God of WvW

yay.2856

@Taylan.2187 said:I swear some people are just looking for things to be angry about.

Can you blame them? Nearly all concerns that are raised about their game mode are ignored and nothing has changed for years.

A few months ago I semi-regularly started to run with zergs and use any celebration boosters I had on WvW, and am up to about 1200 already. The people who've been zerging WvW hardcore for 5+ years or mediumcore for 8 years definitely deserve this, it's not like it even gives you anything, it's just something they get to have for their dedication which someone else can't just farm in a few months.

Here's the thing, people DID farm R10,000 in months. Or weeks even. You can probably grind it out now in a year, zerging each night during prime time, if you wanted to.

I don't think people are angry because a new title was added, but because it was the only thing that was added and its meaningless fluff.

@Taylan.2187 said:A few months ago I semi-regularly started to run with zergs and use any celebration boosters I had on WvW, and am up to about 1200 already.

Thats good for you. However, I do believe that your statement is a little bit exaggerated. How long exactely did it take for you to get from WvW rank 0 to WvW rank 1200? And how many hours per day were you playing during this time constantly? Where you mainly running with a k-train zerg all the time?

@Taylan.2187 said:The people who've been zerging WvW hardcore for 5+ years or mediumcore for 8 years definitely deserve this, it's not like it even gives you anything, it's just something they get to have for their dedication which someone else can't just farm in a few months.

Actually, the WvW rank was farmed a lot in the past in EotM and with kill-trading/farming in the obsidian sanctum farm. The obsidian sanctum farm was primarily for the "Ultimate Dominator" (because the rank itself had no value), but the farm also increased the WvW rank a lot in a very short period of time and people got rank 10K doing this.

Also because of that, the WvW rank has no prestiguous value. It does say nothing about how skilled you are as a WvW player and what you have achieved with skill in WvW. But (for most players) it says much more about how efficient you have farmed the WvW rank in the past (zerging with a k-train qualifies also as farming).

There are very few WvW players I know of that are still active in WvW and that have earned their >10K rank through playing WvW (EotM and kill-trading/farming are not WvW). I doubt that any one of these will use this new title. It would be too embarrassing for them.

@Nicolo.2418 said:

@"Caedmon.6798" said:Shouldnt we get a Goddes of WvW aswell and an Apache helicopter of WvW ?

WHATS UP WITH THAT ANET! B)

On a serious note. I think they just wanted to make this title available to people that have already been playing for years. Otherwise,its near impossible to gain for new players since its only bound to how much time u have spend in the game blobbing around. Again,a completely meaningless title.

"World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000" this is nice.. cuz now ppl which arnt playing WvW thaaaaat much can buy acended stuff as well.

Not sure if you are aware, but ascended gear was already available at lower ranks. I have had full WvW ascended since shortly after it came out and full WvW legendary armor for at least a year and I'm only rank 2050 or so now.

They should have separated it into 'farmer of EOTM' title and made UD 'farmer of OS' title as that's how the majority of them got a lot of their ranks, making any title meaningless (but it makes them feel better).Or how about just change both to 'I blobbed more than you' as that's what it basically comes down to.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Shouldnt we get a Goddes of WvW aswell and an Apache helicopter of WvW ?

On a serious note. I think they just wanted to make this title available to people that have already been playing for years. Otherwise,its near impossible to gain for new players since its only bound to how much time u have spend in the game blobbing around. Again,a completely meaningless title.

female toons have goddess of wvw actually

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Shouldnt we get a Goddes of WvW aswell and an Apache helicopter of WvW ?

female toons have goddess of wvw actually

But what if I wanted to make a big burly male Mesmer norn in the female elementalist outfit with the Goddess of WvW title?

It was easy to get 10k back in pre-HoT days when every server had proper voice coms from noon onwards, fights lasted a while, servers were somewhat balanced fightingwise, different sized groups were abundant and WvW was fun to play from dawn to dusk. Every server even had a nightcrew of at least 10 people you could fight. Even HoT damage reduction meta was great until all the minstrel + zerker hammer rev builds started popping up (Tempest mostly, then firebrand+scrap+spellbreaker during PoF)

Following coms without voice with no similar sized enemy group in sight is boring, even if there is one on voice its some beta personality these days. WvW consistancy went from there being group fights 85% times when you log in to 15%.

Now while I do put lack of competent commanders and server stacking blame to claim buff, the hours commanders that actually enjoy WvW put in are low due to scoring/upgrade changes and existance of relinkings.

But yea, you could literally play WvW 24/7 and have some group activity from at least 2 servers. Let me be honest, from my observation: like 99% of the current WvW generation just logs to WvW when there is a q or discord announcement that someone is tagging up, GW2 WvW just isn't the main things to play for many people anymore.

Now back to the topic: maybe they should add different tiers of titles as God of WvW itself seems kinda hard to achieve, for example Demigod of WvW could be 8k, Knight of WvW 2k, etc.

@Baldrick.8967 said:They should have separated it into 'farmer of EOTM' title and made UD 'farmer of OS' title as that's how the majority of them got a lot of their ranks, making any title meaningless (but it makes them feel better).Or how about just change both to 'I blobbed more than you' as that's what it basically comes down to.

Reminds me of this thing that used to exist called Zerg Busting yeah it was nerfed out of existence so that large groups of bad players could actually survive fights against skilled players.

@"TallBarr.2184" said:So many salty "peasants of wvw" in this thread. Eotm or not, getting to rank 10k is the biggest time investment ingame. Dont forget boosters like gobbler and the smowflake gobbler didnt exist back when eotm was still going.It takes several thousand hours to get rank 10k.

They should give "Eternity" to people with the title. ;)

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:Playing 8 years, don't even have 6k rank yet.I should've been farming EotM I guess. ¯_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯"8 years" is not hours played. Someone I know that reached 10K + Ultimate Dominator had been playing WvW for two shifts a day since launch because they're retired IRL.

You could easily be less than 2K if you pew pew camping walls on longbow ranger every day for 8 years.

@Ubi.4136 said:Those people that ktrained eotm borderlands for days on end need recognition, this is anet's way of giving it to them.

People are still k-training now every week. Let's stop pretending it not a WvW every map thing when one side has coverage and another does not. After they added the link system you can see all servers do this. I am also not saying reduce the requirements.

But will agree it's much easier to get to that point if you zerg more than you solo or roam just because you can tag more. Again this issue is the result of not using a system where efficiency is more rewarding. Use 1 person to kill 1 person, full payment. 5 people killing 1 person, each one gets 1/5 the value. To be fair that would probably drive more people away so an alternative system is 1-x vs strength of target pays x times target value and then once minimum is reached for target pay normal rewards. Now would this have people game they system, some would. Do people game the system already, some do.

But please lets not pretend this is only an EoTM issue when it was invented before EoTM existed.

Good that the grinders can now use two lines (Diamond Legend + God of WvW) to show the world they played this game to unhealthy amounts. The Ultimate Dominator title was not sufficient as you could exploit it in organized fights in a quite short amount of time.

I think that's the least one can expect for all that wasted life time.