Rising or what?Also, for those that will suggest I do a reinstall. I did, and it still happens.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm this. The latest patch introduced a bug when exiting the game. Noticed this on windows 7 home premium 64 bit 2 days ago. It almost "stuck" and I had to use alt-tab or ctrl+alt+del to get the desktop appear (where the error box popped up). Yesterday it just closed normally to desktop but with the error box popping up. Haven't tried today yet.

I haven't changed anything else on the computer. And I'm not even playing the latest content. (Atm only daily for 2 gold, dive master and the LS3 daily ... in core maps + PvP.)

@Miporin.3529 said:Indeed, i have win 7 x64 too, seems a win 7 issue, hope the devs fix this and they do not discard the issue because is a old OS, lots of people still using Win 7 for a miriad of reasons, not just for gaming.So please devs, fix this issue.

It's not so much a major problem as a severe annoyance.And win7 ain't that old, unlike xp and vista.

I was having this issue myself. Was no real problem other than the popup on closing. Also running Windows 7 64 bit.

But now, after most recent patch, the game totally locks up on "Exit to Desktop" and goes Not Responding and have to close it via task manager.

I'm in NA as well. I will say length of time on the game seems to impact it for me. I can log into the game for 5 minutes and log out with no issues. Play for 2 hours though and it locks up on exit.

I've been tracking memory usage. But nothing really abnormal there for me.

It's not a memory/length in game issue for me, I'm doing the exact same thing (log in, load Rata Sum, loot daily chest, exit game) and the EU account crashes on exit, if I'm doing it on US accounts they're fine.

The only other difference in my case is that the EU account doesn't have PoF.

This is the error i get everytime when the game crash on exit:

--> Crash <--Assertion: m_context->shaderArray[m_shaderId] == thisFile: ......\Engine\Gr\Dx9\Dx9ShaderBinary.cpp(248)App: Gw2-64.exePid: 1044BaseAddr: 000000013F450000ProgramId: 101Build: 105340When: 2020-08-09T19:44:17Z 2020-08-09T21:44:17+02:00Uptime: 0 days 0:13:35Flags: 0DumpFile: Crash.dmp

@DKRathalos.9625 said:So I guess anet doesn't have any intention to fix this for windows 7 user?

Hope they do not force people to install win 10, because win 10 is not an os, is an abortion mix between xbox console and a smartphone, calling win 10 an os is ain insult to real os not to mention you do not have control what this thing do in background and install in your pc. -_-

@Miporin.3529 said:

@DKRathalos.9625 said:So I guess anet doesn't have any intention to fix this for windows 7 user?

Hope they do not force people to install win 10, because win 10 is not an os, is an abortion mix between xbox console and a smartphone, calling win 10 an os is ain insult to real os not to mention you do not have control what this thing do in background and install in your pc. -_-

It has nothing to do with win 10, this game is full of bugs, that they just wont fix. I have win 10 and im getting a crash at the last of every single story instance after i waste 30 min of my time trying to kill the bosses, i can't believe i wasted money on this