God of WvW

yay.2856

80k kills in a year equals around one every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. Congratulations on wasting so much of your life on a meaningless title that others farmed and hence you are all tarred with the same brush.

If only they had copied over Guild Wars into this game, eg Guild vs Guild, the faction battles, etc then we might have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

@"Baldrick.8967" said:80k kills in a year equals around one every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. Congratulations on wasting so much of your life on a meaningless title that others farmed and hence you are all tarred with the same brush.

If only they had copied over Guild Wars into this game, eg Guild vs Guild, the faction battles, etc then we might have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

What a crappy thing to say to someone.

"You wasted time and achieved nothing."

I don't understand why some people hate this so much. There are lots of rare and/or equally pointless titles, but to some people they mean something. And you know what, even if they don't mean shit to them it still doesn't matter because it has about as much impact on the game as the dyes you choose for your armor. There's no reason for people to put others down for having something they don't, or because ANet added something that's "pointless" to some people.

I feel sorry for those of you who can't be happy for other people, and instead only care about what it means to you.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Baldrick.8967" said:80k kills in a year equals around one every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. Congratulations on wasting so much of your life on a meaningless title that others farmed and hence you are all tarred with the same brush.

What a crappy thing to say to someone.

"You wasted time and achieved nothing."

I don't understand why some people hate this so much. There are
lots
of rare and/or equally pointless titles, but to some people they mean something. And you know what, even if they
don't mean kitten
to them it still doesn't matter because it has about as much impact on the game as the dyes you choose for your armor. There's no reason for people to put others down for having something they don't, or because ANet added something that's "pointless" to some people.

I feel sorry for those of you who can't be happy for other people, and instead only care about what it means to
you.

All gaming is, by definition, a waste of time. It's what we choose to do with our time (personally I waste a lot of time gaming, but I'm at a stage in life where I can more than afford it and recognise it for what it is). It's not a matter of 'hating'. It's nothing to do with putting others down for 'having something they don't' (you might care to check who owns all the accounts btw). The titles were rendered meaningless even within the context of the game by player actions gaming the system- which was my main point. You then tried reading too much into my comments and added your own emotional layering to it.

I can be happy for other people, your assumptions say a lot more about you than they say about me, as you appear to be doing exactly what you are pointing out and feeling 'sorry' for...

@Zaraki.5784 said:Btw, if anyone is rank 10k+, how much does it cost from vendor?(Not 10k personally) it costs nothing and you can buy as many of the title as you want , not that it matters.

It's just over 3 ranks a day since the launch of the game. All I'm reading from you is "I don't have that much time commitment to the game but someone else that has it shouldn't be rewarded with anything for their extra time commitment". If you believe what you write is true, you're basically proposing what I wrote earlier, everyone with God of WvW title should have the option to have one copy of Eternity because the amount of time spent in WvW means they could have gotten it in PvE/PVP many times over (even more if you count gems to gold).

Even if farmed, it takes a long time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this. It just means that only the most dedicated of players will get the title. Keep in mind that the title has no other applications - no AP, no mastery, no rewards. It's just a title.

I've pretty much accepted that I probably won't be getting this title, but I probably won't be getting Ultimate Dominator either, and that title actually awards AP. So yeah.

@LINKAZZATORE.8135 said:

@"ImperialWL.7138" said:The title has 0 prestige because as a purely grind-based achievement, 10k rank is way too easy. They should've also added 1 million kills as a requirement (UD x 4).

OR

Make meaningful rewards tied to Automated Tournaments but for 15v15 GvG, with monthly competitions with the winners of each receiving unique titles, gizmos and monetary rewards.

Obviously we all know which one we'd prefer but WvW has been in the dumpster since reward tracks, and this is better than nothing. Everyone can get this title if they want it bad enough, which is what makes it worthless. Still cool though.

Only 4 of us would have the title the first way though, and realisticly only 2 still even log in. I would rather get a different title for the million kills, but even then people would only cry and say "too grindy" "you just spam necro" "you got those kills spamming 1 on guard"

Speaking of prestige, not even god of pvp is prestigious, sorry god of wintrading or god of credit card. Also best of the best is more like best of the sellers since the first monthly.

The only prestige the titles have are given by yourself, if you know you've gotten it legitimately like me and others and deserved it, then it has a meaning.

To be honest God of PvP is prestigious, even if /some/ players have wintraded. Usually the wintraders are kinda known. Best of the best is way less prestigious indeed, but it's still miles ahead of something like God of WvW or God of Fractals. Even if you legit get God of WvW or God of Fractals it won't be really prestigious because of the requirements for it. GvG matches being ranked and getting titles for top-positions would really be more prestigious, and it's kinda sad to see that WvW doesn't have the equivalent of sPvP in that regard, and instead Anet feeds the gamemode with stuff like God of WvW.Don't misunderstand, I guess it's better than nothing, but it's still sad/not great/whatever you wish to call it.

@Antioche.7034 said:

@"ImperialWL.7138" said:The title has 0 prestige because as a purely grind-based achievement, 10k rank is way too easy. They should've also added 1 million kills as a requirement (UD x 4).

OR

Make meaningful rewards tied to Automated Tournaments but for 15v15 GvG, with monthly competitions with the winners of each receiving unique titles, gizmos and monetary rewards.

Obviously we all know which one we'd prefer but WvW has been in the dumpster since reward tracks, and this is better than nothing. Everyone can get this title if they want it bad enough, which is what makes it worthless. Still cool though.

Only 4 of us would have the title the first way though, and realisticly only 2 still even log in. I would rather get a different title for the million kills, but even then people would only cry and say "too grindy" "you just spam necro" "you got those kills spamming 1 on guard"

Speaking of prestige, not even god of pvp is prestigious, sorry god of wintrading or god of credit card. Also best of the best is more like best of the sellers since the first monthly.

The only prestige the titles have are given by yourself, if you know you've gotten it legitimately like me and others and deserved it, then it has a meaning.

To be honest God of PvP is prestigious, even if /some/ players have wintraded. Usually the wintraders are kinda known. Best of the best is way less prestigious indeed, but it's still miles ahead of something like God of WvW or God of Fractals. Even if you legit get God of WvW or God of Fractals it won't be really prestigious because of the requirements for it. GvG matches being ranked and getting titles for top-positions would really be more prestigious, and it's kinda sad to see that WvW doesn't have the equivalent of sPvP in that regard, and instead Anet feeds the gamemode with stuff like God of WvW.Don't misunderstand, I guess it's better than nothing, but it's still sad/not great/whatever you wish to call it.

it doesn't have a pvp equivalent because it's impossible to give such a thing? there's no rank 1 wvwer, it doesn't exist even if you win gvg, you win gvg, i've played gvg for a long time, i got 1 million kills, got 10k ranks years ago.and i said god of pvp isn't prestigious because not even those that have it say it's worth anything.

if you wanna speak about relevancy, there's only community conqueror (first 5) and masters of the arena

• 1 month later...

I have plenty of GW achievements to go along with my GW2 ones. In WvW, you get credit for tagging players in large scale play so it is pretty easy to rack up a few hundred kills in a couple hours of group play when the fighting is active. No need to kill players one at a time every 2 minutes for 7 hours a day 365 days a year. As for farming for a title, I didn't. I play because I enjoy the game and I am still playing even after maxing out all the WvW achievements. God of WvW wasn't even a thing when I started or finished.

My point is that if a person wants to get a "long term" WvW title, it is still achievable just takes focus on large scale play.