Guild Wars 2 UI disappearing option.

We all love how Guild Wars 2 looks. But the UI, which already is very minimal, can get in the way of this beauty. Now you can toggle the UI with a button, BUT that would mean if something happens, you have to press that button again. And some elements of the UI you should always be able to see (like the Map).So maybe it is possible that the UI vanishes (except for the map maybe) when out of combat. That way, more of Guild Wars 2 can be seen and enjoyed, but when the action begins, everything you need pops right back up. I suggest having the option to toggle the map (and leave a compass style navigation) would also be nice.Thoughts anyone? (Devs, your opinion would GREATLY be appreciated).

I'd love this. Elder Scrolls Online has the option to hide elements of the UI when they're not in use. For example when you're not in combat or targeting an enemy your skill bar disappears, and then it comes back automatically when you need it.

It's a really nice option because it means when you're just exploring you get to see more of the world but if you want to keep anything up you can just set it to not disappear, and other stuff comes back as needed.

• 1 year later...

@Stallic.2397 said:UI just disappeared today to me in the middle of a ranked game. Thanks for the thread, I got it back. But why is this even on keybind???

I use it frequently when taking screenshots, so I like having a keybind.

If you're worried about hitting it by accident the solution is to unbind it, or set it to something you won't hit while playing. I've got it set to F12 so it's near the print screen button but well away from anything I use normally.

@Emberstone.2904 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:UI just disappeared today to me in the middle of a ranked game. Thanks for the thread, I got it back. But why is this even on keybind???That's quite a hotkey/shortcut to hit accidentally, and this is coming from someone who had 38 keybinds for WoW back in the day.

Haha, I main Ele and honestly, in a heated ranked game, it feels like you're playing a piano. Fingers moving so fast, next thing you know, my UI is gone ??

@Stallic.2397 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:UI just disappeared today to me in the middle of a ranked game. Thanks for the thread, I got it back. But why is this even on keybind???That's quite a hotkey/shortcut to hit accidentally, and this is coming from someone who had 38 keybinds for WoW back in the day.

Haha, I main Ele and honestly, in a heated ranked game, it feels like you're playing a piano. Fingers moving so fast, next thing you know, my UI is gone ??

Ah, that I get. I main Weaver also.