WvW in PvE maps.

TheBravery.9615

@"TheBravery.9615" said:There hasn't been any new meaningful WvW update for years, yet PvE continues to roll out updates and maps every quarter. Have you ever wondered, "man, it'd be cool to fight against other players on these maps".

Just do it.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/109324/we-need-a-time-of-the-month-where-we-can-raid-pve-players-in-a-pve-rich-environment

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:They update the portions of the game that get the population. That is business.

It's bad business to neglect a part of your business.

With limited resources, you have to play the percentages. My YouTube channel has less than 2% of viewers that use closed captioning - so I let YT auto generate them, instead taking the time to write them correctly myself. It would not be a wise investment of my time.

No thank you. I enjoy GW2 for many reasons. One of them is the lack of PvP or WvW in open world PvE. There are plenty of other games out there that have this type of thing.
Now, should ANet push more resources toward the existing PvP and/or WvW modes? Probably, however they have their internal metrics and know where the majority of the player base goes. It would seem to me that PvE is much more heavily populated, thus the reason for lack of significant updates that the OP mentioned.

@"TheBravery.9615" said:There hasn't been any new meaningful WvW update for years, yet PvE continues to roll out updates and maps every quarter. Have you ever wondered, "man, it'd be cool to fight against other players on these maps".

Just do it.

Sure just do it just like they'll just do the alliance system or remove the warclaw or remove downstate. You'd have better luck staging a protest right outside their HQ than posting a demand over a game mode that you feel they're obviously not updating.

MMO's that allow PvP in open world PvE areas usually end up creating toxic communities where people who dislike or straight up hate PvP end up getting harassed and farmed by PvP players while they are trying to complete story or quests etc.

Gw2 had something similar a long time ago in Obsidian Sanctum.. anyone remember that S-show?WvW players used to farm the hell out of people trying to get that Jumping Puzzle done..People abused it for farming so bad that Anet removed the map from WvW and made it into it's own zone instead to stop people doing it.

Allowing PvP on PvE maps would create the exact same problem, you'd have organized groups going around and just lynching every player they can find.. not to mention the amount of lag they would spam every map with.. making the game pretty much unplayable for everyone.

I'm on board with any push for a dueling system in PvE, I think that would be a great thing to have and it would be a lot of fun for participants and spectators alike.But few would ever back open world PvP in PvE zones for many many good reasons.