Arenanet vs PvP

Redead.3016

This looks good. A lot of the PvP suggestion threads are filled with hope, and that’s good.

I’m just concerned that the overall impression ANet is extruding, in my experience, is just the skilful use of “low population” as an excuse to not change anything, instead of addressing it as a problem and actively changing things up to breathe some life back into the mode. It’s a 7-year old game with a combat system that is incredibly addicting and with just some pushes could be deep enough for people who love fighting games.

People don’t keep coming back for nothing, but they can’t always come back to literally nothing.

@Ralkuth.1456 said:This looks good. A lot of the PvP suggestion threads are filled with hope, and that’s good.

I’m just concerned that the overall impression ANet is extruding, in my experience, is just the skilful use of “low population” as an excuse to not change anything, instead of addressing it as a problem and actively changing things up to breathe some life back into the mode. It’s a 7-year old game with a combat system that is incredibly addicting and with just some pushes could be deep enough for people who love fighting games.

People don’t keep coming back for nothing, but they can’t always come back to literally nothing.

This 100%Even the players say it's to be expected due to low population and low income value and that not a good way to look at it as why would u as a player invest time in a game u expect little out of. How is the population gonna increase or the revenue from pvp increase if they aren't going to take action to try and bring people Into the modes. If they continue it's just gonna keep bleeding players like me for example as I've played this game for 4 yrs and loved it but now it's boring and stale so I left and now the only gw action I get is forum action lol

@Ralkuth.1456 said:I’m just concerned that the overall impression ANet is extruding, in my experience, is just the skilful use of “low population” as an excuse to not change anything, instead of addressing it as a problem and actively changing things up to breathe some life back into the mode.People don’t keep coming back for nothing, but they can’t always come back to literally nothing.

This, 1000%. I really want to like this mode. I really want to like GW2 for the PVP.The devs have the right idea with elite specs having tradeoffs, but they need to look at the wide scope of the game, look at how all the classes interact with one another and adjust where classes can overperform in 1v1 and in support scenarios, then look into supporting solo players and team players in the same space.

• 10 months later...

@MySelfesteem.3129 said:I haven't logged in to play GW2 since 2012 and boy am I glad.... Looks like things just gone from bad to worse.. it's a shame. It used to be my favorite game.

Yeah unfortunately the devs are tanking their own game, at least regarding its pvp modes which is unfortunate cuz it's the one mmo that had great potential for it.

Nice necro.. but we still have no new mode or GvG the staple of the franchise that made GW huge in the pvp scene in the first place. kek.

I think we would even settle for HA, JQ, FA, anything than circle wars.

I do believe they were on the right track with stronkhold but to blatantly give up and just brush it aside like the rest of their content is just sad, 0 effort from these devs lol.