Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track - [Merged]

The new (modified?) Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track seems to be either broken or a mistake. See the discussion here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110985/northern-drizzlewood-cache-do-not-do-this-track

One indication that there might be an issue is usually the steps within the track are marked by thematic chests. But this new track has Djinn Caches. Djinns have nothing to do with Drizzlewood. In fact, this reward track looks to be a direct copy of the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Was this as intended or is this a bug/bad programming/mis-click?

I know this is impacting something that doesn't affect PVE (I won't name the game mode again in the fear that Anet will simply ignore this altogether) but this seems like a really easy fix that could be done with a few button clicks. In fact, copy the unique track, remove what you don't want anyone to have anymore from a reward track, and voila! Done.

Come on. Show this-game-mode-that-must-not-be-named some actual consideration.

@Solanum.6983 said:Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet, I can't imagine it's hard to put different items into a track.Have they even acknowledged that this is just a copy of an existing reward track?

Nope. They have acknowledged squat. It only affects WvW, and I don't believe they could care any less than they already do about that mode. Like you wrote, it should be an easy fix.

@misterman.1530 said:Well...when I saw the release downloading, I jumped to the release notes and lo and behold!Ta Da! Nothing about this at all. I guess this is a huge fix requiring several days of development work, qc, uat, beta testing, stream online, before it all can be released.

uh, it may be even worse than that. i had left the track unfinished in the hopes that the final reward would get fixed, and unless i'm going blind, its just not there anymore....

info fromhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111882/game-update-notes-august-11-2020#latest1)Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.2Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.)so probably this track have future

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The repeatable Drizzlewood Reward Track doesn't show up for me. I have only the non-repeatable track showing (that I've finished).Sigh.

same here, only see the non-repeatable, not the new one that I had not finished. hopefully its just still flagged as hidden and it will be an easy fix

@omica.6548 said:just chatted with several guildies and the Drizzlewood Reward Track in NOT repeatable. Is this a bug?

the original track was not repeatable, the new one that no longer shows up was repeatable, but at this point, who knows what its all supposed to be?

There are TWO Drizzlewood Coast reward tracks. The first one was introduced back when No Quarter came out, and is non-repeatable. Then, when Jormag Rising was released, WvW (but strangely, not PvP) got a second Drizzlewood Coast reward track, and this is the one that was repeatable, but had loot that had nothing at all to do with DWC. Since the latest patch, this second DWC reward track has vanished for me and is not showing up at all.

Same here. I had finished the non-repeatable Drizzlewood Coast track. I had done a few tiers of the repeatable version before I heeded the warnings and stopped until the track was fixed it. Now following the 'fix' it has disappeared.

It reminds me of a patch many years ago in the original Everquest. They patched the game. Everyone was crashing. They eventually worked out that the problem was that the developers machine had specific files only found on the developer machines, which they hadn't pushed out to end users. Just goes to show that sometimes you need a machine set up just as a normal user, let it patch and then see if your fix worked on it or not. You would think this would be standard practice from a QC point of view?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

That would have been nice, if the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track would not have been removed from the game.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.

That would have been nice, if the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track would not have been removed from the game.

I am quite sure the patch notes referred to the repeatable Icebrood Saga Reward Track and not the Drizzlewood Track.Like other players I completed the bugged track and got no track specific rewards. Contacted support to ask for at least an Icebrood Saga Material container (same container rewarded in the final chest of the repeatable Icebrood reward track that now indeed allows to choose Memories of Otter or Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag) but got a flat "NO" from support. Well they also said they were very sorry and to provide feedback in the official forums. As I told the support team "It is pretty obvious Anet communication with the player base is terrible, it is appalling to see communication among the different teams is also very bad".