Make A Raid Matchmaking System For Solo Players

@yann.1946 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:they insist on my meta perfect party only.

all that you keep describing are about the perfect party, to speed run and no fails.

the matchmaking is to find a base party for the average players, noone is forcing you to use it, you can always do your dream party with your premade, noone cares if the the raid could fail, at least they tried and played it, someone using a random group already know that they could fail.

strike matchmaking don't even specific roles in first place, you get a totally random party when healers are needed for random players, forcing players using lfg to find specific roles.

kicking option should be a vote kick with 9 players accepting it, so the fake semi god guys can kitten off.

players will eventually learn how to raid after they tried and the fail rates will be lower since they can talk to each other u know?

also they will be willing to learn how to play since they know they can find a raid with one click than waiting for years with toxic players on the lfg.

it's better trying and failing than never even enter a raid in their game life, because of the toxic players premade raids, show proof, dps meters, all that show how current raiders are toxic and because of that raid content is dead, because noone want to join and play with those guys, there's nothing to do with raid being harder.

if you put a lfg first thing you need to be a commander, then you need to wait 1 week there just to find one full raid, also they players will not join because they will think toxity incoming, probably want perfect party or kicked, gl with that.

the proof that raids lfg don't work is, they force you to go to a discord and join a guild with toxic players, follow their rules, meta only, just to enter in a raid, even with that you will have to wait days just to play.

The question i'm having with you're proposal is, whats the difference between this matchmaking system and just putting on lfg with welcome for all on it?or asking specific roles?

when you enter in a lfg, you have to follow all the rules of the leader, most of the leaders are toxic and players already know that, the leader can kick you for nothing in the middle of a raid, with all those rules you will have to wait hours just to play, turning off players from even trying to join.then the leader will manual search for every role, players don't even know if that role is already inside, they have to enter, ask, then leave wasting their time, now imagine doing that every time.

a matchmaking is faster, easier to find a party, you don't have a leader annoying you, players will be willing to play to finish it, 1-10min and you are already inside with a base party made, you can play it any time of the day because a matchmaking find way more players than a simple lfg.

on NA people don't even look at the lfg anymore, simple because all they see are raid sellers lmao

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

all that you keep describing are about the perfect party, to speed run and no fails.

the matchmaking is to find a base party for the average players, noone is forcing you to use it, you can always do your dream party with your premade, noone cares if the the raid could fail, at least they tried and played it, someone using a random group already know that they could fail.

strike matchmaking don't even specific roles in first place, you get a totally random party when healers are needed for random players, forcing players using lfg to find specific roles.

kicking option should be a vote kick with 9 players accepting it, so the fake semi god guys can kitten off.

players will eventually learn how to raid after they tried and the fail rates will be lower since they can talk to each other u know?

also they will be willing to learn how to play since they know they can find a raid with one click than waiting for years with toxic players on the lfg.

it's better trying and failing than never even enter a raid in their game life, because of the toxic players premade raids, show proof, dps meters, all that show how current raiders are toxic and because of that raid content is dead, because noone want to join and play with those guys, there's nothing to do with raid being harder.

if you put a lfg first thing you need to be a commander, then you need to wait 1 week there just to find one full raid, also they players will not join because they will think toxity incoming, probably want perfect party or kicked, gl with that.

the proof that raids lfg don't work is, they force you to go to a discord and join a guild with toxic players, follow their rules, meta only, just to enter in a raid, even with that you will have to wait days just to play.

The question i'm having with you're proposal is, whats the difference between this matchmaking system and just putting on lfg with welcome for all on it?or asking specific roles?

when you enter in a lfg, you have to follow all the rules of the leader, most of the leaders are toxic and players already know that, the leader can kick you for nothing in the middle of a raid, with all those rules you will have to wait hours just to play, turning off players from even trying to join.then the leader will manual search for every role, players don't even know if that role is already inside, they have to enter, ask, then leave wasting their time, now imagine doing that every time.

a matchmaking is faster, easier to find a party, you don't have a leader annoying you, players will be willing to play to finish it, 1-10min and you are already inside with a base party made, you can play it any time of the day because a matchmaking find way more players than a simple lfg.

