Can WvW get a cheaper alternative to crafting 32 slot bags??

I agree, and there is precedent for it. The cultural armor chest is available for purchase in PvE for 30 gold, or you can purchase it in WvW for 15 gold + 750 badges per honor pricing a badge of honor at 2 silver. I think charging something like 100 gold + 3000 badges of honor would be reasonable for a 32 slot bag. It would also provide a use for badges of honor since they are probably the most worthless currency in GW2 at the moment.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:How much of a discount? Because the 32 slot bags cost around 125-180g to craft. You're going to kitten off a hell of a lot of people if you suddenly make them significantly cheaper in WvW.

Well considering if you add in skirmish tickets, let's say 50 tickets for 24 slot, 100 tickets for 28 slot, and 150 tickets for 32 slot, at maybe 30% gold cost reduction of the normal 32 slot bags (not reinforced boreal). The same cost reduction from crafting the 20 slot bag in PvE vs don't some WvW and buying it for 7g and 350 badges of honor. Which would be around 184g to make the 32-Slot Courier's Locker, so the cost for the 32 slot bag in WvW would be estimated around 125g. Reinforced Boreal Trunk is only 116g to craft if you farm the Eitrite Ingots instead of crafting them, but you need the achievement done and recipes unlocked to do that, and a full time WvW player isn't going to bother with that stuff.

I don't see the cost of Reinforced Boreal Trunk at 116G if gathering Eitrite Ingots. Looks like 125G, as the cost is in Supreme and Superior Runes of Holding.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special:RunQuery/Base_ingredients_query&Base_ingredients%5Bitem%5D=Reinforced%20Boreal%20Trunk&Base_ingredients%5Bid%5D=13293&Base_ingredients%5Bquantity%5D=1&_run

It's actually a tiny bit less than shown (90 Copper), as one can purchase the Superior Runes of Holding from Master Craftsmen for a flat 10G.

32 slot siegemaster satchel for testimonies of heroics would be nice. I don't think they will allow badges of honor fewer than in the thousands as many people have tons of them.To put it in perspective, number of gw2efficiency linked players:

Top 10% of all players is 760 WvW rank ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank )The subset of players that care enough to do Icebrood Saga WvW reward track is 10% ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.category=13 ) , the subset players with the capture 100 objectives emblem of the conqueror is ~10%, and the subset of all players that has either WvW emblem is ~16%

edit:Top 10% of players has 2 Gifts of Battle and even for 4000+hour players it's 9 gifts of battle. ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.giftsOfBattle )** Top 10% of players has 15 WvW potions waiting to be used and for 4000+ hour players there's 314 potions ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.potionOfWvwRewards ). A reward track requires 80 WvW potions.Top 10% of players has 12 Legendary Spikes and for 4000+ hour players it's 67 Legendary Spikes ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.legendarySpikes ).

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:How much of a discount? Because the 32 slot bags cost around 125-180g to craft. You're going to kitten off a hell of a lot of people if you suddenly make them significantly cheaper in WvW.Require 1500-2000 WvW rank and people will run the other way if they just want gold savings. Or just require accountbound WvW currency that isn't readily available (testimonies of heroics / skirmish tickets , spare unused emblems, gift of battle, even legendary spikes).

If you want to make it heavily gated it could be 4 gifts of battle , 1000 testimonies of heroics, 10 legendary spikes , 6000 badges of honor.

If it were something like 2 emblem of conqueror + 2 emblem of avenger + 1000 testimonies of heroics + 2 legendary spikes I bet non WvW people would already forget about it.

The current conversion is roughly 2.3 silvers per testimony of heroics , so 1000 of them is about 23 gold already. Badges of tribute conversion rate would mean 6000 badges of honor is ~24 gold.

If you look at cultural armor for example, a tier 3 armor set is 104 gold but in WvW it's ~45 gold + 2975 badges. If you count the 2975 badges at badge of tribute conversion rate it's ~11g there so the net savings is roughly half.

It could also be gated weekly in the form of limit 1 per week similar to festivals.

Another way it could be "earned" is having an alternate route , such as reward for maxed tower/keep/camp capture title in exchange for emblem of the conqueror (100 caps).

How ubiquitous are 32 slot bags? Only top 10% of all players has one of them (presumably from the Sandswept isles). Even accounting for top 10% of 4000+ hours players it's still 2 of them.https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.thirtyTwoSlotBags

@Josiah.2967 said:I am strongly against this.

Any particular reason?

I don't see larger bags as something that's tied to any specific content, and many of the suggested alternatives seem reasonable in terms of the time/effort required to get the WvW currencies compared to gold, it would just mean WvW players have a way to get the bags while focusing on the game mode they enjoy most. What's the downside to it?

