Are all Mastery Points Needed?

Hey guys, after long time I decided to retry pve open world and grow up my mastery rank... Currently I am only 33.

I just completed Verdant Brink map and collected all Mastery insights and strongboxes, plus the dive achievement of jumping down.

But the other achievements seems so impossible to do, I did one even completely alone, and then time ran out and It was failed because nobody was there helping me... The one that i need to complete all 5 outposts, I killed 2 legendary bosses of the map and i need the others for the mastery point as well.

The problem is those achievements seems so hard to get and if i don't get them i remain always behind? Or doing the story plus the insights will give me a fair amount anyway?

Thanks guys if you have tips.

No, you do not need all the mastery points. There are 198 HoT mastery points available and you only need 144 to train all the masteries. (It's the same for Core, and PoF masteries, Icebrood Saga is a bit less forgiving with only 7 spare points, but the season isn't finished so that might change.)

Most of the mastery tracks are also designed so they get progressively less useful as they go along, so it's better to focus on unlocking all the lower tiers first (which take less mastery points) and only unlock the higher tiers when you have points to spare or really need that specific ability.

@Linken.6345 said:No all aint needed mate, if you have living story season 3 even less is needed in hearth of thorns

@Danikat.8537 said:No, you do not need all the mastery points. There are 198 HoT mastery points available and you only need 144 to train all the masteries. (It's the same for Core, and PoF masteries, Icebrood Saga is a bit less forgiving with only 7 spare points, but the season isn't finished so that might change.)

Most of the mastery tracks are also designed so they get progressively less useful as they go along, so it's better to focus on unlocking all the lower tiers first (which take less mastery points) and only unlock the higher tiers when you have points to spare or really need that specific ability.

Thanks both.I just completed living world2 and completed map of verdant, now i should do the story and then move one to auric basin? Even tho there are many spare points, there so many hard achievements to complete and I'm missing many, i am only rank34 so far now...

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Linken.6345 said:No all aint needed mate, if you have living story season 3 even less is needed in hearth of thorns

@Danikat.8537 said:No, you do not need all the mastery points. There are 198 HoT mastery points available and you only need 144 to train all the masteries. (It's the same for Core, and PoF masteries, Icebrood Saga is a bit less forgiving with only 7 spare points, but the season isn't finished so that might change.)

Most of the mastery tracks are also designed so they get progressively
less
useful as they go along, so it's better to focus on unlocking all the lower tiers first (which take less mastery points) and only unlock the higher tiers when you have points to spare or really need that specific ability.

Thanks both.I just completed living world2 and completed map of verdant, now i should do the story and then move one to auric basin? Even tho there are many spare points, there so many hard achievements to complete and I'm missing many, i am only rank34 so far now...

Follow story if you want, you dont have to stay somewere just becouse you havent 100% finished it.You can always go back later

As others have mentioned, no you have quite a few spare mastery points available to you. If you are interested in exactly how many, the wikis have the exact amount needed and available.

The wiki on mastery in general has the exact amounts needed total, per area and unique mastery:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

The wiki on mastery points gain has the total and exact source of mastery points:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

For short reference:Core49 out of 82 needed (but some of these can be rather difficult, especially if you decide not to do fractals)HoT144 out of 198 neededPoF102 out of 130 neededIB43 out of 50 needed (though this will change as the current Living World Saga continues. In general the total spare amount of mastery points increases, also some mastery points seem to be missing from the wiki like the ones from Moral Breaker)

I have 8 spare IB mastery points currently and can gain a 9th one while being capped level wise. So the numbers are slightly off.