Let's skip the nonsense about most leaders being toxic for a moment, since I don't see how you in any way have shown this to be true, nor would I call into question that thousands upon thousands of players would voluntarily subjugate themselves to this kind of behavior continously. I'd rather just say you are making assumptions which are unfounded, but fine, let's for a moment say this actually is the issue.

What exactly is preventing YOU from making an all welcome LFG, without being the toxic person in charge? What prevents other players who are not toxic to make a LFG where they are not in charge? Unless you want to make the claim that almost every single player becomes toxic the moment they make a group.

If your main issue for entering raids is problems with the commander, and this issue is a persisting one which recurs for you, the common denominator is you.

Also this again does not explain why the autogrouping for strikes is not seeing use. If any of your claims had any merit, most casual players should be flooding the auto grouping option versus using the LFG. Yet here, the exact opposite is true. Which strongly calls into question your assumption to this situation.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Let's skip the nonsense about most leaders being toxic for a moment, since I don't see how you in any way have shown this to be true, nor would I call into question that thousands upon thousands of players would voluntarily subjugate themselves to this kind of behavior continously. I'd rather just say you are making assumptions which are unfounded, but fine, let's for a moment say this actually is the issue.

What exactly prevent YOU from making an all welcome LFG, without being the toxic person in charge? What prevents other players who are not toxic to make a LFG where they are no in charge? Unless you want to make the claim that almost every single player becomes toxic the moment they make a group.

If you main issue for entering raids is problems with the commander, and this issue is a persisting one which recurs for you, the common denominator is you.

me and all the player base? because NOONE LOOK AT LFG, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO SEE, current raiders are fucking toxic, dps meters, kp,li, gods only, selling raid implying that he going to carry everyone else, blabla.

no one even click on raid lfg to see, THERE's a reason that raids are dead.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

when you enter in a lfg, you have to follow all the rules of the leader, most of the leaders are toxic and players already know that, the leader can kick you for nothing in the middle of a raid, with all those rules you will have to wait hours just to play, turning off players from even trying to join.I don't agree with this. This is a very sweeping statement that essentially removes any and all blame for the person joining. It is no secret that this is in any way always the case.

then the leader will manual search for every role, players don't even know if that role is already inside, they have to enter, ask, then leave wasting their time, now imagine doing that every time.

I mean...I don't agree with this either..I would say a majority of the time the roles that are being looked for are in the group description. Don't feel this is a real point

a matchmaking is faster, easier to find a party, you don't have a leader annoying you,
players will be willing to play to finish it
, 1-10min and you are already inside with a base party made, you can play it any time of the day because a matchmaking find way more players than a simple lfg.

This is super presumptuous . Especially the part in bold.

Do you ever wonder why people are so desperate to get into groups that are more organised or have a higher skill level? Because their possibility of completing the content goes up. As does the time they save by not having to repeat it, wipe after wipe. Also based on your suggestion I cant say it would be faster to fill up since you're likely going to end up waiting for role X/Y/Z.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@"Yellow Rainbow.6142" said:people saying this idea fails are not understanding 1 thing.It will give new people to taste new mechanics on their own time instead of scheduling and corresponding with 9 other people. Eventually, they will move on to joining group for better results.I have noticed ever since strike mission come out, there are quite many of new raiders popping out and people actually playing better on open world as well.But, raid being the way it is, they are getting turned off.matchmaking is definitely good idea to learn on your own pace.

