Lighting is weird now

Guest [Deleted User]

After the latest patch, the lighting looks very weird for me in the Grove:

Imgur

The whole bottom floor (underwater, everywhere) is overlaid with that fuscia and white checkerboard light. Appears in my home instance too. In addition, the usual ambient effects - sparkles, lighting - are not present.

Restarting the game client didn't change anything. I have the settings on "Best Appearance" in this screen grab. Not sure if it's affecting any other areas of the world at this time.

Edit: It's definitely on other maps too. Guild hall is especially noticeable - large chunks of the floor tiling is replaced with this pattern instead of their usual effect. Changing the settings to "Best Performance" doesn't make a difference as far as this issue.

Imgur

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:After the latest patch, the lighting looks very weird for me in the Grove:

Imgur

The whole bottom floor (underwater, everywhere) is overlaid with that fuscia and white checkerboard light. Appears in my home instance too. In addition, the usual ambient effects - sparkles, lighting - are not present.

Restarting the game client didn't change anything. I have the settings on "Best Appearance" in this screen grab. Not sure if it's affecting any other areas of the world at this time.

Edit: It's definitely on other maps too. Guild hall is especially noticeable - large chunks of the floor tiling is replaced with this pattern instead of their usual effect. Changing the settings to "Best Performance" doesn't make a difference as far as this issue.

Imgur

You are lacking information for creating surface which among other create grass in the Grove. Those files is stored in DAT files which might have become corrupt. You need to make a repair: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Client repair fixed it, thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure why every release screws things up for me (I almost always get a bunch of crashes and have to remove and reinstall drivers and/or repair the client). But this was a new one.