Blacklion-Chest bugged Droprates?

Someone else experienced a strange droprate for the special-skin in blacklion-chests?

I used 100keys and 2 golden ones and got no mount or glider.

I know its rng but it was never that bad for me before.

Did the Pre-Droprate Hotfix messed something up?

My anecdotal black lion chest experiences:It took me 50 keys to get the vermillion tail torch. 45 to get the dreamwalker backpack. (and those were the only two uncommon drops I got for that chest. There was rage.)1 golden key to get the monarch skyscale mount skin.24 keys to get the trihorn mount skin. 29 to get the backpack. I got the spectral warhorn twice. (4 uncommon drops this time)My friends got the vermillion tail torch with 1-5 keys. They didn't try for the backpack. One guy had three golden keys and got the trihorn mount skin and the phoenix backpack skin with this chest.RNG is a jerk, man. Gambling is gambling. Sometimes you win, but usually you lose.

RNG is RNG. No matter how many people post, it's all just anecdotal, and your mileage may vary. Whenever new BLC contents are released, I try to buy 25 keys if my budget allows; that's my hard limit. Sometimes I have great luck, sometimes it's terrible, and usually it's so-so. This time I got the raptor skin and the Vermillion wings/glider combo, the latter on my 25th key.

Statistically it will take 10,000 keys to guarantee the uncommon you want. Think about that. It's best to not buy keys and support it, but even I went against my best judgement for this.... If you can wait a few more months, it should bee available for statues that you will have from opening that many.

Note: It took me 72 keys.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:RNG is RNG. No matter how many people post, it's all just anecdotal, and your mileage may vary. Whenever new BLC contents are released, I try to buy 25 keys if my budget allows; that's my hard limit. Sometimes I have great luck, sometimes it's terrible, and usually it's so-so. This time I got the raptor skin and the Vermillion wings/glider combo, the latter on my 25th key.

^This. I bought 15 keys with a combination of cash and gold and I got the wings. Last time I bought 15 keys and got nothing. Since I limit myself to a small number of keys, I'm not only not expecting to win (and therefore can only be so disappointed when I don't!), but I'm also never going to get burned. The way I see it, I'm just supporting the game with small purchases. While I don't usually get the item I want, I have unlocked a number of items I wouldn't have had otherwise. I am generally pretty content with that.

If you go in expecting to win, you'll definitely be disappointed when you don't and, if you're so inclined, you might keep throwing money at it in an irrational refusal to accept that loss. Just don't do it! You will always lose in the long run.

It happens all the time. It's more noticable when the exclusive skins are more popular because there's more people who are disappointed they didn't get them, but there's also more people talking about how quickly they were able to get them. I had a similar experience when the whale glider was one of the drops, I used almost 50 keys I had saved up and didn't get it, but other people told me they got it on their first key or very quickly, I was just the unlucky one that time around. (I did experience a bug, or rather a design flaw, in that I got the unicorn griffon twice, but support sorted it out.)

This is why it's not a good idea to buy keys unless you're willing to risk being left with nothing you wanted. Free keys have the same risk of course, but at least that way you hopefully enjoyed playing while getting them, so you got something out of it.