And you people don't seem to understand that you can already do this. Go to lfg, open the raid tab, edit squad description, type in "w1 all welcome". The same people who would queue for raids are the same people who would join an all welcome group. If no one joins your group, a magical queue isn't going to make them join.

yeah, you can do alot of things different way but official matchmaking makes it easier for people who hesitate. Why people are against this?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

What exactly prevent YOU from making an all welcome LFG, without being the toxic person in charge? What prevents other players who are not toxic to make a LFG where they are no in charge? Unless you want to make the claim that almost every single player becomes toxic the moment they make a group.

If you main issue for entering raids is problems with the commander, and this issue is a persisting one which recurs for you, the common denominator is you.

me and all the player base? because NOONE LOOK AT LFG, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO SEE, current raiders are kitten toxic, dps meters, kp,li, gods only, selling raid implying that he going to carry everyone else, blabla.

no one even click on raid lfg to see, THERE's a reason that raids are dead.

OK, so you're argument is the their's such a big bias against raidcommanders that a big percentage of players who would like raids don't even try?I don't really see how a matchmaking system would solve this though,these people would still think raiders are toxic and probably would still not try it.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

when you enter in a lfg, you have to follow all the rules of the leader, most of the leaders are toxic and players already know that, the leader can kick you for nothing in the middle of a raid, with all those rules you will have to wait hours just to play, turning off players from even trying to join.I don't agree with this. This is a very sweeping statement that essentially removes any and all blame for the person joining. It is no secret that this is in any way always the case.

then the leader will manual search for every role, players don't even know if that role is already inside, they have to enter, ask, then leave wasting their time, now imagine doing that every time.

I mean...I don't agree with this either..I would say a majority of the time the roles that are being looked for are in the group description. Don't feel this is a real point

a matchmaking is faster, easier to find a party, you don't have a leader annoying you,
, 1-10min and you are already inside with a base party made, you can play it any time of the day because a matchmaking find way more players than a simple lfg.

Do you ever wonder why people are so desperate to get into groups that are more organised or have a higher skill level? Because their possibility of completing the content goes up. As does the time they save by not having to repeat it, wipe after wipe. Also based on your suggestion I cant say it would be faster to fill up since you're likely going to end up waiting for role X/Y/Z.

matchmaking was invented to make finding party easier

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

"its supposed to be easier and better, therefor it will be easier and better" isn't really a great argument , especially when you apply all the context needed to it. There has been a lot given in this thread but it gets ignored.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

me and all the player base? because NOONE LOOK AT LFG, BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO SEE, current raiders are kitten toxic, dps meters, kp,li, gods only, selling raid implying that he going to carry everyone else, blabla.

Yes, all of them are just like that. Every. Single. One.

The fact you are not seeing how toxic, presumptions, judgemental and misinformed you are, being in fact part of the problem (something people on the forums love to call toxic casual) is the irony in all this. Thank you for making this so clear.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:no one even click on raid lfg to see, THERE's a reason that raids are dead.

Raids seeing no continued development has many different reasons. Most of which have nothing to do with what you claim.

Also, you still have not explained why players, pretty much ALL players, prefer to use the LFG over auto grouping for strikes. That in-game development alone should make you question your own assumptions, IF you actually were interested in problem solving and solution finding.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

"its supposed to be easier and better, therefor it will be easier and better" isn't really a great argument , especially when you apply all the context needed to it. There has been a lot given in this thread but it gets ignored.

the alot of given on this thread is all about my meta, my perfect party, nothing to do with a matchmaking and let other players playing it, so it should be ignored like u going to be from now on.

like in pvp, when people go afk after the first 3 min because they think they are loosing?do yourself a favor and google "wow lfr toxic". looks like your beloved system breeds what you do not want, toxcitiy.

most of the leaders are toxici am raiding on EU since HoT came out and its the minority. we have a healthy pug raid scene on eu (between 10 - 30 pug lfgs for different stuff the whole week long depending on the time) and you can do a fullclear without much troubles the whole week over if you bother to search. i don't know why you fail so hard at this in NA. probably because of this mindset that everyone who doesn't agree with you or wants other things is toxic.

maybe you should start to change things arround on your server and not expect developers to fix your behaviour.

