Guildhall instance issues

Hello. so my guild and i wish to have little guild minigames inside our guildhall.however we constantly get a 5 min timer that will close the instance whenever we join the guildhall in any group larger than a party. also Some members, after the map timer shows itself, cannot even join and are kicked out when they attempt to.

i was wondering if the community is also suffering from these weird guildhall issues, and what, if anything, can be done about it from our end.

That happens if a 6th enters the guild hall or the 5th leaves. (or 5th and 4th, don't remember the numbers without trying) Best you can do for events in the guild hall have at least 6 players inside all the time.Bit of a weird behaviour, feels like they are trying to conserve server resources by spawning a larger instance only when necessary.

@Kiza.5630 said:they are trying to conserve server resources by spawning a larger instance only when necessary.

That's close to how they've explained it.

It's supposed to open new instances at various levels of population... and use a timer before closing larger instances in favor of smaller ones. In practice, sometimes the timer doesn't reset properly, so you get the new map request triggering when people enter or leave.

If it happens again, I would try getting everyone to exit at once. Then try to get a bunch of people to enter nearly-simultaneously. If people can't get in, wait for a few minutes for the map to recognize its full, so you get the volunteer request, and new entrances end up in the new instance. The bug doesn't appear to persist for long periods, except that anything over 5 seconds seems long when you're trying to get 10+ guildies to do the same thing.

• 1 year later...