WvW roaming specs, damage is sooooooo fast and hits so hard.

LaFurion.3167

@"Shiyo.3578" said:I made a thread like this after testing my deadeye build in PvP and WvW. Inside of WvW, with the EXACT same build/gear(marauder amulet in pvp)/rune and impact/force sigils on my rifle, I did 50% more damage and only had 1k more HP than my SPvP build. This is without factoring in +200 power above 90% hp utility , 100 power/70 ferocity food or using stronger runes like fireworks or scholar. I could almost one shot my marauder build using full marauder gear without food/utils - that's absurd.

Ascended gear, runes, food, utilities and ascended weapon damage bonus makes damage far too high in WvW. Roaming outside of at least 5 people is really not fun, and 1v1 is by far the worst. Every 1v1 fight I experience is me INSTANTLY dying to someone 1v1 - and I am not a bad player at PvP as this never, ever happens in SPvP( am consistently plat in PvP).

Defense is also too high, because if you stack stupid WvW runes, food(10% dr food is not ok), and minsttrel/trailblazers you're an unkillable tank.

Basically, you can't play celestial or "all around" builds. Play full DPS or full tank, no inbetween. Very binary and boring.

Exactly this. I don't agree fully, I think that the gear/food and whatnot further diversifies builds which is a good thing. But yeah, damage is too high. A marauder should not be able to kill another marauder in 2 seconds. A berserker geared player sure, but... i mean like knights armor does nothing on almost any class, the pros of going marauder far outweighs the cons. If i went knights gear on my character it would just slow me down because the toughness from it isnt as effective as it should be. I am making a commitment here (sure, not a FULL commitment, im not going for a 5k toughness war build) but it is still a decision... but its minuscule/irrelevant.

Same with my original rant about Celestial gear; it should be okay at everything but... just absolutely blows

@saerni.2584 said:

I’d be curious to hear any roamers who run around in celestial chime in to talk about their builds, assuming they exist. It’s a fun stat set to think about.

Running Celestials means coming to terms with the fact that yur build isn't meant to win fights, but outlast fights.

So in the end, it returns to what yu are intending to do in WvW.

If yur goal is flipping/holding camps, Celestial builds with a strong mix of offense and defense will be a great choice as the stats allow yu to sacrifice kill pressure for survivability, and coupled with trait choices, could make yu extremely hard to kill.

If yu aim to gank players, Celestial is pretty poor at doing that other than to drive the opponent off.

Celestial doesn't make yu a 1vX god either since yu are unable to apply kill pressure, yu can't actually force anyone down and take them out while keeping yurself alive.

Playing against skilled players is another factor here : a skilled player will know how to break down a Celestial build after a bit of fighting and will chip yur health down to force a heal before going for the kill.

@Yasai.3549 said:

I’d be curious to hear any roamers who run around in celestial chime in to talk about their builds, assuming they exist. It’s a fun stat set to think about.

Running Celestials means coming to terms with the fact that yur build isn't meant to win fights, but outlast fights.

So in the end, it returns to what yu are intending to do in WvW.

If yur goal is flipping/holding camps, Celestial builds with a strong mix of offense and defense will be a great choice as the stats allow yu to sacrifice kill pressure for survivability, and coupled with trait choices, could make yu extremely hard to kill.

If yu aim to gank players, Celestial is pretty poor at doing that other than to drive the opponent off.

Celestial doesn't make yu a 1vX god either since yu are unable to apply kill pressure, yu can't actually force anyone down and take them out while keeping yurself alive.

Playing against skilled players is another factor here : a skilled player will know how to break down a Celestial build after a bit of fighting and will chip yur health down to force a heal before going for the kill.

Yeah, I ultimately decided against making a celestial build. The stats weren’t working out. I did end up optimizing my build a bit though, which is always fun because I like to max-min my character (within self defined goals rather than just making my damage huge at the expense of HP—which is rather simple imo).

I disagree, I think that celestial should have decent pressure and decent survivability as it uses both condi and power damage. You say celestial is meant to outlast fights, but then what about tank builds like dire condi or soldiers power?

I'll just say again that I am super sad about how high damage is in the game :(

I mean I have run full valkyrie before and it means nothing, neither does soldiers (and that's only viable for a few professions. Thief on soldiers gear, dont make me laugh :(

I wish celestial would become viable. Wss thinking maybe increase the stats by 5 to 10% to keep up with the power creep of streamlined power or condi builds out there

To be honest I'm having a lot of fun on the celestial deadeye build I linked earlier. I'm still messing with things to try get the best damage out of it but as others have said, it's not for burst. I have a valk build for if I want to try for a quick kill, celestial more of a survive and wear them down type of thing which is actually what I wanted from it anyways, and it does do surprisingly decent damage on P/D once the might stacks are up. I did try celestial on engi today and it was much worse than I remember lol - maybe the difference is that deadeye has a lot more active defense and easier condi application when compared to engi?

This is the fun thing about legendary armor tho, you can try out odd builds without investing much gold or resources.

Edit; odds are celestial deadeye is working out for me because of the damage reduction inherent to the class. You get 10% reduced damage from your mark from Iron Sight, 33% reduced damage from Flickering Shadows and another 33% from the protection from M7, adds up to roughly 50% damage reduction before taking toughness and food into account. The other thing is player expectations; I WANT cele to be a significantly different way to play the class, because otherwise you're basically trying to run a glass build with inferior equipment.