@"skarpak.8594" said:

like in pvp, when people go afk after the first 3 min because they think they are loosing?do yourself a favor and google "wow lfr toxic". looks like your beloved system breeds what you do not want, toxcitiy.

most of the leaders are toxici am raiding on EU since HoT came out and its the minority. we have a healthy pug raid scene on eu and you can do a fullclear without much troubles the whole week over if you bother to search. i don't know why you fail so hard at this in NA. probably because of this mindset that everyone who doesn't agree with you or wants other things is toxic.

maybe you should start to change things arround on your server and not expect developers to fix your behaviour.

sure go at NA make a lfg and tell me how many hours you waited to finish a full raid, if you ever go past 2/10.

yeah because no one complain that they can't find a raid.

because a 3party guild was made just to find a raid, that's how the lfg works very well.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

the alot of given on this thread is all about my meta, my perfect party, nothing to do with a matchmaking and let other players playing it, so it should be ignored like u going to be from now on.

I get it. "Its my idea and my idea has to be good. There is no way it could be a bad idea..because its mine!! self affirming pat on the back".The forums aren't an echo chamber of people to agree with anything you come up with. People can, and rightly have, picked an overwhelming amount of holes in your idea.

Besides that this idea is in no way original.

You can ignore valid criticism and scepticism all you want but none of this will change the actual issues with the idea.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

when you enter in a lfg, you have to follow all the rules of the leader, most of the leaders are toxic and players already know that,

And they'll be even more toxic in matchmaker due to higher failure rates.the leader can kick you for nothing in the middle of a raid,...Ahem. You can't kick while in combat in raids. ...with all those rules you will have to wait hours just to play, turning off players from even trying to join.Part of the problem is simply that most people choose to first gear up a dps and few peoples play a healer. Anyone who's ever done any endgame stuff in any MMO knows that. Thus naturally it takes time to find a healer even if you don't look any specific one.then the leader will manual search for every role, players don't even know if that role is already inside, they have to enter, ask, then leave wasting their time, now imagine doing that every time.There's a reason why any good comm writes " ping role". (Kitty doesn't ask to also ping KP or LI simply 'cause even high amounts of those don't mean much. If you play dps, you can get carried through a boss 50 times.)a matchmaking is faster, easier to find a party, you don't have a leader annoying you, players will be willing to play to finish it, 1-10min and you are already inside with a base party made, you can play it any time of the day because a matchmaking find way more players than a simple lfg.1-10min to enter, undefined amount of time banging the head to boss unless you somehow get at least 8 random peoples with remote clue about how the boss works. Though even then, Kitty finds your estimations quite optimistic. Since we already have public strikes, Kitty entered and waited for 30 minutes. During that time, a total of 3 players joined and left within a minute while waiting. And that's for Cold War daily strike which is a lot easier than raids on NA. Meanwhile there were some squads with/without comm on LFG for non-dailies and they were filling up quickly with their class-specific healer requirements.So, if it isn't used by players for the easy-mode raids called "strikes", why should they bother implementing such for the real thing?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:sure go at NA make a lfg and tell me how many hours you waited to finish a full raid, if you ever go past 2/10.yeah because no one complain that they can't find a raid.because a 3party guild was made just to find a raid, that's how the lfg works very well.

then change something. respect that others have certain expectations too and don't say they are toxic just because they do not meet up with yours.respect what a group is trying to achieve. respect that a group does better when there are certain boons covered and try to go along those guidelines.

its not about meta...nearly no one on EU plays anything related to the meta, they have certain builds yes, but the group comps are usually everything but meta.no one cares there with which power class you come if the leader asks for power dps.no one cares which condi build you play if they ask for condi.no one cares if you come in with a quickbrand or chrono as long as somehow the group covers the boons.no one cares if you stack might with druid or do it with elementalist or with warrior as long as someone is dedicated to it and the group fits.no one gives a rats ass about anything meta related. i have never even once saw a meta group at xera consisting of the 7 dps chronos which also give quickess and do the boss onspot. they all run whatever and do the usual pug strats.

