check line of sight of some skills

funghetto.1584

hello anet is time to fix some skills as Spectral Grasp of necro or Grasping Darkness of greatsword of reapers, seeing that those skills dont take in consideration difference in height and can pull down people from the wall especially and even if necros are below it! so difference in height.

you sorted out very fast when the skill in holosmith called Holographic Shockwave was 600 radius and especially hitting above!

regards

Spectral Grasp is a freaking projectile, with all drawbacks that projectiles have (pathing issues, reflections etc.). Of course it can pull targets from above.

Grasping Darkeness has a maximum height it can cover, which is pretty much the height of a wall, but you have to be in a perfect position. 80% of the time you try to use it, it fails as the skill travels in a fixed cone horizontally and vertically, which is hard to anticipate. You can not pull targets directly above you with it.

Besides that: so you think engineer falls behind?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnet

No projectile and unblockable. You are welcome. Happy pulling! This skill is mechanically a lot better and a lot more reliable than spectral grasp and the tool kit does even give you an additional 2 second block, so your utility skill slot is not completely wasted if the pull fails.

You can even troll people with it:Bug: Sometimes in WvW/PvP if this skill is cast from higher terrain, it causes the pulled target to fly in the air and take falling damage, occasionally killing them instantly.

Both of these skills are RNG, they'll miss more often than hit... Sometimes Spectral Grasp will fly to the face of target and you'll see 'Miss' or nothing will happen, or Grasping Darkness going through wall instead on top of it, which you'll try 5 times on the same target from the same place and your results will be all different.I would be more happy if LoS was brought back to Rangers LB skills to not hit inside kitten objective.There are more annoying pull skills in the game that are more reliable like Magnet or Temporal Curtain...

@Sarlan.7682 said:Sounds like the complain of a turret ranger that got pulled from its beloved wall one too many times /shrug

lol i like gw2 community for this reason lol i was just pointing on how stupid i think it is from a skill that is a projectile to pull down ppl from a wall. end.

i know all the mortar kit 1-5 fields that are curved projectiles so just hide in the right spot and spam stuff.i know how magnet of toolkit is lovely for beeing unblockable (but hey its one target not 5 aoe like spectral grasp or grapling darkness or like temporail curtain etc)i know the stupid lb barrage that goes through walls and gates as flamethrower as holosmith mode or some melee weapons that can hit or hey! even staff marks of necro or traps of ranger - dh if dropped well near the gate, or hey! shades of scourge too! can go on and on.

if this things happens, doesn't mean its healthy for the game. end.