Chaos Shield Skin?

I love the look of the Chaos shield skin, but this is selling for 280 gold and I'm like.. holy crap.. I see there are 6 of them available for sale, so does this mean they drop occasionally? Anyone know who/what drops this? I would buy it for real money (gems) if it was on Black Lion, but they only have the gloves at the moment. Is there an NPC someplace that sells this, or maybe the whole armor set? I tried Lions Arch in the historic archives thing, but no luck.

@MotorBiker.3745 said:I love the look of the Chaos shield skin, but this is selling for 280 gold and I'm like.. holy kitten.. I see there are 6 of them available for sale, so does this mean they drop occasionally? Anyone know who/what drops this? I would buy it for real money (gems) if it was on Black Lion, but they only have the gloves at the moment. Is there an NPC someplace that sells this, or maybe the whole armor set? I tried Lions Arch in the historic archives thing, but no luck.

They were on Black Lion Weapons merchant in the past, and probably still are, but for increased ticket cost. All premium weapon skins are RNG, the reliable way to get them is to buy them off the Trading Post for alot of gold, which depends on supply & demand.

Sometimes the devs bring them back for 1 Black Lion Ticket occasionally.

Beware, 280g for an item is rather low for this game. You can make that gold in just a few days, as high-level farms are in excess of 20g/hr, sometimes up to 30g/hr depending on the econemy, so about two days of heavy farming.

Many players walk around with that much in their material storage, you can use GW2Efficiency to check.

Also, in this game shields are weapons, not armor. There's no matching armor set; Chaos Gloves are a completely different item that just happens to share the name. What you're probably looking for is Radiant armor from achievement chests.

This weapon set was added in the The Dragon's Reach: Part 2 release.

Going by GW2TP https://www.gw2tp.com/item/67051-chaos-shield-skin?full=1, and assuming that price drops indicate availability via claim tickets and thus new supply into the game economy, the set was made available the last times on the:

• Tue April 19, 2016
  • Tue April 18, 2017
  • Tue April 10, 2018
  • Tue April 9, 2019
  • Tue April 21, 2020

As such your possible approach to getting this skin is:

• farm/acquire the necessary gold to buy it off the trading post
  • wait for the set to become available once again via claim tickets, then either acquire it via tickets or ideally cheaper off the trading post

Using the statuettes, the worst-case scenario for obtaining those is having to open 50 black lion chests (sometimes you get two statuettes, I'm ignoring that).To open 50 chests, you need 50 keys. 50 black lion chest keys are 25 for 2100 gems, so you would need 4200 gems to get 50 keys. With a gold-to-gems conversion rate of 23 gold, 60 silver for 100 gems, you would need just over 9900 in-game gold to purchase 50 keys.To buy the 50 keys with real money, you would need to spend $60 of real money (USD) to buy the 4800 gems needed (Anet don't let you buy specific amounts of gems, so you need the 4000 gem purchase and the 800 gem purchase).To get the keys for free, you can do map completion for places like Timberline Falls - and you get the chance of a key as a reward for completing the map. I don't know the probability for getting a key from map completion, but assume - for argument's sake - it's 1 in 4. So you would need to complete 200 maps to get 50 keys.There is also key farming on a character once a week. Finishing the story that starts at level 10 nets you a guaranteed key in the final reward. So that would be 50 run-throughs of the level-10 story. Assuming you do this on 2 characters every week, that would get you 50 keys in 25 weeks.

tl;dr: buy it off the TP.