we have a fair share of experienced groups, trainings and a few sellers on the lfg and they all work without problem. toxic people are faster kicked out of the group then they can even write because no one likes people talking shit in chat. even if the shit is right they say, if you are not being friendly about it, you are out.

group content is not about being egoistic. group content is about going along well with the group, even if you do not like certain aspects. just swallow your goddamn pride, swallow that you are not the only being on the earth which has something to say. swallow that you think dps meters and whatnot are toxic and just go along. you don't have to be close friends with people, but at least treat them with respect.

...and thats apparently a big problem you guys over at NA have. and it starts with you and how you behave here in this thread, labeling everything that doesn't fit into your world as toxic. YOU are the toxic one.YOU are the one which does not learn from the experience of others. YOU are still the one which thinks lfr is a good idea while we all can see what happens in WOW, in pvp and in strikes, what happens when you queue random. YOU are the one which does not want to socialize by simply joining some raid training discord and listen to what they are talking about as long as you are completly new.

if you want to have change, then fucking start with yourself and do not think that developers from anet can fix your behaviour. its not their job and lfr won't fix that either.all the problems you have right now will simply carry over into lfr, because its people like you which have those problems with others...and LFR just groups your bunch together and while we have no problems to contine raiding, you will afterwards be again on these froums and complain about shit you shouldn't complain about.

that whole thing is only YOUR reality. the rest is either raiding fine or simply doesn't care about raids at all.

@gdubze.6015 said:Honestly the real issue are players like @"zombyturtle.5980" saying something is not possible unless you play this way, watch this then come back and tell me what you said actually has any relevance.

What percentage of the currently existing gw2 playerbase is going to get excited at the prospect of getting to spend 4 hours trying to kill Vale Guardian? I am aware of the fact that there are people who would adore an automatic matchmaking system in gw2, but I simply do not see that particular target group as anything larger than the niche of a niche. At that point, who is going to make the argument that the developers should allocate work hours to bring this system into the game?

I had a longer post of this but so many of these conversations boil down to something like...

player: I don't know how I am going to get in. Help please?raid community: Sure, we'll help. How about trying these? (Genuinely trying to be helpful )player: Don't want to/ shouldn't have to. The content or you players should change so I can play.raid community: ok well..how ab...player: YOU'RE ALL TOXIC!!

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

I get it. "Its my idea and my idea has to be good. There is no way it could be a bad idea..because its mine!!
self affirming pat on the back
".The forums aren't an echo chamber of people to agree with anything you come up with. People can, and rightly have, picked an overwhelming amount of holes in your idea.

You can ignore valid criticism and scepticism all you want but none of this will change the actual issues with the idea.

Its not my idea. I am just agreeing with someone's else idea. On other hand, forum is perfect place for people like you to show true color which is nothing but negative because you will find your match in real life. Is that what you are saying?Either way, I don't care much. Good luck and have fun. Its waste of time to post on these forum. Everything you post get shut down here by same group of people over and over.Bye.

@Katary.7096 said:

@gdubze.6015 said:Honestly the real issue are players like @"zombyturtle.5980" saying something is not possible unless you play this way, watch this then come back and tell me what you said actually has any relevance.

What percentage of the currently existing gw2 playerbase is going to get excited at the prospect of getting to spend 4 hours trying to kill Vale Guardian? I am aware of the fact that there are people who would adore an automatic matchmaking system in gw2, but I simply do not see that particular target group as anything larger than the niche of a niche. At that point, who is going to make the argument that the developers should allocate work hours to bring this system into the game?

he is showing that you don't need the perfect party to finish something, a mm will not make a perfect party, it's about making a base party, will take longer to finish a raid than a perfect premade, for sure, but at least players will have the chance to play it.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

I get it. "Its my idea and my idea has to be good. There is no way it could be a bad idea..because its mine!!
self affirming pat on the back
".The forums aren't an echo chamber of people to agree with anything you come up with. People can, and rightly have, picked an overwhelming amount of holes in your idea.

