Any idea on "Confer with Bangar"?

Ashantara.8731

@Ashantara.8731 said:People speculated that it would be a weekly reset thing, but it obviously isn't.

Perhaps we are missing something important here? Any ideas?

The fact that it resets weekly does not necessarily mean it does so at weekly reset. The patch launched Tuesday, so at the earliest people will be able to talk to him a second time tomorrow, not today. In other words, you need to count from the moment you talked to him.

@Jilora.9524 said:Yeah commenting in the bug section then make a whole new thread 5 minutes later going to answer this question

I don't think it belongs in the Bugs section, that's why I created a Living World discussions thread. Anything else?

@Randulf.7614 said:Maybe it’ll reset Tues instead for the full week cycle

Hmm, that could be it. We'll know by tomorrow, thanks. :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Yeah commenting in the bug section then make a whole new thread 5 minutes later going to answer this question

I don't think it belongs in the Bugs section, that's why I created a Living World discussions thread. Anything else

No nothing else. Anyone who's been checking was using that thread and even confirmed it's weekly in that thread so let's at least wait a week and not create a second thread I have to check on for info.

Just posted a thread in Lore but think this may be what is happening:

You can see the steps through GW2 Companion App which uses API to gather the achievement information. Read below for spoilers!

! Check in with Bangar at the Eye of the North! Bangar's rebuke! Bangar's ego! Rytlock speaks his mind.! Aurene Versus Jormag.! Jormag's secret.! Crecia weighs in.! Jormag's enemy.

! Seems to be steps in-between releases. More will be released at some point in the future. Possibly not weekly but in chunks? Also, it could be between ep 4 and 5, ep 5 and 6, etc. all the way to the end of IBS. Remember, Bangar is a permanent addition to the Eye of the North now, so it could be drawn out. Time to speculate!

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Just posted a thread in Lore but think this may be what is happening:

You can see the steps through GW2 Companion App which uses API to gather the achievement information. Read below for spoilers!

! Check in with Bangar at the Eye of the North! Bangar's rebuke! Bangar's ego! Rytlock speaks his mind.! Aurene Versus Jormag.! Jormag's secret.! Crecia weighs in.! Jormag's enemy.

! Seems to be steps in-between releases. More will be released at some point in the future. Possibly not weekly but in chunks? Also, it could be between ep 4 and 5, ep 5 and 6, etc. all the way to the end of IBS. Remember, Bangar is a permanent addition to the Eye of the North now, so it could be drawn out. Time to speculate!

Hmm. We don't have that many releases left, though, until the finale of the Icebrood Saga - so I wonder when we will be able to acquire all the above information.

Unless they intend to keep Bangar in that cage till the next expansion comes out.

I hope they learn from our complaints and do not use these endless achievements next time. It's a very bad test how long timegates could be stretched. We already had weekly timegates, but this is a new dimension. Think in a few months nobody will visit Bangar again when the second talk is finally possible.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:Just posted a thread in Lore but think this may be what is happening:

Hmm. We don't have that many releases left, though, until the finale of the Icebrood Saga - so I wonder when we will be able to acquire all the above information.

Unless they intend to keep Bangar in that cage till the next expansion comes out.

Yeah but some steps could come out together. Look for next week when the Festival comes. Perhaps they will have something come out then?

@Galmac.4680 said:I hope they learn from our complaints and do not use these endless achievements next time. It's a very bad test how long timegates could be stretched. We already had weekly timegates, but this is a new dimension. Think in a few months nobody will visit Bangar again when the second talk is finally possible.

There was the year-long collection, previously. This one will probably be less.

Anyone happen to know if this 2nd conversation kicked off any sort of hidden new achievement?

In the coming weeks it says. New parts need to unlock first and then eventually you get a new set of achievements to do. That’s what I take from it.