Which Class Fits Best?

Hello!

I'm starting a new character, and I want to base them off an old OC of mine. So, i'm trying to find a class that would fit her fighting style.

Her fighting style:

• Great shot with a pistol - it's a big part of her storyline.
  • some hand-to-hand skills. Tends to fight dirty (more bar brawl than martial arts).
  • Good at axe throwing - she used to do it as a bar sport.
  • her brain (cunning and clever, a think-on-her-feet type; mix Indiana Jones with Han Solo)
  • sheer amount of hidden weapons. Pistol up her sleeve, blinding powders, knives everywhere - if you asked her to unarm herself, it'd take a good five minutes.
  • Will take anything within reach and turn it into a weapon. Lamp? Now it's a people whacker. cleaning supplies? Homemade bomb. Kitchen knife? People opener.
  • She's also just the mechanic / redneck type - she can fix just about everything. Give her enough duct tape and time, and anything possible. She can take apart, clean, and put back together her pistol with her eyes closed.

Does anyone have a class that would fit this style? I haven't played in ages, and while i bought both expansions i dont know most of the new classes. Maybe Scrapper? Is that viable?

Any advice would be great, thank you! Sorry if this is a odd request

Probably Thief (maybe Daredevil elite spec)orEngi core or scrapper elite

though none of those will check all of that points.

There isn't a single class that has access to pistols and axes as far as i know.

Would suggest just make a char, bring it to heart of the mists (pvp lobby), and check the skills/animation against the npc. some dmg-coeffiecents are different to pve (e.g. cc skills will do literally no dmg at all in pvp areas), but the core funcionality should be almost identical. that way you can as well test the elite specs without having to level a char, as they are unlock by default in pvp (if you have the expansion?)

The only profession which can use an axe and a pistol is the Mirage. The mirage does blind and confuse people and make clones of itself to ambush its targets.

However, based on everything you said I would still go with Thief - Daredevil. The staff is a very nice weapon on thief and close to a agile brawler you can get in this game. Also like mentioned, thief uses a lot of dirty tactics like blinds and traps and steals improvised weapons from enemies.Also daredevil gives you the Fist Flurry skill which is a hand-to-hand animation.

The Hidden pistol is actually a Charr racial skill, so consider that.

The storyline part of being a mechanic is more suited to an engineer, which also has access to dual pistol just like a thief.

So seems your choice is between daredevil and engineer?

I know I'm late to this, But I'll suggest Daredevil (Theif).

Great shot with a pistol - it's a big part of her storyline.Thief can use pistol as both a mainhand weapon and offhand. It tends to be an important addition for both power and condi builds.

some hand-to-hand skills. Tends to fight dirty (more bar brawl than martial arts).There isn't much hand-to-hand fighting in this game, but the daredevil elite spec gains access to physical skills, 3 of which are hand-to-hand.

Good at axe throwing - she used to do it as a bar sport.Sadly, only Warrior and (mostly) Ranger throw axes. However, Daredevil has access to quite a few variations of throwing knives/daggers.

her brain (cunning and clever, a think-on-her-feet type; mix Indiana Jones with Han Solo)Fits Thief/Daredevil to a T.

sheer amount of hidden weapons. Pistol up her sleeve, blinding powders, knives everywhere - if you asked her to unarm herself, it'd take a good five minutes.Thief traits/utilities definitely fit in line with most of this description.

Will take anything within reach and turn it into a weapon. Lamp? Now it's a people whacker. cleaning supplies? Homemade bomb. Kitchen knife? People opener.While there are environmental weapons you can pick up on occasion, everyone can do this, so it's not unique to any one profession. However, if you want to really stick with this theme, check out the Improvised weapon skin collection.

She's also just the mechanic / redneck type - she can fix just about everything. Give her enough duct tape and time, and anything possible. She can take apart, clean, and put back together her pistol with her eyes closed.This sounds more like an Engineer. But it wouldn't be out of the question for a Thief to have such talents too.

Warrior also matches quite a few of your points, but does not yet have access to a pistol, or much in the way of hidden weapons.Scrapper (Engineer) also comes somewhat close They do not have throwing weapons (unless you can 1 skill on a shield), and their "hand-to-hand" only comes in the form of a hammer, or using Elixir X to gain Rampage.

@"Razor.9872" said:I know I'm late to this, But I'll suggest Daredevil (Theif).

Great shot with a pistol - it's a big part of her storyline.Thief can use pistol as both a mainhand weapon and offhand. It tends to be an important addition for both power and condi builds.

some hand-to-hand skills. Tends to fight dirty (more bar brawl than martial arts).There isn't much hand-to-hand fighting in this game, but the daredevil elite spec gains access to physical skills, 3 of which are hand-to-hand.

Good at axe throwing - she used to do it as a bar sport.Sadly, only Warrior and (mostly) Ranger throw axes. However, Daredevil has access to quite a few variations of throwing knives/daggers.

her brain (cunning and clever, a think-on-her-feet type; mix Indiana Jones with Han Solo)Fits Thief/Daredevil to a T.

sheer amount of hidden weapons. Pistol up her sleeve, blinding powders, knives everywhere - if you asked her to unarm herself, it'd take a good five minutes.Thief traits/utilities definitely fit in line with most of this description.

Will take anything within reach and turn it into a weapon. Lamp? Now it's a people whacker. cleaning supplies? Homemade bomb. Kitchen knife? People opener.While there are environmental weapons you can pick up on occasion, everyone can do this, so it's not unique to any one profession. However, if you want to really stick with this theme, check out the

She's also just the mechanic / redneck type - she can fix just about everything. Give her enough duct tape and time, and anything possible. She can take apart, clean, and put back together her pistol with her eyes closed.This sounds more like an Engineer. But it wouldn't be out of the question for a Thief to have such talents too.

Warrior also matches quite a few of your points, but does not yet have access to a pistol, or much in the way of hidden weapons.Scrapper (Engineer) also comes somewhat close They do not have throwing weapons (unless you can 1 skill on a shield), and their "hand-to-hand" only comes in the form of a hammer, or using Elixir X to gain Rampage.

Thank you so much! I think thief fits her best - she's tiny and i don't think she could fight with a hammer, lol. Thank you so much for the in-depth answer!Also, i am def getting the improvised dagger skin it's perfect!