World Linking 7/31/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

One thing i hate about this game is the online community and how they just like to moan and cry at literally anything, me and my friend couldn't play wvw together and we didn't cry about it we just got on with our life's because we aren't baby's, now our servers by a miracle have been linked, that's what happens when you're not a crying baby that's always expecting things to go your way. Stay humble and grateful in life, it works wonders.

@skankhunt.1375 said:One thing i hate about this game is the online community and how they just like to moan and cry at literally anything, me and my friend couldn't play wvw together and we didn't cry about it we just got on with our life's because we aren't baby's, now our servers by a miracle have been linked, that's what happens when you're not a crying baby that's always expecting things to go your way. Stay humble and grateful in life, it works wonders.

The short version: The game makers have done a lot to make it as it is! The behavior or reactions of the community is, among other things, just the acknowledgement! With all the love (for the game or the preferred game modes) and respect (for the people in charge). It makes a difference whether you look at things (only) individually, or as a whole. There is not much more (short version) to add.

Without really feeling addressed, who says that you are not (or can't be) humble, or that you are not (or can't be) grateful just because you are critical, have other opinions (which you express, whatever), or don't dance to the desired tune? No answer is needed ;)

@skankhunt.1375 said:One thing i hate about this game is the online community and how they just like to moan and cry at literally anything, me and my friend couldn't play wvw together and we didn't cry about it we just got on with our life's because we aren't baby's, now our servers by a miracle have been linked, that's what happens when you're not a crying baby that's always expecting things to go your way. Stay humble and grateful in life, it works wonders.

You know you or your friend could've just transferred servers to play together, right?

@Chaba.5410 said:

You know you or your friend could've just transferred servers to play together, right?

That's not humble enough.On a serious note I would like to remind ANet that we are not pixels here, and not NPCs - we are people and we are communities, that can go well together or can hate and despise each other. So before linking COMMUNITIES together you should make some reseach, ask people if they want to play together or not, will some links make an enjoyable experience or not, rather then just lock us together for two months in such a slapdash manner. We are here to enjoy this game after all, right?

I dunno what's going on with EU. Every single relink the majority of people posting here who don't like it are EU posters.

I mean anet probably still follow the language restrictions heavily (there's still mixed links yes but probably because it was no choice and still ok I guess with an EN server involved), but it still makes it's harder for them to put servers together, which isn't a problem on the NA side. Plus with the limited numbers of servers to actually put together balanced pairs, plus with the all the last minute bandwagoning which can shift coverage, it's an entire mess.

Maybe if EU players don't care about language barriers they could put together some better links, but that's for the EU people to scream at them this is ok to do... and I don't mean just the 20 people in here.

Or at this point just do one last relink (because they obviously won't do merges), put all transfer fees to one level again, keep all servers open, and let people go wherever they want. We don't have tournaments and being number one really is meaningless as we all know it's just due to coverage, nothing else. So what's the point of trying to make servers competitive in populations since they obviously don't count coverage hours in their linkings anyways. The supposed alliance is coming but that only keeps guilds together, it's not going to fix coverage.

We already have transfer fees, lag, toxic communities, and map queues to keep overgrown servers in check.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

Maybe if EU players don't care about language barriers they could put together some better links, but that's for the EU people to scream at them this is ok to do... and I don't mean just the 20 people in here.

I am an EU-Player, and i dont care about language barriers ... for example.

There has long been a proper solution or replacement for the current "server system", the baby is now at least two years old. For us, however, only on "paper" and not really visible. What did they call it - world restructuring (alliances)? :astonished:

WvW-Matchups, balancing (and more): Alliances > language barriers > current system

@Metzie.3451 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

I am an EU-Player, and i dont care about language barriers ... for example.

There has long been a proper solution or replacement for the current "server system", the baby is now at least two years old. For us, however, only on "paper" and not really visible. What did they call it -
? :astonished:

WvW-Matchups, balancing (and more): Alliances > language barriers > current system

Except it's still going to be sorted by language.... I'm sure we'll still have people complaining about how the EN world is bigger than the FR or DE ones.

Stop basing your WvW server populations on PVE Server populations, and that initial peaktime log on, when the kids log on to do their daily and go again.Limit servers to a max of 50 per teamAutomatically put queued players for a map into a non queued oneKindly stop linking Desolation with anyone , we don`t want them esp the french ! . Matter of fact stop linking all together.Ban Nth American and Sth American players from eu servers , lets see how certain servers do without their intercontinental back up to help them at 3am

@"Balkarrie Legacy.9175" said:Kindly stop linking Desolation with anyone , we don`t want them esp the french ! . Matter of fact stop linking all together.

Why Desolation should not be linked? That would mean almost non-stop outnumbered "buff" for Deso.

Even with a linked server there is generally just a queue to one map in prime time on Deso. At same time enemy servers can usually fill several maps. During weekdays and non-prime there is no queue and plenty of outnumbered buff for Deso.

@"Balkarrie Legacy.9175" said:Stop basing your WvW server populations on PVE Server populations, and that initial peaktime log on, when the kids log on to do their daily and go again.Limit servers to a max of 50 per teamAutomatically put queued players for a map into a non queued oneKindly stop linking Desolation with anyone , we don`t want them esp the french ! . Matter of fact stop linking all together.Ban Nth American and Sth American players from eu servers , lets see how certain servers do without their intercontinental back up to help them at 3am

Newsflash, pal.

