Update Coming to Drizzlewood Coast Meta

Fire Attunement.9835

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"DirtyDan.4759" said:Instead of making the player open 22 mini chests back to back, why not just make one chest and make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22?

I don't understand what you mean by "make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22".However each mini chest costs one key to open, thus using a single key to open one big chest would be too convenient for us.

@Pyriin.3291 said:Great job listening to feedback and working acordingy, now if its possible to listen to other feedback like doing some CPR on forgoten dead content (raids, pvp, wvw, fractals, etc etc), instead of a one skill spam farming map, would be great.i would like to login with the prospect of having some fun and not being hit with boredom

They are working on a new fractal that should be released in September, and I think they won't release any raid because of strike missions. It's sad, but yeah I think that the Icebrood Saga is for strikes and raids will come after, maybe with the future expansion !

@Fire Attunement.9835 Thanks for this update!

Has limited placing player items been considered in this re-work? I think we've all seen our fair share of player-placeable merchants on loot boxes in this and other maps over the years. Ironically when I try to place a legitimate waystation while invading, I get the error message that too many are placed nearby - when I literally see none.

Ideally limiting the troll-ability of player-placeable items on/near intractable items (like chests or NPC vendors) would be incredibly powerful. This really would not solve the mesmer portals, but maybe having a scroll-able list of items to Interact with would (once a player is in range of N items)?

Thanks again!

What about the combined meta length? This has turned into another Dragon's Stand where you can't get onto a map that anyone is doing the meta.

I'd like to see the north meta set to start every two hours from the Forward Camp Waypoint rather than the bridge. If the southern meta hasn't completed by 5 minutes before the start of the north meta, fail south to reset so players can focus on the north meta. The dialog could say they need to fall back then rally at the Forward Camp. Put a permanent mesmer style portal open between Base Camp and Forward Camp. This would be more like how Auric Basin events and meta operate. It would enable more players to hit the north meta.

Remaining major concerns I personally have with the map:

LOOT

1. "Multi-loot" Putting all chests in one area is a step in the right direction but unless multi-looting the Claw of Jormag end chest is fixed I think it will be detrimental to the map's longevity in the long run. I think the easiest fix is to have the end chest accountwide, since the frost legion chests and supply caches still require keys.
  2. Is there any reason the Frost Legion chests can't be put in at every step of the north meta instead of crammed in at the end? I think it would be beneficial if the Frost Legion chests were increased in number at the gates where people would be spending time anyway. In addition, the time it takes to open chests could be reduced when out of combat ; crystallized shards of jormag could be used in lieu of frost legion chests due to lower time to loot them. Enemy supply caches are rather plentiful in the south meta, so the incentive has to be there to participate in the entirety of the north meta. current rewards for the storm the citadel portion (up until the boss fight) are typically very meager : something akin to 15 commendations if I remember correctly. The champions before Claw of Jormag seem to drop Gilded Coffers or some other generic boxes as well , so everything before that should be reevaluated in my opinion. because it is on a timer, the issues with people farming trash mobs as in the Thunderhead Keep meta when it was new are greatly diminished.
  3. Tribune Chests : right now the only other source of memories of otter (without salvaging charge stormcaller weapons) is Tribune chests which is fine because the chests last a bit of time afterward and aren't prone to multi-loot tactics. I would seriously consider moving some of the frost legion chests at the end to this section.
  4. It takes too long if you do both metas (roughly two hours even by hardcore speedclear PvE farming people), but I've been able to drop into maps that have the south portion nearly finished or on cache keeper looting. Because the south meta is so lucrative , I think it would probably be beneficial to make cache keepers also attacked after a zone is captured so that someone that did nothing and just loaded into a finished south meta does not receive all the loot. It would also work thematically since you conquered that zone.Quality of Life problems
  5. Picking up a cannon part is near impossible at the claw of jormag stage. I've gotten it a few times by spamming "F" and I'm up to 10 metas done.
  6. Getting a mine defusing mission done in the north meta / pre-meta prior to Tribunes spawn is extremely tedious due to the amount of mines that exist. The scaling should be looked at.
  7. The amount of time spent destroying portals or random Dominion spawn points is excessive. I would much rather that sort of health be given to the Guardian Elemental that appears before the assault on the gate (it melts in every group I've been a part of) or the mine defusing missions (Sentinel Bay / Canopy Crag). The north meta could easily be trimmed to a more reasonable half hour to 45 minutes this way.
  8. If you enter the zone and haven't just done the north meta, it should put you on a map that has some progress (say 2 camps capped). It's disheartening to players that don't use LFG when they have to start from scratch.
  9. There's really no reason that the south meta shouldn't be completely separate from north meta in some fashion for people that would rather skip the south meta. For example, if someone had Cold War strike done for the day / week (where you are basically pushing to the bridge) maybe it could have a map priority to go to North meta. The functionality could be linked to the Cold War portal in Drizzlewood coast.
  10. Alternatively, every 2 hours , the map automatically has "air strikes" from the legions across the entire zone to the bridge where north meta begins. Because everything is razed so to speak (can't have lore people disappointed), there are no enemy supply caches to loot or boss fight. Just the north meta and tribune "pre-meta" is easily 40 minutes already.** economically speaking, the enemy supply caches could be reduced in the north meta initiated through this method to make it mainly for crystallized shards of jormag. The amount of enemy supply caches is already lower than that of the south meta though, so ultimately that is not a priority.
  11. Optimization issues related to culling / player model limits (flashy effects should be turned off if not onscreen) could be looked at a bit? It seems a great number of players complain about the north meta's performance.

