Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@Solanum.6983 said:Would love to know any Updates on this too.I'm guessing it's not coming in this quarter, Can we expect it in Q4 by the end of the year?

I don't think so. The first message was just a market study to see if it was worth to developt it. Then they said that :

@Fire Attunement.9835 said: (May 21, 2020)First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.

So don't expect it in the next months (just some development information updates).

Maybe it will come out with the next expension.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:So don't expect it in the next months (just some development information updates).

Imo, it will almost definitely come as content with the new expansion, like guild halls with HoT.

I hope not. I'm crafting leg runes and acessories with that armory in mind :)

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:So don't expect it in the next months (just some development information updates).

Imo, it will almost definitely come as content with the new expansion, like guild halls with HoT.

This isn’t just a new feature, but an update to the existing template system that, mind you, was announced in the works in the forums. They would not announce expansion features ahead of an expansion. I think anet realized how horrible the template system made using legendaries and swapping between characters. It’s just not user friendly at all. It negates the usefulness that the templates provide. Adding this feature can only improve the template system and make people more willing to invest in buying more template slots. I think people are just looking into it too much and assuming a hidden agenda or it’s an expansion feature. Just my two cents.

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:This isn’t just a new feature, but an update to the existing template system that, mind you, was announced in the works in the forums. They would not announce expansion features ahead of an expansion. I think anet realized how horrible the template system made using legendaries and swapping between characters. It’s just not user friendly at all. It negates the usefulness that the templates provide. Adding this feature can only improve the template system and make people more willing to invest in buying more template slots. I think people are just looking into it too much and assuming a hidden agenda or it’s an expansion feature. Just my two cents.

The interpretation of this being expansion content is similar to Guild Halls. Pre-HoT there were no Guild Halls, and once HoT came out if you wanted one you needed HoT to be able to get one. An alternate take is Elite Specs/Revenant, where you need the Expansion to access that particular Elite Spec, but you can definitely play with just the "core" version of it too. It's an upgrade to an existing system and sometimes they've rolled those out with expansions rather than just giving it as part of the base game.

A lot of the worry of a hidden agenda (monetization mostly) is due to the template system being both lauded and reviled by different groups. By ANet mentioning the Legendary Armory will come as part of the updates to the template system we're all worrying if it'll be a good shift or a bad one. Couple that with the positive reaction (largely) that they got when announcing the concept and then being completely silent on how it will be implemented it causes a bit of concern.

This silence makes me concerned.I was more excited to hear there will be legendary armory 'with the next update', rather to hear we are going to Cantha Again... but it is too long.They probably realized, that this can be one of the CoNtEnT that would sell the new expansion. I hope its not, and we will get it in September. After the new big announcment ;)

Well, i really hoped that at this time we will have answer already for how this legendary armory will impact character looks.I have full set of legendary armor on my Chrono + many Legendary Weapons in transmuted state, it is constant appearance for that character on all Equipement Templates, unlike my Ranger who has Ascended armors and weapons in all 6 Templates.

Just recently i've decided to change armor skins on Ranger and i had to change all 6 templates one by one, also had to apply dye from screenshot.I use same skins for my Ranger in all Templates, but Gears has different stats, in all 6 templates. So instead of 6 transmutation charges i've spent 36 to get constant appearance in all 6 templates.Equipement Templates right now can be problematic with ascended gear, but now what will happen with Legendary Armory? One constant appearance for all characters of same armor type? One Weapon skin for all characters who will use same Legendary weapon?

There must be a way to seperate appearance of characters who will be using Legendary Armory and the most primary way to do so is to add Wardrobe Templates.Players will be able to simply choose skins for armors and all possible weapons for respective character and use it in same manner like outfits ( if there will be more than 1 Wardrobe Template, players will be able to store their favorites looks for respective character, for later use ). Wardrobe Template will override and will hold priority over any other skin from Equipement Template and in future Legendary Armory providing constant appearance in any situation.

Fact is, Warddrobe Templates can be added before Legendary Armory, and honestly MUST be added before Armory because Equipement Templates already problem.Without solid solution for character's appearance. use of Legendary Armory can be questionable.

I disagree. A legendary armory is not bound to appearance. Either craft ascended or more legendary armor if you want more fashion wars sets.

Just because you have an opinion on it doesn't mean that's the only course they have to take.

I'd be fine with the same appearance on all my, for example, heavy characters if that's how the armory worked, but let's be real, anet makes good bank on cosmetics and a method to manage both the legendary armory and appearances is likely.

I thought I would like to add one of my wish list here..I have about 25 (?) ish characters.. they are all customised to look unique to its look and hair style .. I would like to be able to keep the unique look while accessing the share leg equipment template please. This is quite an important part of the game for me .. I enjoy fashion war, not just that but I like to keep the unique look for each of my characters that I play. Thanks for reading.

Also Guys.. this post created by the admin. is not an announcement to tell you what they are working on is to be released soon.you can see clearly that they created the post with intention for players to provide some good input so they can take all that into consideration when they develop this template. Players are often very demanding and rude. and when they cant get what they want they turn abusive. that is really uncivilised.it is very clear that dev has a good intention to create this post so players can place their ideas and note down their wish list here for the future equipment template .. once you posted your input, leave the rest to the dev to work out what they think is best. if they are able to deliver this sooner .. great otherwise it is something they are working on.

Include ability to transmutate legendaries. This can specifically be done for trinkets also. Add a trinket “wardrobe” so you can change the icon to amy trinket you have unlocked. Make a legendary infusion that can transmutate into any infusion you unlocked. This way you can select a specific infusion look whenever you want. Also transmutating trinkets can remove the look if people do not prefer to have the looks of the trinkets.