Invisibility has Gotten out of Hand

Vlad Morbius.1759

Too much of it in game now, far too many classes have it and it is highly unbalanced. I'm not saying get rid of it but limit the damage you can do while invisible it is OP today and it is a ridiculously overused skill which should be a clear indication that it is too powerful. Remove things like stealth burst, how about removing boons when you go invis, there has to be a cost to this.

The main issue with stealth is that it isn't tied to any stats. Meaning that stealth can be coupled with a full berserker gear. And you got Stealth > One shot kill > Stealth > One Shot Kill > Stealth > One Shot Kill. Ontop of teleports which stealth using classes also have access to. It's a mess only liberal applications of condis can clean (and it's still messy because you need to have someone with you drawing their attention)

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:Too much of it in game now, far too many classes have it and it is highly unbalanced. I'm not saying get rid of it but limit the damage you can do while invisible it is OP today and it is a ridiculously overused skill which should be a clear indication that it is too powerful. Remove things like stealth burst, how about removing boons when you go invis, there has to be a cost to this.

GW2 has a very shallow stealth system, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like changes will be made.

The Problem is that Anet gave Stealth access to almost every class, when it was supposed to be unique to Thieves and I suppose Mesmers. Every class has some type of uniqueness to them, while ironically Thieves have had their uniqueness in Stealth stolen as well as heavily neutered, with all these abilities placing Reveal and Marked on them.

Too much stealth- People complainToo much evade- People complainToo much damage- People complainToo much mobility- People complainToo many teleports- People complainToo much blind- People complainToo many spammable skills- People complainToo much access to poison- People complainToo much condition capability- People complainAbility to Teleport allies- People Complain

People need to chill.

@AikijinX.6258 said:The Problem is that Anet gave Stealth access to almost every class, when it was supposed to be unique to Thieves and I suppose Mesmers. Every class has uniqueness to them, while ironically Thieves have had their uniqueness in Stealth stolen as well as heavily neutered, with all these abilities placing Reveal and marks on a Thief.

Too much stealth- People complainToo much evade- People complainToo much damage- People complainToo much mobility- People complainToo many teleports- People complainToo much blind- People complainToo many spammable skills- People complainToo much access to poison- People complainToo much condition capability- People complainAbility to Teleport allies- People Complain

People need to chill.

Well ele doesn't have stealth so at least there's that in your favour.

@Katelynn.6593 said:

@"AikijinX.6258" said:The Problem is that Anet gave Stealth access to almost every class, when it was supposed to be unique to Thieves and I suppose Mesmers. Every class has uniqueness to them, while ironically Thieves have had their uniqueness in Stealth
stolen
as well as heavily neutered, with all these abilities placing Reveal and marks on a Thief.

People need to chill.

Well ele doesn't have stealth so at least there's that in your favour.

Yes, hence the "almost every class" bit I said above

There isn't to much in my opinion, it just has been implemented very poorly and balanced very poorly is all. Damage should break stealth but that would mean to much work to balance the classes with it to give them more defenses to handle being exposed, so, instead it is a defensive measure as well as an offensive one. It's kind of like how necro shroud is both defense and offensive. Which is why both classes are constantly under attack on the forums. It's just ignored bad game design.

I get that Revealed is meant to counter invisible... but why cant you reveal a invisible person? or an AOE reveal (e.g. on my mark - Mark your foe for 16% vuln and reveal around your character invisible foes preventing them from cloaking. Range for the Vuln would stay but the reveal would need to come down to say 450-600)

Also... skills should not be able to remove the revealed debuff as it kills the counterplay once again.

Stealth Mechanic (in this game) IS the problem. Why?

1) You lose your target when your opponent stealth. You need to re-target when they are out of stealth. By that time you have been either blinded, stunned or daze and got hit twice or more.

2) Insane damage from Stealth is another issue. The main issue infact.

3) Stealthing Do Not break stealth even when your opponent were hit. Either by AoE or any form of dps. They will still be in stealth.

4) And as mentioned in one of the replies, stealth classes could/always teleports while in stealth. Which adds to an already broken mechanic.

5) Anet never seems to understand this since 2012. And they never will. They only understand Stealth is a defensive mechanics which infact its an abusive mechanics that they created.

So.. Dont be disheartened if you get killed by a Stealth player. Why? Cause they need these ridiculously broken mechanic (only in this Game) I listed above to win fights. Without it they are hopeless.Before anyone asked.. Yes i do have 2 mid armor classes. Ranger and Thief. But i prefer playing my Druid or SB than my Thief. Why? Cause I'm not those type of so called "Pvpers" who need great advantage to win. If i gets owned by a Non-Stealth class, hey I'll salute them cause they are really good! They will excel in any mmo as they are truely skilled players unlike those who took advantage of this broken mechanic.Lastly, do not think/hope the next expansion (Cantha) will be any different lol. It could get worse! Knowing Anet mentality regarding stealth in this game. Since 2012.

