I changed my mind.

Go make a bit of break when you feel bored go buy some steam games you had not time to play before, 1-2 months schold make you back your determinationAlso remeber that cuz of covid, ppl work from home now, that can slow bit of progress making new content until ppl get used to itIn my opinion it's better to be a bit borred now, to get big kitten on 3 expedition ^^Don't force yourself to anythink or you will get burned fast and will even have less motivation if somethink new come

With ep 3 and 4 of ibs, you get the waystations, which you can buy portable ones and take anywhere. You can get medizookas, emp pulse skills, and land mines, which are a nice thing to be able to use in any map. Ep 4 brings a new mount skill that makes you invis, for whatever that’s worth to you. They even have brought back mushrooms, which I use a lot still, and the ley energy gliders which I use also rather than mounts sometimes. The new essence skills are use widely across ibs maps and strikes, so I get a lot of use of them, as clunky as they may be. It really helps big time having those masteries leveled up, imo.

I'm pretty confident that a lot of regular Gw2 players will tell you to take a break if you're bored.

I've been there many times over the last 8 years as well, it's good to just step back from GW2 every once in a while and play some other games.No sub and all that makes it very easy to come back whenever you like :D

But it has always been like this.Guild Wars 2 is not about progression, it is about being different, looking better, being more flashy/shiny, having more gold, being better in pvp, having a higher rank, having more achievement points, etc.About what you want. But I can highly relate, if you don't see anything left to do, there is no reason to play, no reason to spend anything on the game anymore.

I remember feeling the exact same when HoT first came out, bought the expansion played it a short while up to verdant brink I just felt like it was all too much to take in at once and it just burnt me out and I couldn’t be bothered and I literally had like a year long break. But I came back and managed to play all the way through the content to now ?

Make all legendaries. Get 250 kp of every raid boss and fractal CM. Do all achivments. Get all skins. Get all classes and Especs mastered. Full legendary armor them all. Reach lvl 100 pvp. Reach lvl 1500 wvw. Make a guild. Upgrade the guild. Sell the guild. Break TP values. Get all masteries. Complete full map 100 times.Pay for all account upgraded from TP to max. Unlock all mount skins. Complete all dungeons. Never get bored(This is a joke comment nvm me, but u seriously can aim for all those and nvr get bored ;) )

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Masteries is about the only meaningful progression in GW2

no it literally isnt lol

Then you have no idea what you are talking about. With the masteries you open up the maps with your new skills. A player with full souped up mounts and gliding makes hot and other areas a total breeze. While newcomers can only watch as the skyscales and griffons soars above. That -IS- progression. It will take a long time for someone open the Skyscale for example, and a longterm goal to work towards and earn.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

no it literally isnt lol

Then you have no idea what you are talking about. With the masteries you open up the maps with your new skills. A player with full souped up mounts and gliding makes hot and other areas a total breeze. While newcomers can only watch as the skyscales and griffons soars above. That -IS- progression. It will take a long time for someone open the Skyscale for example, and a longterm goal to work towards and earn.

But is that the only progression?If you think so, then perhaps it is you who "have no idea what you are talking about".

@LucianDK.8615 said:

no it literally isnt lol

"I have full masteries. So im literally more progressed than others,im a very decent player cuz i did cold war 50 times and done some meta event 20 times. I also climed this mountain to get this mastery point so im a good player for sure. I HAVE PROOOOGREESSED"You are probably this type of person. Keep up progressing mate! But ur progression is limited. My one isnt :) and im just progressing everyday. Learning new stuff everyday. Trying new stuff. Doing diffrent gamemodes. Learning new builds,classes,compositions,usage of my class,getting experience on the contents i dont know how they work.Keep up gathering those mastery points and add golden numbers next to ur character name and call it progression

Thanks for all the comments tyrians! In fact I am not playing at the moment, I am just doing dailies to get AP as it's gonna always good to have more AP when I'll come back at it. I am actually playing GW1 to unlock HoM points to have more things in GW2 as skins and pet. I have just seen a bit of the new maps and stories but haven't completed all yet, saving the rest for when I decide to play this again.To answer people that tell me to get legendaries shiny stuff etc, well I have most of the infusions, including chak and other very expansive stuff, I have all the legendaries that i like, trinkets etc and im just disappointed that no more weapons are coming out.To answer the guy that tells me that GW is different well i know, i have played since it was released. And i am very a Fashion Wars guy, but as i said to a certain extent. And in fact I am also super disappointed that they are only releasing outfits and no more armors from the gemstore, as i said i am happy to buy gems every while and then to support them. I was a pretty good customer for Arenanet, but now if i want something new I'll just use in game gold.For the progression system I am sorry but I don't see as adding more levels that give skills bound only to certain maps is actually progressing, you just need them to complete new maps and then that's it. Once map are dead since they keep making new ones and forgetting about old maps, the masteries gained become pretty useless with the exception of the first masteries like gliding that actually made sense.I appreciate the advices but mine was more of a feedback for Anet, as they said they would be more present in the forums, so my hope is that they read this. I just listed the things that disappointed me as i lost trust in Anet since what they said about maps was kind of a lie. Mounts ruined the game but that's my opinion, people can like them whatever. I said they are cool and in fact I still collect them, but i'd be better off without.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:With ep 3 and 4 of ibs, you get the waystations, which you can buy portable ones and take anywhere. You can get medizookas, emp pulse skills, and land mines, which are a nice thing to be able to use in any map. Ep 4 brings a new mount skill that makes you invis, for whatever that’s worth to you. They even have brought back mushrooms, which I use a lot still, and the ley energy gliders which I use also rather than mounts sometimes. The new essence skills are use widely across ibs maps and strikes, so I get a lot of use of them, as clunky as they may be. It really helps big time having those masteries leveled up, imo.

