God of WvW

yay.2856

The title has 0 prestige because as a purely grind-based achievement, 10k rank is way too easy. They should've also added 1 million kills as a requirement (UD x 4).

OR

Make meaningful rewards tied to Automated Tournaments but for 15v15 GvG, with monthly competitions with the winners of each receiving unique titles, gizmos and monetary rewards.

Obviously we all know which one we'd prefer but WvW has been in the dumpster since reward tracks, and this is better than nothing. Everyone can get this title if they want it bad enough, which is what makes it worthless. Still cool though.

@Roxory.9854 said:A title for a game mode in which that game mode does not allow titles to be shown??? I am so confused. I got to wvw rank 10,000 and all I got was a wvw title that people cannot see in wvw. Gold, armor, a pat on the back would have been better than this.... Meanwhile kick all the hardcore players of wvw right in the nuts and tell them bawahahaha your grind to 2000 and all your boosters and buffs, weeks of playing in double xp was meaningless.

Everyone else can see your title, no? You just can't see your own.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Caedmon.6798" said:an Apache helicopter of WvW ?

I think the Warclaw is more than enough mount for WvW, but dare I say your comment has me intrigued.

I believe he was referring to this.

@"aspirine.6852" said:Sounds like a title that will paint a bullseye on your head...

And the red "Diamond Legend" above your head isn't already?

@Talindra.4958 said:gratz to all who got the tittle !! :)

Thank you :D

I like to congratulate people when they celebrate a rank up. Some people feel good when they reach a new rank tier or approach a rank goal they've had. Most people scoff or ignore it, and though it's true it is a trivial achievement, for some people it's the only one they're proud of or excited about. I used to get hyped every time I approached or reached a new tier, and I still remember how good it felt, so I like to share that with the people who are doing the same.

I agree with many of the things people here are saying, and I would still love for ANet to add titles for each rank tier. But as is, I'm happy to be acknowledged for putting so much time in to WvW.I like the title, it's the only one I have that's rare, it is replacing all my Champion titles which I've been using for the last 6 years, and it's something I'm proud of achieving in my GW2 life. I honestly didn't figure it'd be even discussed when I saw it because I figured most people would just lol about it and move on.

What ever the case, cheers for the positive attitude <3 !

I've played since launch, and while I've taken some really long breaks from the game periodically, I have thousands of hours of playtime sunk into WvW.

Because a huge portion of that time was (and is) spent scouting as a sentry in a tower, keep, or garri and actively running around tracking zergs and whatnot - I only have a rank around 4200. There was a time when it was not as easy to get wxp if you were a scout like it is now: shared participation wasn't always a thing, nor was it possible to earn wxp for repairing something, and you didn't get any bonus wxp for holding an objective that was attacked if you earned wxp near it while it was contested, normally from repairing.

TL;DR -- to be a scout sucked and was and is often a thankless role where you miss out on a lot of the big fights and ktraining, especially if you're a pug scout.

I'm by no means the best scout in the game, but I can read a map and am experienced enough to be in the right place at the right time and am proficient in placing and using siege, though I'm no siege master like some players. People who play with me often regard me as one of the better scouts/roamers on our server, which makes me laugh because I'm neither, especially not an elite roamer given my class and build, but I stand out because I'm one of the few left who's stupid enough to do these little things instead of just blindly following a tag in search of "content" as some like to call it...

I did a little eotm ktraining back in the day, but nowhere near the amount that some farmed it (including guild groups with balanced compositions, fully geared out, and in comms who would go into eotm and farm upleveled pugs).

I have around 130,000+ kills with a kdr around 25:1, but when I do get to participate in big fights, I'm often missing out on kills and wxp because I'm a support class who is frequently throwing down heals, rezzing people, and doing my best to CC enemies and chase them down if they're fleeing.

I just explain all of the above because while I hardly would call myself a "God of WvW", I represent a playstyle that is likely never going to earn UD, though I'm probably considered a very skilled player for a pug, and will never earn enough wxp to be a God of WvW, though I've surely put in the time and effort many have, in fact much more so than those who just grinded their way to 10k rank in eotm or from endlessly zerging and ktraining.

Once again, anet rewards players who Zerg and blob and use cheesy means to rank up to 10k or trade kills in OS while players who play the game mode in different but legit ways get left behind.

You want to really make a change in WvW that matters, anet? A real QoL improvement that people have been requesting for years? How about making a visual icon pop up over siege that is under 30 min before it despawns so it's a lot easier for players like me to tick siege without having to click on every single piece to check how much time is left before it despawns? Even better would be a visual difference between a piece of siege that has 30+ minutes vs one that has less than 30 minutes, like looking more damaged or flashing or a big yellow icon over siege with less than 30 min left, big red icon if less than 10 min left, etc.

But since after all these years you can't even handle making T2 walls that get under 50% hp look any more damaged like T1 and T3 walls do when they get damaged under 50% hp, or ever give us any meaningful updates on stuff like alliances, why should I expect any kind of real QoL improvements except low effort, pro-blobbing and pro-ktraining crap like this "God of WvW" title nonsense?

