Healer, Support and Team Play thread

Lord of the Fire.6870

I wanted to say some stuff around healers and to some extend about team play and mechanics around it

1.)First I find the runes not balanced enough or better said the difference looks bigger then it is e.gSuperior Rune of the Monk:(1): +25 Healing Power(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Healing Power(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Healing Power(6): +10% Healing Effectiveness to Allies; increase outgoing healing effectiveness by 1% for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks).

vs.Superior Rune of the Rebirth(1): +25 Healing Power(2): +5% Boon Duration(3): +50 Healing Power(4): +10% Boon Duration(5): +100 Healing Power.(6): +125 Healing Power ; ignore the next lethal blow and gain a barrier. (Cooldown: 90 Seconds)

The (6) 10% Healing Effectiveness to Allies is depending on the build around 145 Healing Power. Yeah it works different but it is also confusing on top of that the last effect :increase outgoing healing effectiveness by 1% for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). is equal in average to 5.5 % increased heal. With the standard FB wvw built this is 1663 vs (1691 +5.5% = 1775) which are just 6% more heal. I think it should be more uniform the +125 because

a) % can be very fast out of controlb) people get confused when comparing the runes.c) Healing Effectiveness to Allies(only) is stupid for 30 heal more or less (there are other runes bedsides monk who have this)

2.)Okay I will talk about the usefulness of each build can't know everything so I hope some people will give input the builds I can't cover or fully.

Heal Tempest )I can't complain much about it I play it a lot the only thing positive and negative is around the stabi while the build lacks stabi during the overloads the pvp build which has very little to do with a healer has too much of it during the use of tornado https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_D/F_Auramancer.
Basically it works like we always wanted the stabi for overload to work but has lot longer duration on use this pretty broken.
For the overload basically 'harmonious conduit' should make overload pulse instead and share it on fire overload but not be there for stabi in general and for tornado increase the pulses interval to 5.(longer gap)

Heal Warrior)Im not sure about wvw or PvE but I played him since the start for months until I couldn't bear it . The build has in PvP too less heal after all the nerfs basically from top to trash.I tried many different things to save it but noway found. I still see them played in WvW I don't know where the difference is to PvP atm

Heal Renegade)Some play it in PvE raids in wvw you can play it too but condi clean with it is really hard in wvw with it the elite skills cost too much energy . On Staff Renewing Wave, Ventari Elites Natural Harmony, Purifying Essence all -5 energy cost is my suggestion.I also thought about Energy Expulsion but the math says NOOOO because you can in theory remove with it 50 condis in one go which is unlikely but well some will pull it off when you increase any number it goes straight to 100.Second thought maybe the table doesn't get destroyed as a change? The energy requirement are so hard because not only you need to heal you need also keep up alacrity and condi remove in a condi heavy meta.Before I forget the whole class can't do anything heal related underwater. -.-

Heal FB )Master of the universe no fun to the side 2 things are not fun but are more general problemsa.) Out of meta in PvP like all heal buildsb.) In PvE you use Perfect Inscription which is in the Radiance trait line which has nothing to do with heal or support besides this one trait point I will talk about it in the next section.

Heal Druid)Doesn't know much about it I know it worked until they changed Chronos SOI and aren't still being used in PvE Raids I know people tested it in wvw but I haven't heard anything after that.

[include ,more exotic builds here you may post it]

3.)I find the damage modifier on support/healer to be uneven some have +100 and the reverent has +150 fury basically , warrior , ranger, revenent. About the stats itself it is true that fury has he lowest amount in what it brings to problem is you can calculate your equip to fit with it but I must admin this is more a minor problem.How HT and FB do it is completely different which is good but it is also too much different from both sides . Basically that you need to sacrifice a elite slot and a trait point is good but it doesn't work this way

First the ones on top do it for 10 so far I know HT and FB are limited to 5Heal Tempest can only boost with Arcane Might for 2 hits and 75 fury for himself its 4 and with Elemental Surge it is another 150 fury for himselfHeal Firebrand work with Perfect Inscription which is in the Radiance trait line which isn't for heal and support at all.Basically for Ele it is in the right trait line but doesn't do much. +75 2 hits only to be used by some eles with the fractals skill reset.Firebrand works but must waste a whole trait line the reason for this is that the trait line is a believed also used by DH so basically you need the same trait in one of the minor heal trait lines. Arcane Might and Elemental Surge must work like the FB counter part and maybe increase the cap to 10.

