Things I dislike with the latest episode

This is a list/rant of things I am very unhappy with with the Jormag Rising Episode:

WvW-reward track is a bad joke. We wvw players are constantly kicked in the groin when it comes to rewards. Our very time consuming mode is starved for rewards in every conceivable way. But the reward tracks with a new episode usually paper over some of the mistreatment. Not this time. While the whole track is nothing but a waste of time (the stupid PoF chests, where one can choose between coffee, some receipes everyone has or 3 flax fibers are an insult at this point), the end chest is rage inducing bad. Garbage is a very gentle way to describe its contents.

A lot of people never got the shiver emote, because ANET decided that to get it, you would have to do strikes. Ok, fine. GW2 is starved for emotes, adding more does not hurt in any way - but ANET in their infinite wisdom thinks that is fine to make them hard to get. Awesome. But Jormag Rising did it even worse. To get one class of achievements, you MUST have shiver unlocked. ANET SERIOUSLY? WHO THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA? AND WHO GAVE THEIR GREEN LIGHT TO THAT?

Easy fix: put shiver and the new shiver into reward tracks. Lower the achievements needed, so the pure pve players can get them easily. JUST DO IT.

Like almost all trailers, big hype 'new weapons', 'new infusion'. Are you kidding me? You want us to do WHAT to get that stupid infusion? Again, who thought that would be a good idea?

I understand that you tied the both metas together to prevent another Bjora disaster, where people routinely ignore the east meta these days. But it also resulted in a myriad of almost dead maps, because people don't really feel like spending HOURS on TWO metas with a very, very short break in between. And then you don't even get your loot. NOOO, you have to travel all across the map, while being shot at by snipers. WHO GAVE THEIR GREEN LIGHT FOR THAT? Oh, you are fixing that? This Tuesday? Why not earlier? Oh, forgot, not a gemstore item cosmetic issue on certain charr with specific horns.

Anet, start playing your own game. And stop mistreating players who invest a kitten ton of time with abysmal rewards/loot

Also: Story? Could have been good. I like what happened at the end. But... the end came so quickly, it felt like... dunno? A fourth of the time I usually enjoy story?Having to replay a certain story step over and over and over for AP? Bad, BAD design. WHO GAVE THEIR GREEN LIGHT FOR THAT? It does not make the story any more enjoyable. In fact, it sucks all the joy out of it.

The storming-the-citadel/fight jormag part of the meta is... bad. I run with low char models, because anything higher reduces fps to a crawl and I am constantly oneshot by invisible foes, while players are visible. Fix your code. Render foes first. Also the whole thing feels like you totally forgot that you have at least one profession that can not switch weapons in combat. Thanks for that. Really.

Again, play your own game.

Really, the map is gorgeous. But this episode is just a disappointment. I love LW. I really do. Got Aurora and Vision. But.. since Grothmar Icebrood Saga has been a string of disappointments. The maps are good. A lot of things on the maps are good. But at the end it is just so many small things you screwed up, the overall feeling is a profound 'meh'.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:This is a list/rant of things I am very unhappy with with the Jormag Rising Episode:

WvW-reward track is a bad joke. We wvw players are constantly kicked in the groin when it comes to rewards. Our very time consuming mode is starved for rewards in every conceivable way. But the reward tracks with a new episode usually paper over some of the mistreatment. Not this time. While the whole track is nothing but a waste of time (the stupid PoF chests, where one can choose between coffee, some receipes everyone has or 3 flax fibers are an insult at this point), the end chest is rage inducing bad. Garbage is a very gentle way to describe its contents.

This. It's literally a cut and paste of the Dragonfall Reward Track. It's just the laziest thing I have ever seen with regards to this game. With a chest at the end that has no map currency or materials for crafting the map specific items in there. It's like they just cut and paste the Dragonfall track, then made the North Drizzle Chest, couldn't decide on what specific item to put in it and just went "Ahh, kitten it, that'll do."

It would not hurt to have some of the Draconic Amalgamated Gemstones or whatever they are called or stormcaller cores in there and some of the Shards.

I did a full 2hr Drizzle meta the other day and got more loot than a whole week of WvW, generally about 10x that amount of time invested. And that would be at least 5 reward tracks finished using all boosters.

Really, the map is gorgeous. But this episode is just a disappointment. I love LW. I really do. Got Aurora and Vision. But.. since Grothmar Icebrood Saga has been a string of disappointments. The maps are good. A lot of things on the maps are good. But at the end it is just so many small things you screwed up, the overall feeling is a profound 'meh'.

The map is incredible, that design team did a fantastic job! But the meta is so rushed that you can't actually take in the beauty of the landscape. Plus, 500 million particle effects per second and a huge zerg rushing to kill everything as fast as possible meaning its another frantic tag fest, because nothing scales enough, and you really have no chance to enjoy yourself unless that is your thing.