McKenna Berdrow.2759 ArenaNet › December 9, 2017 edited December 22, 2017Q: When is a world considered "Full"?A: Worlds are considered full when the average weekly playtime in WvW exceeds a set threshold. The status of worlds is periodically checked and then the “Full” status of > worlds is adjusted.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19921/wvw-frequently-asked-questions#latest

What they need to do is stop disadvantaging servers by not giving them a link. Find a way to do this please ANet as it's the same for every server that stands alone, they drop to Tier 5 (EU) and lose numbers. Happened to Piken, Kodash, Deso, Jade Sea and Gandara on the last links, and poor old WSR are getting annihilated this time around. Only server that gets away with it is BB due to their strength at night keeping them from dropping.

@MoonT.6845 said:What they need to do is stop disadvantaging servers by not giving them a link. Find a way to do this please ANet as it's the same for every server that stands alone, they drop to Tier 5 (EU) and lose numbers. Happened to Piken, Kodash, Deso, Jade Sea and Gandara on the last links, and poor old WSR are getting annihilated this time around. Only server that gets away with it is BB due to their strength at night keeping them from dropping.

The poor wsr is something else. They just decided to go somewhere else. They will be T5 for sure for the rest of the period.

@MoonT.6845 said:What they need to do is stop disadvantaging servers by not giving them a link. Find a way to do this please ANet as it's the same for every server that stands alone, they drop to Tier 5 (EU) and lose numbers. Happened to Piken, Kodash, Deso, Jade Sea and Gandara on the last links, and poor old WSR are getting annihilated this time around. Only server that gets away with it is BB due to their strength at night keeping them from dropping.

Piken doesn't seem to have recovered since. I've played against them before, never have I seen them have trouble mustering zergs as they do today. It's scary. We're linked with them (Vabbi) and unfortunately we cant really help them all that much, we've got good commanders, but the numbers just arent there

They need to just remove relinking. Relinking just brings too much variance in how WvW plays out. Servers that are often linked together such as GH+FoW are flourishing due to power of friendship! Well truthfully, it most likely is just people knowing commanders and commanders knowing how skilled people they can get, without it drastically changing every 2 months. This brings improvement and stability. Do note I mean relinking, not linking itself. Keep the links as it is until expansion and count population as main+link server rather than separately

You do have a point that every server that has experienced being full and unlinked at same time is still suffering from it: Dzagonur, Kodash, Deso, Piken, Gandara, WSR, Jade Sea. Basically 2 unplayable WvW months with lower numbers than linked ones made their internal scene crumble. All experienced players on those servers basically changed exclusive to guild raiding or hopped servers.

BB seems to be a special case, we all know they have more population than other full servers. They went full in the past but all the spanish people were flooding on other servers and after some forum complaints, it hasn't been full ever since.

@Len.1879 said:

@"Balkarrie Legacy.9175" said:Stop basing your WvW server populations on PVE Server populations, and that initial peaktime log on, when the kids log on to do their daily and go again.Limit servers to a max of 50 per teamAutomatically put queued players for a map into a non queued oneKindly stop linking Desolation with anyone , we don`t want them esp the french ! . Matter of fact stop linking all together.Ban Nth American and Sth American players from eu servers , lets see how certain servers do without their intercontinental back up to help them at 3am

Newsflash, pal.

McKenna Berdrow.2759 ArenaNet › December 9, 2017 edited December 22, 2017Q: When is a world considered "Full"?A: Worlds are considered full when the average weekly playtime in WvW exceeds a set threshold. The status of worlds is periodically checked and then the “Full” status of > worlds is adjusted.

That utter wank from 3 years ago is exactly that, utter wank . i can tell you Deso is not full, unless its full of people alts . Tonight a case in point, we can barely get 30 together to defend our border, GH are running with with 50+ on our border, with another 30+ on EBArborstone have no one on at all it appears .

Screw this linking bullcrap , it does nothing to help anyway, and if Deso is that full, why bother linking us anyway ... its all shyte

Seconding what Balky has stated above, this is now the third week of constant blobbing from 10pm to 3am on multiple maps while Deso can barely field a full squad. Your population algorithms are bull shit. Your meta is bullshit. Your care for WvW is bullshit. I'm sick of this. I've supported your game since 2012 and you have until Cantha, thereafter you won't get another cent out of me until you fix this mess you've created.

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:Seconding what Balky has stated above, this is now the third week of constant blobbing from 10pm to 3am on multiple maps while Deso can barely field a full squad. Your population algorithms are bull kitten. Your meta is kitten. Your care for WvW is kitten. I'm sick of this. I've supported your game since 2012 and you have until Cantha, thereafter you won't get another cent out of me until you fix this mess you've created.

So.. you’re giving them two more years.

After 8 you expect it to change?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:Seconding what Balky has stated above, this is now the third week of constant blobbing from 10pm to 3am on multiple maps while Deso can barely field a full squad. Your population algorithms are bull kitten. Your meta is kitten. Your care for WvW is kitten. I'm sick of this. I've supported your game since 2012 and you have until Cantha, thereafter you won't get another cent out of me until you fix this mess you've created.

So.. you’re giving them two more years.

After 8 you expect it to change?

I see what you did there! Good point, and I know right? I love WvW what can I say?