Nope

I go to Metrica tonight just to complete the map on one of my toons.And there are no less than 8 people tagged up... pretending to be there to "help all the new people" they say this streamer is going to bring.But really just wanting to flash their shinies in front of a few thousand people on stream.This community at it's usual.... bottom feeding and not allowing this guy to really experience the game.

He's mostly a fps shooter guy, but he's done stuff like sea of thieves, GTA rp, he's played mmo's like wow, and recently eso. He's usually 20-35k views, during valorant he was going 100-200k because of beta.

It could be good exposure for gw2 considering gw2 usually gets like 1-2k views on twitch these days. But will anything come from that.... probably not...

@"XenesisII.1540" said:He's mostly a fps shooter guy, but he's done stuff like sea of thieves, GTA rp, he's played mmo's like wow, and recently eso. He's usually 20-35k views, during valorant he was going 100-200k because of beta.

It could be good exposure for gw2 considering gw2 usually gets like 1-2k views on twitch these days. But will anything come from that.... probably not...Good exposure of what?How so many in this community are SO desperate for the validation of their choice of game by a pseudo-celebrity that they will completely sperg out?Because if you went to Metrica last night or watched what happened when Summit AFK'ed you know that what was exposed on stream was NOT good, and will not draw new fans into this game.If you watched the way people were sending him tips with "helpful hints", if you watched the way this community was acting in his chat...The list goes on...The way this community, who pretends to be so great, wouldn't even let him just enjoy the game and explore around?At best it was needy, and cringe-worthy.I found it pretty disgusting.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Good exposure of what?How so many in this community are SO desperate for the validation of their choice of game by a pseudo-celebrity that they will completely sperg out?Because if you went to Metrica last night or watched what happened when Summit AFK'ed you know that what was exposed on stream was NOT good, and will not draw new fans into this game.If you watched the way people were sending him tips with "helpful hints", if you watched the way this community was acting in his chat...The list goes on...The way this community, who pretends to be so great, wouldn't even let him just enjoy the game and explore around?At best it was needy, and cringe-worthy.I found it pretty disgusting.

The community is the same in every game. You have the good people, have you had the bad, you have the attention seeking trolls. He's use to it as it happens in every game, at least he figured out switching zones to get away from them. But yeah people need to chill out and stop following him around trying to show off their costume and sparkles.

Exposure for this game would be good, because it's known to have some of the best combat in mmo's, but the problem is the game is so hidden by terrible marketing and for some unknown reason has a bad perception by a lot of players especially those looking from the WoW side and don't give it a chance. A lot of it has to do with the no vertical gear progression, so immediately they dismiss it without understanding it.

And then last night they were given an example of it as the two guys playing with him haven't played in 5 years yet knew they wouldn't need to upgrade gear on their level 80's, which felt like a good thing even to summit. There were those who didn't even think the game had an end game, when we have raids, fractals, strikes, world bosses/metas, living story, wvw, spvp. Yet at level 15 they went and did shadow behemoth show casing an early world boss, I wonder what they would think of shatterer 2.0

He loved how combat felt as he spent most of the night just wanting to kill stuff playing around with weapons on the warrior, he went off track and explored the game as he did so, basically playing the game like it was meant to be played. He loved how fluid the animations were even underwater. He was BLOWN away by the musical instruments being played and watched videos of CMAJ music guild, how is that a bad thing giving props and showcasing the creative side of players in gw2? We saw spiderman, wonder woman, darth vader, bowser, ronald mcdonald, one punch man, all show up, players show casing their creativity with skins and dyes.

Or we can just focus on the trolls I guess, which is what they want....

Why am I not surprised this thread gets thrown into the dead community creations section from the wvw one, while the other one in general remains. Marketing, once again, failing.

• Confused 1