Buying Dyes even on sale shouldn't be the equivalency of a slot machine

Yea.. gambling on unidentified dyes is absolutely not worth it.

Just buy the ones you need on the TP, that's far better value for money and most of them are pretty cheap now.I get a good bunch of free dyes per year from birthdays thanks to having so many alts, I use those free kits to fill up the most expensive dyes im missing.

@Teratus.2859 said:Yea.. gambling on unidentified dyes is absolutely not worth it.

Just buy the ones you need on the TP, that's far better value for money and most of them are pretty cheap now.I get a good bunch of free dyes per year from birthdays thanks to having so many alts, I use those free kits to fill up the most expensive dyes im missing.

or buy them when they are in the current BLC's table

most of those end up fairly cheap(<10g)

I agree with everyone else. Years ago I bought a dye pack because they were on sale, got some common dye I already had and mentally kicked myself for only then realising the dye packs are basically black lion chests with a more specific drop table. They're only worth buying if you like the novelty of not knowing what you're going to get and imagining that maybe you'll be lucky.

If you just want to unlock the dyes you don't already have you're better off buying them directly from the Trading Post.