@Zok.4956 said:

@Taylan.2187 said:A few months ago I semi-regularly started to run with zergs and use any celebration boosters I had on WvW, and am up to about 1200 already.

Thats good for you. However, I do believe that your statement is a little bit exaggerated. How long exactely did it take for you to get from WvW rank 0 to WvW rank 1200? And how many hours per day were you playing during this time constantly? Where you mainly running with a k-train zerg all the time?

Correction first of all: looks like I'm on 1050 now, for some reason I had 1200 in mind.

It's hard to tell how long it took exactly, because there are times where I play all night with a zerg, then there are times I don't log in for an entire week. I first started to run with the zerg very frequently for hours every night at the beginning of our Corona lockdown and spent all the 24-hour celebration boosters I had stashed. I think I was only about rank 200 at the beginning, and I stopped playing all that frequently after 2-3 months. In the last month I've barely been getting to the final diamond chest every week, whereas during the time I played all night I would sometimes get it the first day after reset...

Too chaotic / too many variables to make a good calculation I'm afraid.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Talindra.4958 said:gratz to all who got the tittle !! :)

I like to congratulate people when they celebrate a rank up. Some people feel good when they reach a new rank tier or approach a rank goal they've had. Most people scoff or ignore it, and though it's true it is a trivial achievement, for some people it's the only one they're proud of or excited about. I used to get hyped every time I approached or reached a new tier, and I still remember how good it felt, so I like to share that with the people who are doing the same.

I agree with many of the things people here are saying, and I would still love for ANet to add titles for each rank tier. But as is, I'm happy to be acknowledged for putting so much time in to WvW.I like the title, it's the only one I have that's rare, it is replacing all my Champion titles which I've been using for the last 6 years, and it's something I'm proud of achieving in my GW2 life. I honestly didn't figure it'd be even discussed when I saw it because I figured most people would just lol about it and move on.

What happens after 10k? I assume you still level every 5,000 exp for rewards but does it keep trak of what your true level is at least even tho no more ranks?

@Jilora.9524 said:

@"Talindra.4958" said:gratz to all who got the tittle !! :)

What happens after 10k? I assume you still level every 5,000 exp for rewards but does it keep trak of what your true level is at least even tho no more ranks?

The blue bar at the bottom of the screen still progresses and you still get chests and the notification that you have "ranked up", but it's always the same rank. It doesn't keep track of your "true" rank post-10k.

You also don't get any additional Mastery Points. Not that you could even spend them if you did since you can max everything out at like what, 1k?

@"Talindra.4958" said:gratz to all who got the tittle !! :)

The blue bar at the bottom of the screen still progresses and you still get chests and the notification that you have "ranked up", but it's always the same rank. It doesn't keep track of your "true" rank post-10k.

You also don't get any additional Mastery Points. Not that you could even spend them if you did since you can max everything out at like what, 1k?

Ok, ty. That's unfair tho if they ever increased cap and you lost all the levels you had above 10,000.

"We looked up the stats on how many rank 10,000's there were, at some point in time, I don't remember the number anymore." - Cal"There weren't that many, but I think there were more than we thought there were if that makes sense." - Ray"I wanna say it was triple digits, maybe it was high double digits, I don't remember." - Cal"LOL" - Me

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Metzie.3451" said:Who, for the love of "anything", is interested in a (10k rank) WvW title in the first place?

The people with 10k ranks.

Everytime I saw that type of thread I would say,

"Okay but increase max rank to 20k and put it there."

As you can imagine, I got no response to that rofl...

They should increase the max rank even further... Say 65535. Then when they rank up again, their rank goes to -1

@"ImperialWL.7138" said:The title has 0 prestige because as a purely grind-based achievement, 10k rank is way too easy. They should've also added 1 million kills as a requirement (UD x 4).

OR

Make meaningful rewards tied to Automated Tournaments but for 15v15 GvG, with monthly competitions with the winners of each receiving unique titles, gizmos and monetary rewards.

Obviously we all know which one we'd prefer but WvW has been in the dumpster since reward tracks, and this is better than nothing. Everyone can get this title if they want it bad enough, which is what makes it worthless. Still cool though.

Only 4 of us would have the title the first way though, and realisticly only 2 still even log in. I would rather get a different title for the million kills, but even then people would only cry and say "too grindy" "you just spam necro" "you got those kills spamming 1 on guard"

Speaking of prestige, not even god of pvp is prestigious, sorry god of wintrading or god of credit card. Also best of the best is more like best of the sellers since the first monthly.

The only prestige the titles have are given by yourself, if you know you've gotten it legitimately like me and others and deserved it, then it has a meaning.

I recently finished Ultimate Dominator and Diamond Legend. In the last year I logged over 3k wvw levels and 80k kills. That was switching to 50/50 or so zerging/roaming from mostly roaming. I run a thief 99% of the time. I wasn't in any major zerg or GvG guilds. A person focused on WvW zerging in a zerg guild with routine transfers to tier 1, can probably get there in 2-3 years with heavy play.