TIME BREAKDOWN

The play by play of the timed section for people that haven't done the north meta that many times (after tribunes are defeated and the legion is hitting main gate):

! 1. Destroy the front gate (use siege)! 2. Push through the front line : Phalanx (CC via EMP 2.0) , Phalanx (CC via EMP 2.0) + snipers , trash mobs in middle of room ---> frost legion chest + enemy supply cache (to the right of gate)! 3. Destroy the Ruinbringer : use the charrs to take out the shields and then just DPS it --> frost legion chest + enemy supply cache (near ramp)! 4. Destroy the machines: DPS the Blood collectors , then kill Icebrood Construct mini-boss! 5. Put an end to the Conversion Process: destroy the mobs guarding the Frost Legion machine --> frost legion chest + enemy supply cache (near exit for the escape route)! 6. Help your allies escape: Phalanx block the exit (CC via EMP 2.0) or use the speedclear shortcut of jumping on the left side pipe , destroy the gate! 7. Defeat the Claw of Jormag : North/South/Central scrap cannon need cannon parts ; people not doing this can destroy the dominion portals! 7A. 3 mini-bosses: Resilient Centurion Crusher, Valorous Centurion Bladestorm, VIgilant Centurion Shaman! 7B. (Boss Phase) Use rock formations to block the gusts of wind that push people back and avoid the cone attacks , EMP 2.0 to breakbar which is similar to Mordremoth's fight (break CC bar / defiance bar so instead of hitting foot you can hit head)TOTAL TIME ~ 20 minutes to get to the end chest with memories of otter

PRE-META/Tribunes (before the citadel timer pops):

! Dominion's Breach: Iron tribune (right after bridge) , memories of otter chest after it dies! Canopy Crag : Aberrant Portals , artillery (West/East Central cannon), Svanir Portals , Corrupted Shard? --> Flame Tribune (memories of otter chest)! Sentinel Bay : Fallen Portals, Heavy artillery (use EMP / mines), defuse mines --> Ash Tribune (memories of otter chest)! Archstone Coast: Heavy Artillery (use EMP/mines) , Fallen Portals, rescue POWs (kill gatekeepers + warden mini-boss) --> Blood Tribune (memories of otter chest)! * Frostvein Watch : Dominion camps (use Explosives), Corrupted Shard, Intercept Dolyak --> Dominion Frost Tribune (memories of otter chest)Assault on Frost Citadel timer pops (2 minutes)TOTAL TIME for subsection ~ 20 minutes from Iron legion Tribune to end of Frost Tribune.

