Is there a limit to how many boneskinner vial one can get per day / week?

~~I decided to write a discussion because this has been frustrating me. Today I did 5 Boneskinner, none of which dropped any vials, even though some were gold, and other people seemed to have gotten their 30 boneskinner vials. As the title says, is there a limit to how many vials can be earned per day/week /character/ or etc? ~~

Edit: seems like it is tied to having crafted an empowered boneskinner weapon. Not 100% sure though, but not getting any after 5 kills seems like there's a high correlation.

Seems like boneskinner vial drops are somewhat related to having crafted an empowered boneskinner weapon. After crafting my staff, I stopped receiving any boneskinner vials from boneskinner kills. So unless Anet has fixed this, I suggest people who wish to craft more than one empowere boneskinner weapons to get enough to make multiple ones before starting to craft.

@CinnaTree.8071 said:Seems like boneskinner vial drops are somewhat related to having crafted an empowered boneskinner weapon. After crafting my staff, I stopped receiving any boneskinner vials from boneskinner kills. So unless Anet has fixed this, I suggest people who wish to craft more than one empowere boneskinner weapons to get enough to make multiple ones before starting to craft.

Same issue and ive ran into some other people who also had the same problem craft one weapon and you stop getting them as drops ive ran 5 or 6 gold strikes now after making the focus and have not gotten anything

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@CinnaTree.8071 said:Seems like boneskinner vial drops are somewhat related to having crafted an empowered boneskinner weapon. After crafting my staff, I stopped receiving any boneskinner vials from boneskinner kills. So unless Anet has fixed this, I suggest people who wish to craft more than one empowere boneskinner weapons to get enough to make multiple ones before starting to craft.

Same issue and ive ran into some other people who also had the same problem craft one weapon and you stop getting them as drops ive ran 5 or 6 gold strikes now after making the focus and have not gotten anything

same

@Derm.4932 said:

same

I submitted a ticket asking about this and was told that its really random drop chance apparently.But making like 4 runs before making a single weapon where every single attempt gold and silver awarded me with vials and then after making the weapon and 5-6 gold attempts award none certainly does not feel like random. I did note that other players who also said they were not getting any vials also had made at least one of the weapons but I guess unless more players pop up with this issue or one of us can confirm that it is really random all we can do is keep trying.

10+ kills in now all being gold reward 11 or 12 if you count a few silver runs and no vials at all.This certainly does not seem like random to me.To get them with 100% chance 4-5 runs in a row before making a weapon and 10+ runs after making one and getting none really cant be random or if is random its some of the worst rng fro short term sake.

I really want to ask them to look into this again but i feel like more people need to run into the issue first.How annoyingly frustrating. :anguished:

Its almost like the built something in so that once you make all 3 weapons you no longer get vials which would be nice as it save inventory space but instead of triggering after getting all 3 in your collection it triggers after only getting one or something.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

same

I submitted a ticket asking about this and was told that its really random drop chance apparently.But making like 4 runs before making a single weapon where every single attempt gold and silver awarded me with vials and then after making the weapon and 5-6 gold attempts award none certainly does not feel like random. I did note that other players who also said they were not getting any vials also had made at least one of the weapons but I guess unless more players pop up with this issue or one of us can confirm that it is really random all we can do is keep trying.

This is so silly on Anet's case if it was true, if it really was really random drop, it makes no sense that if you don't craft any you get more and if you do, your chance drastically diminish. Also there seems to be a reddit post with few more people experiencing the same thing. And perhaps if I also put in support ticket they might be more inclined to look into it.

@CinnaTree.8071 said:

same

This is so silly on Anet's case if it was true, if it really was really random drop, it makes no sense that if you don't craft any you get more and if you do, your chance drastically diminish. Also there seems to be a reddit post with few more people experiencing the same thing. And perhaps if I also put in support ticket they might be more inclined to look into it.

