TP UI issue - text appearance — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

TP UI issue - text appearance

Update has negatively affected the TP UI. The text has become low-quality and blurry. It also seems like there's an overlaid effect that is particularly noticeable on the row striping - some rows are washed out and barely legible.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Yeah. you Devs done goofed. Text looks very fuzzy

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭

Ohh and there I was desperately trying to figure out whether I've messed up my monitor set up lol. Same issue here!

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2020

Why is the TP UI blurry? Also affects the mini map.

• majority of the UI is low res atm.

• PeerlessArch.6547PeerlessArch.6547 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

Anyone else noticing the mini-map, TP, top UI icons being blurry?
    Am I losing my eyesight? =)

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2020

There's a lot of comments in maps and loads popping up in the bug forum about a blurry UI/mini map/TP. I'm not really seeing it, although the writing on the tp looks slightly lower rez.

I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out to me though.

But, no you are (prob) not losing your eyesight

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• trixantea.1230trixantea.1230 Member ✭✭✭

I have the same Issue.

• Yeah, i was joking about the eyesight, but it looks like its in 800x600 resolution haha.

• Pockethole.5031Pockethole.5031 Member ✭✭
    edited August 11, 2020

(Mini-)Map, TP very blurry to me. It's bothering me.

• Mini-map as well.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I noticed it looked like someone had smeared vaseline on my screen.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭✭

And I thought it was my PC having a heatstroke due to these extreme weather conditions...
    I was a bit confused to be honest when I saw that blurriness and I first assumed it was coming from gw2hook because I use a preset that uses a lot of DoF. I thought that maybe the update and hook screwed eachother up.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

canthaconfirmed

• Qa pls...
    Every patch there is something...

return 0xdeadbeaf

• yup I have the same low res effect - mostly noticeable on the TP buy / sell transactions logs

• miraude.2107miraude.2107 Member ✭✭✭

YES! I noticed it too and thought that maybe the graphic settings on my comp got changed (was used to that happening in WoW after an update) so went into my graphics and noticed everything was still the same. It's definitely something in game.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking I was going bad with my eyes... Super blurry tp.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I noticed it instantly with the TP, looks foggy or lower resolution than normal.

Just not sure if it's some kind of bug or a intentional change.

• IvoryOwl.3275IvoryOwl.3275 Member ✭✭
    edited August 11, 2020

I have the same issue as well but it looks like only parts of the UI are affected by this. Icons such as those on the top left corner and boosters (like 5% Damage Bonus, Volunteer's Blessing, etc) look blurry. Same for the mini-map and the TP post in its entirety. The rest of the UI, such as combat skills, boons, profession-specific traits (like Vampiric Presence) game menus, enemy health bars, chat, world map, game options, and dailies/story/events (minus the icons, which look blurry as well) appear to be fine.

I've changed resolution (fullscreen<->fullscreen windowed), enabled and disabled DPI scaling, and restarted the game. None of it worked.

• Seeing the same. TP, mini-map, and some (but not all) small icons above the skill bar are blurry.

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, fuzzy TP text.
    At least the TP is super reliable in all other respects though
    Oh, wait.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

Are you guys using small UI?

This post contains my opinion.

• Text, hud icons, mini map icons, all of it is blur-tastic. I'd love to see a dev or someone chime in about this. It's very off-putting.

Eloise Kruger - Ranger | Darbii - Tempest | Elsie Wildfur - Thief | Oomi - Scrapper

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

I came here to raise this problem. The chat window looks fines, and so do the character models. The world map looks fine. But only some of the TP looks like it's low pixel accuracy. The text at the top ("Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store" looks normal. For the promotions, the text has poor quality, as is the text in all the other windows.

One upside: I didn't have any problems putting items on the TP. I'm happy to trade off image quality on the TP if that stops the TP errors.

• darksome.1697darksome.1697 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

If this is intended, it's a terrible decision, having low-res graphics along with high-res like this will cause headaches and migraines after being exposed to it for a while. And not a long while either.

• Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

It definitely is much blurrier compared to yesterday and is obvious on the TP. I wonder what could have caused this.

• kenny.7236kenny.7236 Member ✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

Having the same blurry issues with TP, minimap & Hero (the icons on the left).

Interface Size = Normal.

These low details / blurry textures are giving me a headache.

Edit:
    It seems like all icons on the left are having low res / blurry issues. (e.g. Vendor interface).

• I'm noticing this too, though it's only certain parts for me. The TP, a few parts of the mini-map, and some of the food and utility effect icons. It's not too distracting but it is noticeable.

• kenny.7236kenny.7236 Member ✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

Having the same blurry issues with TP, minimap & Hero (the icons on the left).

Interface Size = Normal.

These low details / blurry textures are giving me a headache if looked at them for too long (i.e. > 5 seconds).

• Same here. Blurry minimap and BLTP UI.

• This is affecting me as well.
    If you resize your minimap to just the tiniest bit smaller, it clears the blurriness. It's no proper fix, but if you get headaches like me trying to look at a blurry minimap, it helps.

• LaFurion.3167LaFurion.3167 Member ✭✭✭

Since the patch, the gemstore font (and everything else) seems very very very blurry. To the point that it bothers me.

Now, normally I wouldn't nit pick... but the last update that changed the gemstore (the huge lag and delays after the rune salvaging thingy) implemented a huge lag... and it still hasn't been fixed to this day. So i thought id mention this... because idk how a gemstore can get... blurry due to a patch haha.

Please fix

• Some players are experiencing this issue; some are not.
    You can find more threads/posts in the 'Support' sub-forum (and elsewhere).

• Same here, TP, minimap and icons are completely blurried.

• Same issue here, hope there will be a fix soon.

• linamaria.1830linamaria.1830 Member ✭✭✭

Same here. Please fix it.

• Same to me

• Jaidy.1824Jaidy.1824 Member ✭✭✭

same here. looks very blurry. Thought it was my eyes first, luckily im wrong. B)

• This has been happening to me just recently as well. You can tell the difference in literally any other window open and the BL TP.
    Tested with UI Scale Small and Normal here: https://imgur.com/a/pBt3AIz
    DPI Scaling does nothing.
    Dynamic Super Resolution on GPU does nothing.

• Same here ...

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020

Was planning to get my eyes checked. This post saved me the trouble :lol: .

• still no acknowledgement of the bug, that they are working on it, or an update like we can't fix it, deal with it :astonished: really hope we will get some news about the issue soon

• I'm experiencing additional minimap problems. It's blurry yes, but also the small arrow that indicates if an objective is below me or above me is gone. I was trying to complete some maps in the heart of maguuma and now knowing whether to go up or down is very frustrating

• +1. it's terrible.

• HURRAY!

=D

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

For whatever it's worth, I am able to sell things to the TP a lot faster than in the past 6-8 months. If low-res TP means being able to sell my gak faster, then I would prefer it. ;)

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fixed blurry user interface elements.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• How odd! I don't experience any blurriness.
    That, or I've just been near-blind for a long time. =P

• Ooops.8694Ooops.8694 Member ✭✭

But now it looks like this:

Can i have the blurred font back please?