@Shikaru.7618 said:A stack of mystic coins says anet forgets they also littered jormag blood around the map and we still have to frantically run around looting that because they didnt put them next to the chestsUnless multi-loot is addressed thoroughly I would be hesitant to say anything about that...

@Shikaru.7618 said:A stack of mystic coins says anet forgets they also littered jormag blood around the map and we still have to frantically run around looting that because they didnt put them next to the chests

Very much this. It's a great update, putting all the chests in one place (provided there are as many chests as there are currently, because the screenshot shows fewer chests). But if the shards of crystallized blood of Jormag are still all around the map (and without map icons as well, so you can't go straight for them; you'll have to actively search for them) people will still have to do what they do now.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Shikaru.7618 said:A stack of mystic coins says anet forgets they also littered jormag blood around the map and we still have to frantically run around looting that because they didnt put them next to the chests

Very much this. It's a great update, putting all the chests in one place (provided there are as many chests as there are currently, because the screenshot shows fewer chests). But if the shards of crystallized blood of Jormag are still all around the map (and without map icons as well, so you can't go straight for them; you'll have to actively search for them) people will still have to do what they do now.

The frost legion chests have 2-4 maybe they can increase and have them drop 3-6 and eliminate that because I'm not running around for 10s items littered across the map.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@"DirtyDan.4759" said:Instead of making the player open 22 mini chests back to back, why not just make one chest and make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22?

I don't understand what you mean by "make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22".However each mini chest costs one key to open, thus using a single key to open one big chest would be too convenient for us.

They mean 1 big chest that give scaled rewards depending on if you have 1 or up to 23 keys so same as now just 1 click.Unsure if anet can even do that to be fair.

Really great to hear about this update. It's definitely a step in the right direction. I'd still like to see some thought put into how the overall length of the combined meta could be shortened a bit. I feel like every time I zone into Drizzlewood these days it is always a map with nothing captured. If I can find a group in LFG that's farther along, great, I'll join it (if it isn't full.) But if I can't find a more progressed map in LFG, I'll typically leave Drizzlewood and go do something else.

Please split the metas.

The first (south) meta should be player-driven just like it is now (like Silverwastes, etc.), and slowed back down, possibly even pulled back to a slower speed than it was before since it was still pretty hectic and rarely left time to do individual events.

The second (north) meta should be on a timer, like Auric Basin, every 2 hours, and should start at the Forward Camp, west of Wolf's Crossing. The south meta, once completed, should stay completed until the north meta fires, and would provide two assaults both from the south and west, otherwise just one assault from the west if the south meta hasn't been completed.

Something like "Control Wolf's Crossing to launch a unified assault on Frost Citadel in (time until north meta starts)." This provides both pressure and incentive to complete south meta while still giving a few hours for players to do it semi-casually.

Completing south meta before the time is up would allow plenty of time to loot hidden caches, as a reward.

@Cynder.2509 said:Does that mean multiloot will get nerfed too? Good thing I got the otter infusion right in time then as long as it was still availableThat is a good question. It is pretty obvious multilooting was intentional on this map as you could only bring new characters in if one of your characters had been there at the end of the meta and the chest is only available for 5 minutes. But if ALL the lesser chests will be in the same area that does mean and significant amount of loot available beyond just the otters for each character. Maybe they could make it so that all the chest except the main one can only be opened once per meta?

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Please split the metas.

The first (south) meta should be player-driven just like it is now (like Silverwastes, etc.), and slowed back down, possibly even pulled back to a slower speed than it was before since it was still pretty hectic and rarely left time to do individual events.

The second (north) meta should be on a timer, like Auric Basin, every 2 hours, and should start at the Forward Camp, west of Wolf's Crossing. The south meta, once completed, should stay completed until the north meta fires, and would provide two assaults both from the south and west, otherwise just one assault from the west if the south meta hasn't been completed.

Something like "Control Wolf's Crossing to launch a unified assault on Frost Citadel in (time until north meta starts)." This provides both pressure and incentive to complete south meta while still giving a few hours for players to do it semi-casually.

Completing south meta before the time is up would allow plenty of time to loot hidden caches, as a reward.