I would suggest anyone who seems to be having the problem put in a ticket so that it can be looked into.Only one or two people is not enough to draw attention to it but if more players point it out then i think they might give it a bit more attention.We know the items are not gated by daily reward because there are some players who got several sets of 30 in a single day. Even i was able to get 2 sets of 30 in the same day before making the first weapon my 5 runs or so which consisted of 2 gold and 3 silvers got me to 69 vials in a single day.I then made the weapon and tried to do more runs (after reset) and got 0 several times in a row. Im going to wait till reset again before i do it anymore but at this point i dont have hopes that any will drop.

It really seems like its not rng and that its just generally based on the rating you get in the strike itself you get gold you get 30 you get silver you get 3 you get less than that and i dont know cause ive not done any runs that were less than silver. but still.....

@ZDragon.3046 said:

same

I would suggest anyone who seems to be having the problem put in a ticket so that it can be looked into.Only one or two people is not enough to draw attention to it but if more players point it out then i think they might give it a bit more attention.We know the items are not gated by daily reward because there are some players who got several sets of 30 in a single day. Even i was able to get 2 sets of 30 in the same day before making the first weapon my 5 runs or so which consisted of 2 gold and 3 silvers got me to 69 vials in a single day.I then made the weapon and tried to do more runs (after reset) and got 0 several times in a row. Im going to wait till reset again before i do it anymore but at this point i dont have hopes that any will drop.

It really seems like its not rng and that its just generally based on the rating you get in the strike itself you get gold you get 30 you get silver you get 3 you get less than that and i dont know cause ive not done any runs that were less than silver. but still.....

I just did a boneskinner gold run after reset and guess what, got 0 boneskinner vials again. This is 2 resets in a row. Really discouraging.

@CinnaTree.8071 said:

same

I just did a boneskinner gold run after reset and guess what, got 0 boneskinner vials again. This is 2 resets in a row. Really discouraging.

Im not surprised i seriously doubt its rng. Im considering re-opening my ticket and just adding the reddit thread.The part that annoys me is that vial gain was not even tied to the daily chest its tied to the clickable reward chest that shows up after every strike run. Thats how some people managed to get like 120 of them on day one by just running the strike multiple times back to back and getting gold ranks.

Waiting for reset shouldnt even be a factor unless it was changed and i never saw any patch notes calling that out.

I wrote to support about this, provided proof that I'd done the strike and got no vials they did replace the ones I should have gotten last night. They did say that they need folks to bug report this in game. So if you do boneskinner more and continue to not get the drops, submit a bug report in-game. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

@oshilator.4681 said:I wrote to support about this, provided proof that I'd done the strike and got no vials they did replace the ones I should have gotten last night. They did say that they need folks to bug report this in game. So if you do boneskinner more and continue to not get the drops, submit a bug report in-game. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Odd cause i submitted at ticket on this 2 days ago and was told it was not a bug i guess i should submit another one cause ive been trying for days.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"oshilator.4681" said:I wrote to support about this, provided proof that I'd done the strike and got no vials they did replace the ones I should have gotten last night. They did say that they need folks to bug report this in game. So if you do boneskinner more and continue to not get the drops, submit a bug report in-game. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Odd cause i submitted at ticket on this 2 days ago and was told it was not a bug i guess i should submit another one cause ive been trying for days.

Well I submitted ticket and even told them how the person above was able to get their vials from the support. And this is the reply I got from the support, after them saying that each tickets are case by case and thus they cannot , they said "Furthermore, for items that are gained as random rewards we are unable to assist due to the randomized nature of their acquisition." Basically saying they can't get me my vials for the runs that I didn't get any from.

Clearly they don't want to admit that there's something wrong with the situation. How infuriating and demotivating.

@CinnaTree.8071 said:

@"oshilator.4681" said:I wrote to support about this, provided proof that I'd done the strike and got no vials they did replace the ones I should have gotten last night. They did say that they need folks to bug report this in game. So if you do boneskinner more and continue to not get the drops, submit a bug report in-game. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Well I submitted ticket and even told them how the person above was able to get their vials from the support. And this is the reply I got from the support, after them saying that each tickets are case by case and thus they cannot , they said "Furthermore, for items that are gained as random rewards we are unable to assist due to the randomized nature of their acquisition." Basically saying they can't get me my vials for the runs that I didn't get any from.

