Could you make syrup out of Sylvari's blood?

BeansWithBones.4598

So in cannon Sylvari's blood is sap right? So technically you could totally make syrup out of it. Would different Sylvari have different tastes? I know this all sounds very Inquest but I've been thinking about this for weeks now and I wanna know if other people have ever thought of this.

Bonus question: If in-game you were able to make/buy Sylvari Syrup™ what stat bonuses do you think it would give and would you eat it?

@BeansWithBones.4598 said:So in cannon Sylvari's blood is sap right? So technically you could totally make syrup out of it. Would different Sylvari have different tastes? I know this all sounds very Inquest but I've been thinking about this for weeks now and I wanna know if other people have ever thought of this.So it should be noted that, broadly speaking, there are two types of sap: xylem sap and phloem sap. Most syrups, from what I know, are made from xylem sap, which is the kind of sap that transfers nutrients from roots to leaves which is the kind of sap I'd imagine would replace blood.

So, theoretically, yes.

Bonus question: If in-game you were able to make/buy Sylvari Syrup™ what stat bonuses do you think it would give and would you eat it?+10% damage against Mordrem/Nightmare Court. Obviously.

Not syrup, but the finest wine you can get your hands on!

Want a invigorating zip to your drink? Try our Dawn vintage, full of energy to start your day! Beloved by Asura everywhere.Want something a bit more refreshing? Try the Noon vintage, with its notes of orange peel and coriander! A favorite amongst the Humans.Looking for something more relaxing? Then let me show you our Dusk vintage, it has lovely notes of chamomile and honey! widely sought after by many a Norn hunter to savor by the evening fire as the regal their fellow hunters with their exploits.Are you looking for something more deep and complex for your palate? Then our Night vintage is jut for you with its layers of cherry, chocolate, currant, and plum notes! We hear that Charr in particular fancy this one!

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Not syrup, but the finest wine you can get your hands on!

Want a invigorating zip to your drink? Try our Dawn vintage, full of energy to start your day! Beloved by Asura everywhere.Want something a bit more refreshing? Try the Noon vintage, with its notes of orange peel and coriander! A favorite amongst the Humans.Looking for something more relaxing? Then let me show you our Dusk vintage, it has lovely notes of chamomile and honey! widely sought after by many a Norn hunter to savor by the evening fire as the regal their fellow hunters with their exploits.Are you looking for something more deep and complex for your palate? Then our Night vintage is jut for you with its layers of cherry, chocolate, currant, and plum notes! We hear that Charr in particular fancy this one!

And you can also make vinegar and use it in salad dressings.

It is edgelord humor but kitten it BeansWithBones, I couldn't stop thinking about Sylvari metabolism and what would result from slowly heating their blood. Kitten, I may be Inquest material.

If Sylvari metabolism doesn't rely on an active supply of magic or magical organs, but on chemistry only, then their blood can't be the equivalent of sap. Sylvari physiology is too energetic and complex, simple sugars wouldn't provide enough energy to power Sylvari cell function. A more energetic compound like ATP would be required. As well, their complex physiology would demand a more complex supply of nutrients and compounds. You can only make syrup from sap that contains sugar and a low number of non-sugar compounds that could prevent sugar molecules from binding together. I imagine Sylvari blood could contain more sugar than say Charr blood but not enough to make syrup and the other compounds would prevent sugar molecules from binding.

To power Sylvari and other similar plant-like organisms with chemistry, we would have to allow such organisms to have chloroplasts and mitochondria or a third unique organelle that combines qualities of both. Such creatures can't be the equivalent of a salad or tree. If their metabolism is powered by magic then who knows.

edit: The kitten filter is not working...