Special Mission: Explosive Situations Needs More Time to Complete

Tony.8659

Just go ahead of the group. If you're lucky then it'll be the first event at bay and you can do roughly six mines before it completes.

On a similar note, for those trying to do the prisoners, do the same for both regions on the east side of the map but don't kill the warden. The event will likely fail before the zerg gets to it anyway and everyone will still be able to do all three events before the tribune.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:The issue with "fixing" these is that you make it more difficult for players later on after the initial rush is done.

I said scaled better meaning now with 80 of us it would be alot and later with 10 of us would be less like how events scale throughout all other content.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:The issue with "fixing" these is that you make it more difficult for players later on after the initial rush is done.

I said scaled better meaning now with 80 of us it would be alot and later with 10 of us would be less like how events scale throughout all other content.

We've seen how well Anet can scale things. Remember that airship part event in VB? We complained about the scaling during beta and it's still terrible.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The issue with "fixing" these is that you make it more difficult for players later on after the initial rush is done.

We've seen how well Anet can scale things. Remember that airship part event in VB? We complained about the scaling during beta and it's still terrible.

Yeah but if I do say balloons or bombers with one other we kill like 6 and it's done but if the zerg is there when it pops we gotta kill like 30 so scaling like that. I've done north probably 25 times and I just got 10/10 on mines so it's silly. Of course I panic rushing miss the 1st ping and blow myself up and by the time I get up the events over lol so I really think that one could last longer.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The issue with "fixing" these is that you make it more difficult for players later on after the initial rush is done.

Yeah but if I do say balloons or bombers with one other we kill like 6 and it's done but if the zerg is there when it pops we gotta kill like 30 so scaling like that. I've done north probably 25 times and I just got 10/10 on mines so it's silly. Of course I panic rushing miss the 1st ping and blow myself up and by the time I get up the events over lol so I really think that one could last longer.

And once everyone has completed that achievement, which doesn't even give AP, you're stuck with a slightly longer event that really offers you no benefit on subsequent runs and just extends the time it takes to complete the meta.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

And once everyone has completed that achievement, which doesn't even give AP, you're stuck with a slightly longer event that really offers you no benefit on subsequent runs and just extends the time it takes to complete the meta.

You really want to fight this huh? You get that it finishes so fast that more then half the zerg get no credit also? I'm sure a whole 30-40 seconds more so everyone gets event credit will be devastating. It finishes in 15 seconds like corrupted shard is the only one close to that and all you gotta do is tag for a bit of damage not disarm a bomb

@Jilora.9524 said:

You really want to fight this huh? You get that it finishes so fast that more then half the zerg get no credit also? I'm sure a whole 30-40 seconds more so everyone gets event credit will be devastating. It finishes in 15 seconds like corrupted shard is the only one close to that and all you gotta do is tag for a bit of damage not disarm a bomb

It’s never finished in 15 seconds. That’s an exaggeration. It’s always been available for about a minute.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It’s never finished in 15 seconds. That’s an exaggeration. It’s always been available for about a minute.

As is yours. I already said I have been 1st there grabbed the mine messed up and blown myself up and couldn't get to another so it's def closer to 15s then 1 minute

@Jilora.9524 said:

As is yours. I already said I have been 1st there grabbed the mine messed up and blown myself up and couldn't get to another so it's def closer to 15s then 1 minute

Edit: Actually, it doesn't matter. Anet is going to do whatever the most vocal players want anyway. Make the event last long enough so that everyone has enough time to complete the achievement within a single event.

I came here looking for more information on this Special Mission and am disappointed at how hard this one Special Mission is to accomplish. I have not been able to diffuse a single bomb in the 20 or so North Meta runs I have been on. Today this event completed in 15 seconds or less 3 times so far, which is typical the past week for it.

If I am able to get there, and am able to get the Mine Disposal kit, the closest I have gotten is having the event complete while I am diffusing the first bomb I come to. I have tried camping this event but zerg > me every time. I will likely not complete or attempt to complete this Special Event if it continues to be such a pain, considering I have completed all the other Special Missions (except for No Charr left Behind and Bullets and Beans).

I would suggest that players in the immediate vicinity, or who have picked up a diffusing kit, get a single tick on this achievement when the event completes.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

That one doesn't seem to do any scaling at all. Doing it solo is still stupidly slow.

Also in this case, how far in the Drizzlewood meta can you get without enough people? With other events it could be argued that it will be difficult to do with less people later but here you need enough people just to get to the event in the first place.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Also in this case, how far in the Drizzlewood meta can you get without enough people?

How much is enough? 9 is the theoretical minimum to complete the entire meta (north and south). I've never not seen the north zerged, but can confirm that all of the south camps can be taken by 2 people and the final boss with ~5.

Also why would scaling be an issue with less people? The only times that scaling turns into a problem is when the devs fail to set a reasonable baseline or when the increase per person goes too high. The solution to both is to set more reasonable values. +1 mine per person is probably too much but how about +1 per 5? 10? etc. people?

There is a potential technical issue. Some things seem to snapshot their state on creation. In the case of events this means that the game always things there is only 1 person around if there was only 1 around when the event started no matter how many show up later. Dynamic events are actually very static.