Is celestial scourge the go to stat for WVW?

Decklan.7540

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:berserker, grieving, or a mix of the two. just keep your crit rate at 47% unbuffed

Only if you play soulreaping

Without it you kinda want a lot more (spite/curse scourge for max corrupts).But reaching 80% critchance can be pretty difficult. Even full marauder + eagle rune is only like 77%.

In my opinion, scourges spot in a zerg shifted.

It's not the easiest and best dps + corrupts anymore.

For a public zerg You might want to run the soulreaping version.For smaller groups as well as guilds, spite/curses is the way to go. But it heavily depends on your groups comp.

For example. If you have one warrior, and no chronos in 15 man guild squad, you definetly want to run spite/curses (more booncorrupts)If you have 2 warriors and a chrono, you definetly want to run the soulreaping version (more damage)

But right now I was almost thinking about a "pls nerf chrono in wvw" post.Last reset we had a fight, I ran full corrupt scourge and I managed to pull of 150corrupts/strips, yet there was two chronos, one with 300 corrupts/strips and one with 220, while they cleansed a lot of conditions as well.

It's ridiculous how good chrono is right now, after it was basically unusable for a year.It might even be a valid comp to not run any scourges anymore, just go for reapers and chronos, reapers for raw damage and chronos for the strips. Which are arguably better than corrupts, cause enemy engines can turn those conditions back to boon, while they are not able to do so, if they are stripped.

But I wouldn't play cele scourge right now. Maybe if they buffed the barriers scaling with healing power, but I think it's pretty meh. To be fair, I didn't play it myself after the most recent patch.Only saw someone doing it and it wasn't really impressive. Damage was a lot lower. And with barriers only affecting max 8 people g3 or 5 from heal skill, it's not really worth it in my opinion. Especially because the barriers aren't that big.

Don't get me wrong. If you have a set of cele gear, and don't have the money to get an extra set of marauder/berserker/grieving gear mix, don't reforge the cele gear. In the past Years there was always a meta where cele was best in slot, they announced a new expansion, and my guess is, that this x-pac will come between august and October next year, so we might see cele again.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"RisenHowl.2419" said:berserker, grieving, or a mix of the two. just keep your crit rate at 47% unbuffed

Only if you play soulreaping

Without it you kinda want a lot more (spite/curse scourge for max corrupts).But reaching 80% critchance can be pretty difficult. Even full marauder + eagle rune is only like 77%.

In my opinion, scourges spot in a zerg shifted.

It's not the easiest and best dps + corrupts anymore.

For a public zerg You might want to run the soulreaping version.For smaller groups as well as guilds, spite/curses is the way to go. But it heavily depends on your groups comp.

For example. If you have one warrior, and no chronos in 15 man guild squad, you definetly want to run spite/curses (more booncorrupts)If you have 2 warriors and a chrono, you definetly want to run the soulreaping version (more damage)

But right now I was almost thinking about a "pls nerf chrono in wvw" post.Last reset we had a fight, I ran full corrupt scourge and I managed to pull of 150corrupts/strips, yet there was two chronos, one with 300 corrupts/strips and one with 220, while they cleansed a lot of conditions as well.

It's ridiculous how good chrono is right now, after it was basically unusable for a year.It might even be a valid comp to not run any scourges anymore, just go for reapers and chronos, reapers for raw damage and chronos for the strips. Which are arguably better than corrupts, cause enemy engines can turn those conditions back to boon, while they are not able to do so, if they are stripped.

But I wouldn't play cele scourge right now. Maybe if they buffed the barriers scaling with healing power, but I think it's pretty meh. To be fair, I didn't play it myself after the most recent patch.Only saw someone doing it and it wasn't really impressive. Damage was a lot lower. And with barriers only affecting max 8 people g3 or 5 from heal skill, it's not really worth it in my opinion. Especially because the barriers aren't that big.

Don't get me wrong. If you have a set of cele gear, and don't have the money to get an extra set of marauder/berserker/grieving gear mix, don't reforge the cele gear. In the past Years there was always a meta where cele was best in slot, they announced a new expansion, and my guess is, that this x-pac will come between august and October next year, so we might see cele again.

That's what our group's doing, we've dropped scourge completely for spb/chrono. The only things scourge has going for it right now are trail and breach, and nightfall offers 5 less corrupts than breach with 1/3rd the cd and blind