Its not my idea. I am just agreeing with someone's else idea. On other hand, forum is perfect place for people like you to show true color which is nothing but negative because you will find your match in real life. Is that what you are saying?Either way, I don't care much. Good luck and have fun. Its waste of time to post on these forum. Everything you post get shut down here by same group of people over and over.Bye.

People disagreeing for valid reasons is overly negative. Got it.

Its naive to think you can post an idea on a open forum, be it your own or not, and not expect criticism.

Especially when its valid and the reaction to it is to:

• Call it negative
  • Cal' it derailing
  • Call it toxic
  • Better ignore it

If you can't actively engage people on their point but rather stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and go "lalala if i ignore you your criticism will go away and doesn't count" then that is on you. The literal reaction to some peoples points and criticism has been essentially "well you are wrong because i say so...and because you don't agree with me you're toxic and wrong..so i wont talk to you anymore. "...

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:people saying this idea fails are not understanding 1 thing.It will give new people to taste new mechanics on their own time instead of scheduling and corresponding with 9 other people. Eventually, they will move on to joining group for better results.I have noticed ever since strike mission come out, there are quite many of new raiders popping out and people actually playing better on open world as well.But, raid being the way it is, they are getting turned off.matchmaking is definitely good idea to learn on your own pace.

And you people don't seem to understand that you can already do this. Go to lfg, open the raid tab, edit squad description, type in "w1 all welcome". The same people who would queue for raids are the same people who would join an all welcome group. If no one joins your group, a magical queue isn't going to make them join.

yeah, you can do alot of things different way but official matchmaking makes it easier for people who hesitate. Why people are against this?

Because we don't think it would make a meaningful difference to your situation. If you're sitting at 2/10 on lfg because no one is joining, a queue system that no one queues for isn't going to solve that. Sure the first few days people might give it a shot but much like public strikes people will eventually realize how bad it is and abandon it. If the system could magically appear out of thin air with 0 dev resources by all means have it, but it makes no sense to devote time to making something that has no longevity. If random players who don't want to play meta wanted to play with each other, they'd be doing so already.

One thing I think would help a lot of casuals like myself, would be if you could play the Raids with AI party members.I've never played a raid in GW2, I don't know if it's even possible, or it's to advanced with way to many variables to make AI competent, but even if they had to tune down the difficulty a lot and just teach the main mechanics, it would help a lot.It's a great way to learn without having to be a burden to a group.I think that pressure and anxiety about fucking up is what is keeping a lot of new people out of raids.When FFXIV introduced dungeons with AI party members it was such a big benefit for me as a new player to the game, to be able to learn the endgame mechanics at my own pace. I hate having to watch a youtube guide, I just don't learn well that way, even more so when you're new to a game and all the guide sounds like a foreign language because of a lot of game slang you don't know what means. Except when you finally learn the game and mechanics, then it's no problem.I even did someting I had never done before. I began playing Tank and Healer classes. Before I would always just play DPS so I wouldn't have to have such a big responsibility.But by playing solo I didn't have to worry about that.This mode wouldn't even have to reward anything, it should just be a learning tool. So it wouldn't take away any players from LFG.Again, probably to much work and in many eyes probably not worth the effort it would take to develop.But personally would really be a great feature imo, and it would also be awesome for fractals and strike missions.

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:it's too much to ask? everyone should enjoy raids / end game content.

not everyone want to join a guild or have 10 friends to raid.

also will kill the "raid sellers" on the lobby.kill the show proof players

random raids - MATCHMAKINGspecific raids - MATCHMAKING

if someone leaves just re-queue his slot to replace him

guild players don't need to use it.

only if they add an "kick-Vote" instead of an commander