4.)What you also could change is that all those boons and some other like Pyromancer's Puissance or Druids spirits give something in return to the 'caster' the more people are around. In Pvp it becomes very annoying when your whole team goes solo. (and lose as consequence) e.g give by boons like Spotter(+100 precision) for each player around you for up to 5 +10 precision on top of the 100. Pyromancer's Puissance could return for each player it provides with might return 2 might . Spirits would work similar or just stay longer the more are under it.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:The (6) 10% Healing Effectiveness to Allies is depending on the build around 145 Healing Power. Yeah it works different but it is also confusing on top of that the last effect :increase outgoing healing effectiveness by 1% for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). is equal in average to 5.5 % increased heal.

A single symbol or mantra application will max out the Monk rune, so you can just treat it as a fixed +20% outgoing healing when theorycrafting any kind of boon build.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:b.) In PvE you use Perfect Inscription which is in the Radiance trait line which has nothing to do with heal or support besides this one trait point I will talk about it in the next section.

I mean, you don't have to run signet-share at all. It's just a really effective group buff for Power builds. The PvE meta is maximum offensive power, which means even the supports are sacrificing some healing or protective potential for group DPS.

@ASP.8093 said:

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:The (6) 10% Healing Effectiveness to Allies is depending on the build around 145 Healing Power. Yeah it works different but it is also confusing on top of that the last effect :increase outgoing healing effectiveness by 1% for 3 seconds after granting a boon to an ally (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). is equal in average to 5.5 % increased heal.

A single symbol or mantra application will max out the Monk rune, so you can just treat it as a fixed +20% outgoing healing when theorycrafting any kind of boon build.

??? not really it will increase 1 step per giving boon at lest this is the way it works for me since forever and then after it hit max of 10 it will reset itself . (this is also what the text says) So it is very random by nature . Okay you can think about I use empowering, stabi , ageis then book 3 yes this will max it out but then when you go book 2 it will certainly reset itself during it.@ASP.8093 said:

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:b.) In PvE you use Perfect Inscription which is in the Radiance trait line which has nothing to do with heal or support besides this one trait point I will talk about it in the next section.

I mean, you don't
have to
run signet-share at all. It's just a really effective group buff for Power builds. The PvE meta is maximum offensive power, which means even the supports are sacrificing some healing or protective potential for group DPS.

Well it called Meta and I find it good that every build contribute something to the team DPS in this case it is just clunky

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

??? not really it will increase 1 step per giving boon at lest this is the way it works for me since forever and then after it hit max of 10 it will reset itself . (this is also what the text says) So it is very random by nature . Okay you can think about I use empowering, stabi , ageis then book 3 yes this will max it out but then when you go book 2 it will certainly reset itself during it.

It counts each and every single boon stack separately with no ICD. Even just casting Mantra of Potence with no one else around will give you 6 monk-rune stacks. Empower with even just two other people in range will max it out on the first tick, guaranteeing they get the full buff from all subsequent ticks. Et cetera.

Try it out!

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

I mean, you don't
have to
run signet-share at all. It's just a really effective group buff for Power builds. The PvE meta is maximum offensive power, which means even the supports are sacrificing some healing or protective potential for group DPS.

Well it called Meta and I find it good that every build contribute something to the team DPS in this case it is just clunky

You can play Valor or Virtues instead, then. In my experience, no group that actually wants a Healbrand in the first place will complain about this.