GW2 freezing up my computer during map loading screens?

So, I've been having an issue since about two minor updates ago, following the release of the Jormag Rising chapter. Every now and then while playing, my entire computer will freeze up -- nothing responding, no sound, image frozen on the screen, no mouse or keyboard responding, fan increasingly getting louder and faster. I have to force a manual restart, and when it happens, it's _always _at the same point -- a few moments into the static loading screen when I change maps. Does anyone give any idea how this might be fixed? Running a repair or reinstalling the client does nothing. It doesn't seem to matter which map I'm loading into, or which character I'm on.

I'm worried that there may be nothing I CAN do, as sadly, this is exactly the same thing that happened during the Wintersday event this past winter. Starting as soon as it went live, I was having this exact same regular issue, and nothing I tried fixed it. It remained an issue until the day the update that removed the Wintersday events went live, at which point it had again been working just fine for the past seven months again -- right up until this most recent chapter.

Any suggestions? Unlike the Wintersday event, I don't see this chapter actually being 'retired' at any point, and I'd hate to end up just abandoning the game because it keeps crashing my entire computer.