Thanks for the information, I kinda stopped playing at Bjora so I haven't tried these new things. yey They seem intersting as items, BUT as for many other funny items to use in game, you have to use them from the inventory........... and it's super annoying especially if you have to use them more times with mobs around. So I really like GW2 interface and I undestand why they don't make it customizable. I like it a lot, it's very neat. But why not finding then a simple solution for it? Something like a toolbelt in the inventory where you can bind a few keys, so you can use them without opening inventory eveyrtime, especially in combat it's annoying. I mean they did something similar for novelties that are cool but useless, why not for these items that instead have a use outside towns. It could be used for consumables, maybe weapons to switch, but mainly these kind of items as the Position rewinder from Sandswept for example.

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:

no it literally isnt lol

"I have full masteries. So im literally more progressed than others,im a very decent player cuz i did cold war 50 times and done some meta event 20 times. I also climed this mountain to get this mastery point so im a good player for sure. I HAVE PROOOOGREESSED"You are probably this type of person. Keep up progressing mate! But ur progression is limited. My one isnt :) and im just progressing everyday. Learning new stuff everyday. Trying new stuff. Doing diffrent gamemodes. Learning new builds,classes,compositions,usage of my class,getting experience on the contents i dont know how they work.Keep up gathering those mastery points and add golden numbers next to ur character name and call it progression

When MMO players talk about progression, they talk about character progression---not player progression which seems to be what you are suggesting. Character progression thus IS either better gear or an increasing number of mastery points, achievement points or whatever there is. Hence, vertical vs. horizonal progression not being about becoming a better player, but being a better player will help you in horizonal (fashion wars, MP, KP, whateverP) or vertical progression (in other MMOs, better gear / gear level).

If you don't consider skill progression. A dev said the difference between the damage done by a good player and an average one is 500%. There's plenty of room for growth in this game.

In other games, it's all about stats...you're nothing more than a coatrack for greatness. Here, it's about player skill, far more than other games I've played. That's real progression to me. Plenty of stuff I can do now I couldn't do as well a year ago.

@Mahou.3924 said:

no it literally isnt lol

When MMO players talk about progression, they talk about character progression---not player progression which seems to be what you are suggesting. Character progression thus IS either better gear or an increasing number of mastery points, achievement points or whatever there is. Hence, vertical vs. horizonal progression not being about becoming a better player, but being a better player will help you in horizonal (fashion wars, MP, KP, whateverP) or vertical progression (in other MMOs, better gear / gear level).

Well... character progression in gw2 is limited. You can gear your character to full ascended of any stat in less than a weekMasteries are simply just toolsJust buy the expansion and do what u did before. Get EXP and upgrade your masteryWhile u are in maps also do some ez achivments or go to X place to gain mastery pointsThe player and skill progression in gw2 is NOT limited. You literally get a better player but u still have the same gear as someone elseIn raids a 50 LI player has the same stats as a 250LI player and a 2k LI player. But a 250 LI player does 4 times the dmg of the 50 LI player on the same build they are trying to learn.A raid/fractal player does the same dmg as 20 casual pve players in a squad at a meta event bossBec they are confident with what they are playing and know how to dmg the boss. Where to stand. How to cc. How their skills work. So they canreach the maximum potential of their class/build.The thing im trying to say is:Masteries,achivments,amount of skins unlocked,mounts unlocked, map completaion are in the side progression of the playerSkill and game knowlege and map knowlege (for pvp i guess) and class and game mechanics knowlege increase is the main progress and is meaningful. It comes with experience and training. You cant buy it ( maybe u can buy some boss strategies shrug )

And that's why I don't feel like playing anymore. I just counted. I've not started the latest LS yet (I tried, quit after 5 minutes of mute movements), but as of now, I'll need 20 more mastery points. And I don't see any I can get without having to do things over and over and over and over and over and over again. Especially if those things take an hour or more to do.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:With ep 3 and 4 of ibs, you get the waystations, which you can buy portable ones and take anywhere. You can get medizookas, emp pulse skills, and land mines, which are a nice thing to be able to use in any map. Ep 4 brings a new mount skill that makes you invis, for whatever that’s worth to you. They even have brought back mushrooms, which I use a lot still, and the ley energy gliders which I use also rather than mounts sometimes. The new essence skills are use widely across ibs maps and strikes, so I get a lot of use of them, as clunky as they may be. It really helps big time having those masteries leveled up, imo.

So, I don't even have those waystations, because I don't have the mastery points to get them. I presume that mount skill also needs mastery points and will be added to the end of the list because I don't see it in my list of masteries I don't have.