Changing Classes

Garn.7502

Just curious. I bet everyone has thought about it already. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea if the devs made something that can change your level 80 character's class? I know there are character slots and you can have multiple toons with different classes.

• 2 weeks later...

@Garn.7502 said:Just curious. I bet everyone has thought about it already. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea if the devs made something that can change your level 80 character's class? I know there are character slots and you can have multiple toons with different classes.

one good use for a class change consumable or a race change consumable is if you want to keep the character's birthday age

i would want a class changer thing, if it's properly implemented:

1. upon use, all equipment is unequipped and moved to a withdraw-only (cannot deposit items) temporary bank tab (or tabs if using multiple equipment templates are present). this tab will disappear once all items have been taken out.
  2. all hero points spent will be refunded (resetting every trait/etc. back to 0) and return to the unspent counter
  3. all character-bound equipment and build templates (equipped or otherwise) are reset to blanks
  4. all utility skill slots and the elite skill slot is set to blank. heal skill is set to the initial heal skill
  5. a database-backup/snapshot (1 week expire) of your character is created when the process is initiated to save it's before state. this is so incase of any issues, customer service/gms can revert you back with ease

i may have forgotten something else that's critical when transitioning a class to another but more or less that should take care of most potential issues that could arise.

• Like 1

@"jokke.6239" said:Like what?

like "oh, I bought this item on the gem store and made a mistake when using it, could you roll back my account" kind of thingsthis is just my opinion after all, but it seems like a lot of work for something that isn't really needed and it more that just a simple cosmetic change.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Garn.7502 said:Just curious. I bet everyone has thought about it already. Would it be a good idea or a bad idea if the devs made something that can change your level 80 character's class? I know there are character slots and you can have multiple toons with different classes.

one good use for a class change consumable or a race change consumable is if you want to keep the character's birthday age

i would want a class changer thing, if it's properly implemented:
  1. upon use, all equipment is unequipped and moved to a withdraw-only (cannot deposit items) temporary bank tab (or tabs if using multiple equipment templates are present). this tab will disappear once all items have been taken out.
  2. all hero points spent will be refunded (resetting every trait/etc. back to 0) and return to the unspent counter
  3. all character-bound equipment and build templates (equipped or otherwise) are reset to blanks
  4. all utility skill slots and the elite skill slot is set to blank. heal skill is set to the initial heal skill
  5. a database-backup/snapshot (1 week expire) of your character is created when the process is initiated to save it's before state. this is so incase of any issues, customer service/gms can revert you back with ease

i may have forgotten something else that's critical when transitioning a class to another but more or less that should take care of most potential issues that could arise.

These are some awesome points!