@AikijinX.6258 said:The Problem is that Anet gave Stealth access to almost every class, when it was supposed to be unique to Thieves and I suppose Mesmers. Every class has some type of uniqueness to them, while ironically Thieves have had their uniqueness in Stealth stolen as well as heavily neutered, with all these abilities placing Reveal and Marked on them.

Almost every class? How do warriors, necros, revs and guardians stealth?

@gousgou.5438 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:The Problem is that Anet gave Stealth access to almost every class, when it was supposed to be unique to Thieves and I suppose Mesmers. Every class has some type of uniqueness to them, while ironically Thieves have had their uniqueness in Stealth
stolen
as well as heavily neutered, with all these abilities placing Reveal and Marked on them.

Almost every class? How do warriors, necros, revs and guardians stealth?

guards can use rune of trapper, cant they?

@"Sobx.1758" said:If you're a skilled player you know how to properly play against stealth, those who don't aren't effective regardless but i find no joy in losing a mechanic i am adept at using. It has been a staple in the game since the onset and it needs to stay, thanks! ;)

no, if you are 'skilled' you might be able to survive. A decent stealth player just disengages at will. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Stealth is broken and must be removed from the game.

OR

speed: 10%damage: 5%no blinks, teleports etc

while in stealth.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:speed: 10%damage: 5%no blinks, teleports etc

while in stealth.

What would then be the use of stealth? Considering that stealth doesn't prevent any damage to yourself it would just turn you into a sitting duck. You might as well just use Alt+F4 if you want to lose a fight.

You haven't played one shot thief have you?I'll tell you my story. To scratch someone for like... 8-15k from backstab I'm almost full zerk. it's like 12-13k of HP, with like 0 armor. In this "red circle" AOE dmg, CC , tank condi meta it's pretty difficult to survive. stand for 1-2 seconds in these circles and you are dead. If there are 2 rangers - dead. Stealth, 2 evades, shadowstep is all I got. The cost of stealth has been increased. backstab has cd.

And yeah... thief class is predators. And yeah WvW is not walk in a park. There are many ways to play against stealth and thieves. I meet lots of good roamers out there. But you know, to be good requires some effort, dying a lot. Not everyone is ready for such things. Stealth is not a problem. May be wvw is not your type of game?

Mobility was a problem? Warr is fast now. They even added a Cat to ride... Mass reveals near claimed towers and blah blah blah. Have you tried to roam with super stealthy thief? No probably not :). To sit on your side of wvw map with deadeye might be easy task. To go out there - stealth is not most perfect thing. No one walks alone anymore. Especially in no downstate week.

Anyway I wish all good fun in WvW. Die a lot, kill a lot. Do not whack solo roamers if they just standing in a way of blob. Be polite. Salt's fun, but corpse jump or siege wall on poor invader killed by 20 persons zerg isn't.

@Turamarth.3248 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:speed: 10%damage: 5%no blinks, teleports etc

while in stealth.

What would then be the use of stealth? Considering that stealth doesn't prevent any damage to yourself it would just turn you into a sitting duck. You might as well just use Alt+F4 if you want to lose a fight.

well, it would be better than currently where stealth using classes can engage and disengage at will dishing out insane amounts of damage and just run if anything goes wrong.

Either stealth must be removed or there must be massive downsides if using it. The current system is broken. HAS BEEN broken for 8 years.

Anet loves thieves and mesmers. But stealth as it is is utterly broken and just WRONG.

@Turamarth.3248 said:

while in stealth.

Whatever its use, endless disengaging and re-stealthing in combat shouldn't be on the list. They really need to reign in stealth and teleports in this game. It's just too much.

@"Sobx.1758" said:If you're a skilled player you know how to properly play against stealth, those who don't aren't effective regardless but i find no joy in losing a mechanic i am adept at using. It has been a staple in the game since the onset and it needs to stay, thanks! ;)

Give me the source for this statement or stop lying to push your silly narrative through.

have you guys tried to find a perma stealth deadeye in fire keep lord room, that have levels, huge space? That the DE also capable to teleport in zerg from outer south or north directly to lord room?The deadeye only got caught when he lower his guard down and after more than 30 minutes fun time he have had.

"Stealth not a problem at all."

edit: if you are going to argue "DE cannot port in a zerg" , answer: "DE also capable to teleport in zerg with the help of multiple mes that port in 1st"