Nerf condition damage...

ManOfKebab.7054

@ManOfKebab.7054 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:With such a compelling argument I don't see why not /s

wear a shield use all your defensive stance deal damage to your target with your condition spells u win the fight easy

then you get out of silver and face power holosmith that uses barrage combined with EE and corona burst to deal 15k+ aoe damage from stealth.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

wear a shield use all your defensive stance deal damage to your target with your condition spells u win the fight easy

then you get out of silver and face power holosmith that uses barrage combined with EE and corona burst to deal 15k+ aoe damage from stealth.

and then realise the majority of the meta builds are power

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

and then realise the majority of the meta builds are powerAnd then you realise you are talking nonsense since the meta builds are spread evenly between power and condi. And then you Reach plat and get that 4 condi bunkers 1 power roamer comps and have an aneurysm from the slow slog game that is about to ensue. The usual spread in teams is 2 2 1, 2 condi builds 2 power and a wild card build which is the slot for support but i have seen fuck all support in ranked the previous season. S tier Tempest, cool but it is like a unicorn and sometimes its is a donkey with a carrot on its head, on closer inspection.

@Vancho.8750 said:

and then realise the majority of the meta builds are powerAnd then you realise you are talking nonsense since the meta builds are spread evenly between power and condi. And then you Reach plat and get that 4 condi bunkers 1 power roamer comps and have an aneurysm from the slow slog game that is about to ensue. The usual spread in teams is 2 2 1, 2 condi builds 2 power and a wild card build which is the slot for support but i have seen kitten all support in ranked the previous season. S tier Tempest, cool but it is like a unicorn and sometimes its is a donkey with a carrot on its head, on closer inspection.

he said meta, not monkey builds like burn guard that people play.meta will be power holo, power reaper, power thief support tempest and probably 1 bunker like core guard,or ranger ( power ) or scrapper ( power ) or crev if its still a good build ( I dont know personally )most condi builds are good but instant damage will always, ALWAYS be better then dmg over time.Unless condis are SUPER broken, meta will always shift towards power builds sooner or later.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

and then realise the majority of the meta builds are powerAnd then you realise you are talking nonsense since the meta builds are spread evenly between power and condi. And then you Reach plat and get that 4 condi bunkers 1 power roamer comps and have an aneurysm from the slow slog game that is about to ensue. The usual spread in teams is 2 2 1, 2 condi builds 2 power and a wild card build which is the slot for support but i have seen kitten all support in ranked the previous season. S tier Tempest, cool but it is like a unicorn and sometimes its is a donkey with a carrot on its head, on closer inspection.

he said meta, not monkey builds like burn guard that people play.meta will be power holo, power reaper, power thief support tempest and probably 1 bunker like core guard,or ranger ( power ) or scrapper ( power ) or crev if its still a good build ( I dont know personally )most condi builds are good but instant damage will always, ALWAYS be better then dmg over time.Unless condis are SUPER broken, meta will always shift towards power builds sooner or later.Condi thief, condi core necro, Any type of guard is not a meme in a condi heavy team, the trapper ranger, cmirage and whatever counter part to the power classes you can think of except warrior since it is still kinda bad on all fronts right now.And it is the condi cc not the damage causing the slog in games. Get hit by one skill 3 different conditions 2 of which are cc, dodge a circle but you are still kinda in it since it is larger then the dodge distance and a get a little graze the same.

@Vancho.8750 said:Condi thief, condi core necro, Any type of guard is not a meme in a condi heavy team, the trapper ranger, cmirage and whatever counter part to the power classes you can think of except warrior since it is still kinda bad on all fronts right now.

Condi core necro is not a meme, while pthief is better than cthief.Core guard is a meme though.

And it is the condi cc not the damage causing the slog in games. Get hit by one skill 3 different conditions 2 of which are cc, dodge a circle but you are still kinda in it since it is larger then the dodge distance and a get a little graze the same.

What do you mean by cc? Soft cc + hard cc or just hard ccs?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Vancho.8750" Pthief is better then cthief, cmirage is not meta. Its playable. its OK, its not meta. Condi necro is the only condi build that could be considered meta.People experiment with cranger but I have my doubts.

Seen all the specks played on regular, but it defaults to core necro, crev and someone switches to condi something since both of these burn cleanses like no tomorrow and have enough cover for everyone, usually the wild card is thief but there are different types of burn guardians, most common is the condi symbol "support" fb. The only power builds that i see consistently being picked are holo and reaper the rest of the power builds are fluff. So like i said 2 2 1 spread on the average team where the one can swing to power or condi depending on the comp. Most of the time Necro enables the other condi builds.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Vancho.8750 Pthief is better then cthief, cmirage is not meta. Its playable. its OK, its not meta. Condi necro is the only condi build that could be considered meta.People experiment with cranger but I have my doubts.

Seen all the specks played on regular, but it defaults to core necro, crev and someone switches to condi something since both of these burn cleanses like no tomorrow and have enough cover for everyone, usually the wild card is thief but there are different types of burn guardians, most common is the condi symbol "support" fb. The only power builds that i see consistently being picked are holo and reaper the rest of the power builds are fluff. So like i said 2 2 1 spread on the average team where the one can swing to power or condi depending on the comp. Most of the time Necro enables the other condi builds.

my bad, you must be from NA

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Vancho.8750 Pthief is better then cthief, cmirage is not meta. Its playable. its OK, its not meta. Condi necro is the only condi build that could be considered meta.People experiment with cranger but I have my doubts.

my bad, you must be from NANope EU, maybe im playing on higher rating.

@Vancho.8750 said:

for sure, for sure.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

for sure, for sure.Check the leaderboard then, season 22, maybe im bottom tier there but im still on it. And now i sound like im flexing on something almost meaningless.

guys there is no point arguing there no mechanic on playing guardian pressing f1 f2 and deal 40k burning in couple of seconds meanwhile when u trying to hitback its just gonna pick the shield and press the skill to get invulreable. oh i forgot guardian actually can deal 40k burning with a SHIELD XD

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:With such a compelling argument I don't see why not /s

or 1 shot mesmers who do 25k+ from stealthor power revs who port onto you and instantly do 15k+or thieves who backstab you for 8k with assassin's signet meme buildsor sic'em rangers

You have to admit, if you aren't playing some uber tanky build resistant to condis like necro, solo queueing unranked into 5 condi builds is zero fun. I imagine this is where the majority of "condi is op" complaints come from. I immediately stop queueing after I get a game like that, which is just bad.

Last night I queued into 1x condi ranger, 2x condi thief, 2x base necro condi with death magic. Do you think I had any fun? No, I spent the entire match running for my life trying to survive the 2 condi thieves and being unable to 1v1 anything because condi ranger cannot lose 1v1 regardless of skill and condi necro is an effort in futility to 1v1 if they're death magic bunker spec. The only reason I was able to win is because I was duo queued with a competent base necro which eats condi builds alive and protects allies from them.