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:How much of a discount? Because the 32 slot bags cost around 125-180g to craft. You're going to kitten off a hell of a lot of people if you suddenly make them significantly cheaper in WvW.PVErs constantly brag about how they make 30g+ an hour. I'd like to see the same people spend 5 hours in WvW and see how much they make. Got to get those leather synthesizers!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:How much of a discount? Because the 32 slot bags cost around 125-180g to craft. You're going to kitten off a hell of a lot of people if you suddenly make them significantly cheaper in WvW.PVErs constantly brag about how they make 30g+ an hour. I'd like to see the same people spend 5 hours in WvW and see how much they make. Got to get those leather synthesizers!It's not bragging if it's an established benchmark. Fast farming eu numbers:
Instanced content
  • Voice& claw Strike mission on repeat (gold completion) : ~38g/hour (~70g/hour for first gold tier run of the day)
  • Shiverpeaks Pass (first run of the day , assuming 5 min duration): ~33.4g/hour
  • Whisper of Jormag Strike mission on repeat (gold completion) : ~25.6g/hour
  • Forging Steel strike mission (nobody wants to repeat this daily): ~13.6g/hour assuming 0:26 duration
  • Cold War strike mission (nobody wants to do this anymore unless it's weekly/double daily): ~13.4g/hour assuming 0:11 duration (which is really quick since the first half requires 8 minutes)
  • Hall of Chains Raid (weekly): 32g/hour (assuming 0.6 hour duration)
  • Key of Ahdashim Raid (weekly): ~31g/hour (assuming 0.5 hour duration)
  • Bastion of the Penitent Raid (weekly): ~29.5g/hour (assuming 0.5 hour duration)
  • Spirit Value (weekly): ~29g/hour (assuming 0.5 hour duration)
  • Mythwright Gambit (Weekly) : ~29g/hour (assuming 0.5 hour duration)

Openworld content

• Dragonfall w/ daily meta chests 27.6g/hour , with spirit shards value it's 34.4g/hour (assuming 2:13 duration)
  • Meta train (Doppel, Forge, Mat, Pinata, Ley, Junu, Thund, Ooze,Tarir) : 27g/hour , with spirit shards value it is 31.6g/hour (assuming 1:15 duration)
  • Auric Basin Bauble: 26.5g/hour , with spirit shards value it is 32.4g/hour (assuming 1:38 duration)
  • Drizzlewood : ~25g/hour , with spirit shards value it is 27.7g/hour (assuming 2:25 duration , this is probably evaluated before shard of jormag tanked to about 1/3 of its value)
  • Forged Champtrain : 25.9g/hour , with spirit shards value it is 29.5g/hour (assuming 1:39 duration)

A WvW reward track nets about 25g total (Sandswept/Istan/Dragonfall) and there's really low chance to do it within one hour. Per the wiki: overall minimal time to complete a reward track is 3h 50m (46 ticks), where all available boosters increases the points per tick from 195 to 438.

It's inventory bags. Who cares what they cost. This is such a pointless item to gate behind cost in any mode. The only reason they cost what they do is to sell more bag slots and bank slots since a percentage of players will buy gems and get that instantly rather than farm for the gold. Honestly though, you don't need a lot of space with the way the inventory currently works in this game. I took one look at the cost after completing the 32 slot achievement one and decided 20 slot bags were just fine.

@Danikat.8537 said:I don't see larger bags as something that's tied to any specific content, and many of the suggested alternatives seem reasonable in terms of the time/effort required to get the WvW currencies compared to gold, it would just mean WvW players have a way to get the bags while focusing on the game mode they enjoy most. What's the downside to it?

you can't really place a gold value on gambling, and that's where 90% of the materials come from

• Spool of Deldrimor Thread from gambling RNG door
  • Supreme Rune of Holding from Sandstorm Lucky Draw gambling

all the leftover materials are like nothing...

my WvW toon only have 100 bag space (no bag slot upgrade, 20 slots each), always have ~30 free space, not sure why you need so many free spaces

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:How much of a discount? Because the 32 slot bags cost around 125-180g to craft. You're going to kitten off a hell of a lot of people if you suddenly make them significantly cheaper in WvW.PVErs constantly brag about how they make 30g+ an hour. I'd like to see the same people spend 5 hours in WvW and see how much they make. Got to get those leather synthesizers!

I agree.

Even using the low end of 10g/hr, I'd see no issue in there being a 32 slot bag reward track. You shouldn't really count boosters in the time taken to do things, because an hour of a booster costs gold anyway.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

I agree.

Even using the low end of 10g/hr, I'd see no issue in there being a 32 slot bag reward track. You shouldn't really count boosters in the time taken to do things, because an hour of a booster costs gold anyway.

A 32 slot bag reward track for WvW (and PvP) would be a good idea.