Clearly they don't want to admit that there's something wrong with the situation. How infuriating and demotivating.

I got a similar reply saying that its random again mean while my raid leader has gone through the boneskinner runs more times and continues to get vials currently still has 100% drop rate getting them on each attempt he has made (has not made a weapon) while mine is more like 5/20+ some odd runs with only the first 5 runs all providing drops being before i made the weapon.

At this point im leaving it alone till its fixed then once its fixed ill be sure to write how unsatisfied i am with the support quality on actually looking into possible issues. I wouldn't feel this way if i was the only player who came to this conclusion but at this point its not really a single instance its multiple people all with the similar points of having made at least one empowered weapon. I keep hoping that someone who has made a weapon will get a vial drop to actually prove that its random but that has yet to happen and be reported. While i understand each gm handles things on a case by case bases if one player was told that it is confirmed a bug or issue but others are being told "nothing is wrong its random keep trying" clearly there is a mix up in some place.

Until I get a drop of vials im going to continue assuming its not random or that the chance drops considerably after making a weapon which seems unfair. Considering you cant sell them or trade them away. Both the vials and empowered weapons are for personal use which makes the requirement for the vials needing to be random drop chance even more unnecessary in my opinion.

But it is what it is I guess we wait for the actual developers to fix it.

@CinnaTree.8071 said:

Hugely depends on the support person you get, unfortunately.

I once had the same bug causing me to not receive a reward occur twice one year or so apart, first time it was quickly fixed and I was sent what I had missed out on, the second time around I was told support could do no such thing, even after letting them know they had done this exact same thing for the very same bug in the past.So while support usually is pretty great about things, it's kind of a gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

@ZDragon.3046 said:

I got a similar reply saying that its random again mean while my raid leader has gone through the boneskinner runs more times and continues to get vials currently still has 100% drop rate getting them on each attempt he has made (has not made a weapon) while mine is more like 5/20+ some odd runs with only the first 5 runs all providing drops being before i made the weapon.

At this point im leaving it alone till its fixed then once its fixed ill be sure to write how unsatisfied i am with the support quality on actually looking into possible issues. I wouldn't feel this way if i was the only player who came to this conclusion but at this point its not really a single instance its multiple people all with the similar points of having made at least one empowered weapon. I keep hoping that someone who has made a weapon will get a vial drop to actually prove that its random but that has yet to happen and be reported. While i understand each gm handles things on a case by case bases if one player was told that it is confirmed a bug or issue but others are being told "nothing is wrong its random keep trying" clearly there is a mix up in some place.

Until I get a drop of vials im going to continue assuming its not random or that the chance drops considerably after making a weapon which seems unfair. Considering you cant sell them or trade them away. Both the vials and empowered weapons are for personal use which makes the requirement for the vials needing to be random drop chance even more unnecessary in my opinion.

We did it guys~! In today's patch.

-Fixed a bug that prevented Boneskinner Ritual Vials from dropping after certain conditions were met.-Fixed a bug that caused the Boneskinner Strike Mission to award 30 Boneskinner Ritual Vials instead of 9 on gold-level completion.

the number decrease is a bit meh, but still glad to see that they were listening to our bug reports~!

@CinnaTree.8071 said:

We did it guys~! In today's patch.

-Fixed a bug that prevented Boneskinner Ritual Vials from dropping after certain conditions were met.-Fixed a bug that caused the Boneskinner Strike Mission to award 30 Boneskinner Ritual Vials instead of 9 on gold-level completion.

the number decrease is a bit meh, but still glad to see that they were listening to our bug reports~!

Right at least it got fixed still annoyed that i was told by 2 gms that it was never bugged in the first place but whatever now i can go earn the rest of my vials.