That's basically what I suggested above and on another post a couple of days ago. I think it's the easiest way to fix it. South either succeeds or fails 5 mins before north starts, everyone falls back to base camp then takes a portal to forward camp to start north meta from there. The hardest part would redoing the pathway from forward camp. South could succeed once or twice in the two hours between north meta depending on how many people are there.

I'd like to echo everyone saying that this change is an overall positive change for the meta. That being said, I still think it needs a bit more work to help make some of the encounters more engaging and incentivize zergs to split up a bit more to finish the northern part faster. Some additional changes to the events that I've thought of could include all/some of the following:

• Consider moving the 4 caches that spawn after all tribunes except the Iron Legion one to the Iron Lookout where the assault starts. This way groups would be more encouraged to split up to capture the territories simultaneously without feeling that they're losing out on loot. This might require extending the timer before the assault starts by a minute or two.
  • Make the guardian elemental relevant. I've done the meta at least 6 times and it's been deleted within seconds every time. Idk if this would mean making it do more damage or giving it more health, but it's a non-factor right now.
  • Make the 3 champs in the final assault need to be defeated simultaneously. That way it'll require more coordination and stop it from feeling like the entire zerg is just beating one and moving on to the next. To compensate, reset the timer on the final fight to at least 15 min once the event succeeds.
  • Make the Claw break out of the ice at 10% health. Also consider increasing the strength of the winds it summons by 30-50% and/or making them last longer because I've never really seen a zerg actually forced to interact with the boulders or feel like large groups of people were ever in danger of falling off the cliff.

As for the southern half, I honestly think most problems with timing would be solved if they reduced the intervals between supply drops to 8 min and adjusted the progress bar accordingly so that the amount of supply drops would remain the same.

@DirtyDan.4759 said:Instead of making the player open 22 mini chests back to back, why not just make one chest and make the rewards scale based on how many keys have been used up to 22?

Why not make like we have for Gathering tools: Enhanced Gathering Tools Reapers where you collect all in range.

@Fire Attunement.9835Suggestion: Make it possible to convert 10 keys at a time into a Key of the Reapers (type); open all chest after Claw of Jormag have been defeated. That way one can open multiple chests faster as we do with nodes nowadays.

Please, make also those Shards stay above ground and not into that Ice flood which kills as you take damage, can't use mount as you are in combat from damage and there is no way to get up to avoid getting put into combat. With 16K HP it is fast death even with some investment into Vitality on DH.

Can the champ train of the south meta be moved after the Jormag fight, it kinda breaks the flow of the map.Also can the wait 5 minutes Events be removed or made so the players have more interaction and are able to speed up the completion by doing stuff instead of having to wait for arbitrary timers to fill.

Great change incoming!

Can you also perhaps look into shaving 15 minutes off the meta by the following:

• If you participated in the south meta, your participation will be remembered and you will get the 36 Dominion Cache Keeper chests (9 x 4, is it?) also at the end. That way, when the final battle at Wolf's Crossing concludes, the meta can resume after 30 seconds to continue pushing north... now there's an artificial 15 minute break while some people go for the cache keepers, but more and more people just hang around on the central bridge at Wolf's Crossing waiting for the North meta.
  • Also, slightly speed up the part where the 3 cannons are shooting the Citadel gate... it's tedious and goes on a bit too long just running between spawning portals that are easily killed anyway.
  • Also... the Ruinbringer... is it working as it should? It's a dumb tank rolling around doing nothing while we have to spend ages killing the two shield generators. Surely there's a lot you can do to make this part of the fight more exciting. Defeat 2 shield generators, then slap the actual tank silly... it's like a sad tank rolling around getting beat up by a huge zerg. The Veteran Shaman mob in the area seems more threatening even...

Easily a possible 20-25 minutes shaved off with these changes.

Rarely take part in the Ruinbringer part, I tend to sit on the sidelines and wait for it to end.Not only is it geared towards those with ranged attacks anyway, everyone is so crammed into the room that I can't make heads or tails or what's going on anyway - trying to look up to mark a target for your grenade or whatever else you can use from a waystation is seriously hindered by the sheer amount of effects swarming the whole the area.Could definitely do with some work.