PSA: Holo still exists

Holo is certainly far less dumb than core necro and condi herald , especially the latter is far more oppressive and resilient than a holo in the right hands , if we consider PvP only then, core necro and condi herald are still an issue far more apparent, if we consider other gamemodes like WvW.....then those two specs jump tenfold on the problematic scale like in WvW condi herald is borderline broken, busted and abusive.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Its been too long since someone complained about how dumb holo is right now. Well, they are still dumb. Also please remove flashbang thanks.I completely agree with this.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Holo is certainly far less dumb than core necro and condi herald , especially the latter is far more oppressive and resilient than a holo in the right hands , if we consider PvP only then, core necro and condi herald are still an issue far more apparent, if we consider other gamemodes like WvW.....then those two specs jump tenfold on the problematic scale like in WvW condi herald is borderline broken, busted and abusive.

This is mostly true except, I can still kill a Core Necro or Condi Rev occasionally. Nade Holos run STRAIGHT at you unleashing stupid amounts of damage at range or melee and completely ignore any conterpressure. If you're good enough to survive for a 60-90sec, you're out of options and you lose OR your team shows up and the Holo simply disengages with Elixir X or stealth. It's ridiculous.

I've been playing since launch and literally my ONLY complaint about this game is their apparent permanent blind spot to PVP Balancing. There is always a broken class. ALWAYS. Doesn't make sense to me.

Holo doesn't ignore counter pressure, Good thieves, any reaper with 2 arms and power revs can insta delete you.

Holo is kind of where I'd like to see other glassy "casters"(grenade mage c'mon) at. So scepter ele and mesmer should be buffed to slightly below holosmiths level and holo nerfed a bit(EE/flash bang)

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Holo doesn't ignore counter pressure, Good thieves, any reaper with 2 arms and power revs can insta delete you.

Holo is kind of where I'd like to see other glassy "casters"(grenade mage c'mon) at. So scepter ele and mesmer should be buffed to slightly below holosmiths level and holo nerfed a bit(EE/flash bang)

Funny to think that you are the same person who proposed not too long ago that we should take away all toolbelt skills from holosmith.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Holo doesn't ignore counter pressure, Good thieves, any reaper with 2 arms and power revs can insta delete you.

Funny to think that you are the same person who proposed not too long ago that we should take away all toolbelt skills from holosmith.

can you tell they are playing holo now? lol

@MementoMortis.4258 said:I've been playing since launch and literally my ONLY complaint about this game is their apparent permanent blind spot to PVP Balancing. There is always a broken class. ALWAYS. Doesn't make sense to me.

As someone who has played a fair share of competetive fighters and MOBAs, that's to be expected. Every game is going to have its top tiers. What we try to push for is a game where the gap between the best class and the worst class is as small as possible. Ideally without compromising what made your game fun in the first place.

Anet doesn't get enough credit on that regard. They've toned down the top tier builds in this game enough that you can at least outplay them on weaker builds. Some matchups will feel more like uphill battles than others, but that's also to be expected.

As a fire weaver, I can delete a holo if I have time to prepare my glyph of elemental power. The burst from two glyph actives is enough to force out cooldowns from the holo and give me the upper hand in the fight. The meta build doesn't have the best cleanse in the world and focus has enough projectile hate to negate their nade burst.

None of these facts change the fact that holo is top tier, but it at least suggests that they're not leagues ahead of everyone else.

Why do players post titles like this? Of course it still exists, why wouldn't it? A lot of players enjoy the class and that's great, deleting holo or nerfing the build to a unviable state would be over all bad for the game and it's already small playerbase. A tittle like holo could use another small shave would be better no?