God of WvW

yay.2856

okay …So we need 10k WvW rank to get the ultimate WvW title. Let me ask a question: WvW tournaments got deleted. We only have the normal titles which shows how long and intensive we played this gamemode. Like "ultimate dominator" for 250k kills.So now - i dont understand why "God of WvW" isnt a titel which is based on kills or other achivements. In the past 6-7 years in which i play this gamemode a lot .. i reached 3.3 / 3.4k WvW rank. Sometimes i zerg sometimes i just roam or fight with an gvg guilds etc.in short you tell me now i should boost myself with all XP-Booster and run behind an karma train 24/7 for the next 3-4 years ? So basically everyone whos new in WvW or only since few years (and) just enjoys roaming / gvging has no chance to get this title ever. You could have buffed this achivement with so many other achivements to bring more ppl into WvW but seting this to 10k WvW rank is the most useless thing especially cuz 10k rank says nothing about what you achived in an WvW fight mode.Im waiting for content im waiting for achivements which hype ppl to join WvW not only for the karma train - blobbing you down with 50+ppl.

@"Jilora.9524" said:It's just a title for those that been 10k forever so let them have it. It's not oh I'm 3400 let me grind 6600 now. Everything is not meant for everyone to obtain

they include sth into WvW which is meaningless. 11 month ago they announced "the icebrood saga" they said we talk more about WvW in the upcoming months" … so there was basically nothing we can talk about. And now a title which is for hardcore ppt people only who do this for idk.. 8 years every day ?i just dont understand it

It awards no AP so as not to create an unreasonable grind for those that care about AP. It is literally a meaningless title that's only prestige is it's rarity because maybe >300 people in the entire game will have it.

But I like it anyway and I'mma wear it, dang you !): <

lJdWxg0.jpg

• Confused 1

@diomache.9246 said:I don't care for titles, but I really want my golden dolykak finisher permanent.

ye -.. like that but the game is focused more on titles rn.. look into pvp you get season titles only. Finisher would be so much cooler and hopefully they will implement an permanent dolyak finisher someday xD

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:It awards no AP so as not to create an unreasonable grind for those that care about AP. It is literally a meaningless title that's only prestige is it's rarity because maybe >300 people in the entire game will have it.

But I like it anyway and I'mma wear it, dang you !): <

lJdWxg0.jpg

Looks nice and gz ! dont get me wrong i want this title to be "hard to get" but as you said its about prestige. PvP has "God of PvP" .. very hard to get but you could get it every conquest season. "Fractal God" you need to invest a lot of time into doing the same stuff over and over which is normal for bigger PvE achivements but you get it. Now look "God of WvW" - no comments

A title for a game mode in which that game mode does not allow titles to be shown??? I am so confused. I got to wvw rank 10,000 and all I got was a wvw title that people cannot see in wvw. Gold, armor, a pat on the back would have been better than this.... Meanwhile kick all the hardcore players of wvw right in the nuts and tell them bawahahaha your grind to 2000 and all your boosters and buffs, weeks of playing in double xp was meaningless.

@"Nicolo.2418" said:"World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000" this is nice.. cuz now ppl which arnt playing WvW thaaaaat much can buy acended stuff as well.

They generally did not make ascended armor more accessible or cheaper in WvW. It still costs the same. And you could get already ascended armor in WvW (Triumphant Hero's armor is available as exotic, ascended or legendary) without a rank requirement. The rank requirement is for the Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor, which has the more prestigious skin.

@Roxory.9854 said:A title for a game mode in which that game mode does not allow titles to be shown??? I am so confused. I got to wvw rank 10,000 and all I got was a wvw title that people cannot see in wvw. Gold, armor, a pat on the back would have been better than this.... Meanwhile kick all the hardcore players of wvw right in the nuts and tell them bawahahaha your grind to 2000 and all your boosters and buffs, weeks of playing in double xp was meaningless.

Titles show both for allies and enemies, I'm not sure where you obtained this idea that they don't.

Who, for the love of "anything", is interested in a (10k rank) WvW title in the first place?

The game mode has a lot of other (construction) areas that are not really tackled or improved. ANet probably means, "rewards" are everything the game (the game mode) needs. According to the motto "nice to have, but not really necessary".

Meanwhile I prefer to play on a (dead) server (at the moment or meanwhile not really at all), which had the status "full" before the relinking + partner server and now has no partner server nor the status "full", because (felt) half of the players left the server. Should just mention that. I personally don't give a damn anymore. ANet still knows how to make bad decisions, ... :)

ANet, the fun bringer ... but thanks for the great 10k rank title. :)

@Nicolo.2418 said:seting this to 10k WvW rank is the most useless thing especially cuz 10k rank says nothing about what you achived in an WvW fight mode.

Wrong.

Don't you remember when people wanted to achieve the title which was based on kills (Ultimate Dominator) so they traded kills in Obsidian Sanctum? Rewards for fighting don't work out very well.

So this reward is for people who play WvW [in whatever form] for an extremely lengthy period.

Well done and congratulations to everybody who's earnt it. I salute your dedication.

• Like 1

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Nicolo.2418 said:seting this to 10k WvW rank is the most useless thing especially cuz 10k rank says nothing about what you achived in an WvW fight mode.

Wrong.

Don't you remember when people wanted to achieve the title which was based on kills (Ultimate Dominator) so they traded kills in Obsidian Sanctum? Rewards for fighting don't work out very well.

So this reward is for people who play WvW [in whatever form] for an extremely lengthy period.

Well done and congratulations to everybody who's earnt it. I salute your dedication.

Those players that gamed UD also were grabbing 30 plus WvW levels an hour. It's a nice title and over the years with OS and EoTM and Pre-link Friday K-trains where no one defended who knows who earned it legit. 10 k is impressive no matter what tho.

@"Metzie.3451" said:Who, for the love of "anything", is interested in a (10k rank) WvW title in the first place?

The people with 10k ranks.

Everytime I saw that type of thread I would say,

"Okay but increase max rank to 20k and put it there."

As you can imagine, I got no response to that rofl...

I swear some people are just looking for things to be angry about. A few months ago I semi-regularly started to run with zergs and use any celebration boosters I had on WvW, and am up to about 1200 already. The people who've been zerging WvW hardcore for 5+ years or mediumcore for 8 years definitely deserve this, it's not like it even gives you anything, it's just something they get to have for their dedication which someone else can't just farm in a few months.

@Taylan.2187 said:I swear some people are just looking for things to be angry about. A few months ago I semi-regularly started to run with zergs and use any celebration boosters I had on WvW, and am up to about 1200 already. The people who've been zerging WvW hardcore for 5+ years or mediumcore for 8 years definitely deserve this, it's not like it even gives you anything, it's just something they get to have for their dedication which someone else can't just farm in a few months.

tbh in an fight based game like gw2 i wanna fight, Guild vs Guild , roam, take objektives im low number so you have more fights and challenges. I dont see the sense and meaning in running behind an 50men blob for many hours every day using all booster and open up tower.For all who achieved 10k rank.. well your prolly a commander or a hardcore zerger and you can be proud of reaching the max lvl.but all in all - implementing an wvw titel which is exclusive for people who hardcore wvw since many years greeding for max rank is not what guildwars2 stands for.as i said already in an previous comment. This titel need to be “hard to get” in an way that you cant bot around or pay ppl for it.collections... wvw tickes based ... achivements ... maybe wvw event items , whatever.I dont say everybody needs this title ... but 10k lets be honest.. no wvw hype even for full time wvw player in other sections then hardcore ppt.So if this is all we can expect for World vs World “in the upcoming months” its gonna be sad.