Could we please have a catch up with our Warband? [Potential spoilers]

Khanco.1584

I'm a Charr main and for the longest time I've been hoping for our character to be able to have new interactions with their old Warband as part of the plot. So it did feel like somewhat of a gut punch when three of them turned up in No Quarter as mere loot pinatas that the player character doesn't even acknowledge. It's been drilled home pretty hard in the story that to a Charr their Warband is one of the most important things in the world, and yet the story really hasn't paid any attention to the player Charr and their connection to their own.

With the current break in the plot, and the mention of possibly returning to some LWS1 styles of storytelling, could we please just have a scene where we're able to catch up and mourn the loss of one of our own? I'm not asking for some fully voiced cutscene, it could easily work as a Charr-specific section of a more general scene, say for example a potential memorial to Smodur back in the Black Citadel. I appreciate that it's hard to account for every single option that can be picked for the personal story but it would at least lend a sense of closure if they were to simply appear at all in some capacity.

We meet our old sparring partner in the United Legions camp and I expect that's all we're going to see on that.Edit: Once you've killed them for loot, some of your old warband mates happen to leave a note behind detailing what they had been up to until they started rolling with the Bangar wagon. Most people miss it because it's among the loot chests and the next boss is already under attack across the map...

@Harak.8397 said:We meet our old sparring partner in the United Legions camp and I expect that's all we're going to see on that.Edit: Once you've killed them for loot, some of your old warband mates happen to leave a note behind detailing what they had been up to until they started rolling with the Bangar wagon. Most people miss it because it's among the loot chests and the next boss is already under attack across the map...

The addition of the sparring partner felt rather low effort to be honest, the same conversation copy pasted between all of them regardless of their own personalities. No showboating from Maverick, no dim comments from poor old Dinky

The journal entries were a nice touch, especially since we had nothing when they were first added as Keepers (even though they just make Luccia's dedication to the Dominion even more unbelievable), but they still don't explain why my Charr Commander just killed their own 'Bandmate for a handful of greens and didn't even bat an eye. If the plot is going to drive home just how strongly Charr feel for their Warbands I'd like to see my own character act in the same way

@Khanco.1584 said:

@Harak.8397 said:We meet our old sparring partner in the United Legions camp and I expect that's all we're going to see on that.Edit: Once you've killed them for loot, some of your old warband mates happen to leave a note behind detailing what they had been up to until they started rolling with the Bangar wagon. Most people miss it because it's among the loot chests and the next boss is already under attack across the map...

The addition of the sparring partner felt rather low effort to be honest, the same conversation copy pasted between all of them regardless of their own personalities. No showboating from Maverick, no dim comments from poor old Dinky

The journal entries were a nice touch, especially since we had nothing when they were first added as Keepers (even though they just make Luccia's dedication to the Dominion even more unbelievable), but they still don't explain why my Charr Commander just killed their own 'Bandmate for a
handful of greens
and didn't even bat an eye. If the plot is going to drive home just how strongly Charr feel for their Warbands I'd like to see my own character act in the same way

How do charr treat warband mates that betrayal them and follow Bangar who is going after an Elder Dragon. My guess, like the game has shown, rather swiftly.

Also other races don’t have huge mentions either with their PS choices, but rather get nods, just like the mentions of humans following Kormir and Balthazar, or the Spirits of the Wild and the Norn.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Harak.8397" said:We meet our old sparring partner in the United Legions camp and I expect that's all we're going to see on that.Edit: Once you've killed them for loot, some of your old warband mates happen to leave a note behind detailing what they had been up to until they started rolling with the Bangar wagon. Most people miss it because it's among the loot chests and the next boss is already under attack across the map...

The journal entries were a nice touch, especially since we had nothing when they were first added as Keepers (even though they just make Luccia's dedication to the Dominion even more unbelievable), but they still don't explain why my Charr Commander just killed their own 'Bandmate for a
handful of greens
and didn't even bat an eye. If the plot is going to drive home just how strongly Charr feel for their Warbands I'd like to see my own character act in the same way

How do charr treat warband mates that betrayal them and follow Bangar who is going after an Elder Dragon. My guess, like the game has shown, rather swiftly.

Also other races don’t have huge mentions either with their PS choices, but rather get nods, just like the mentions of humans following Kormir and Balthazar, or the Spirits of the Wild and the Norn.

Depends on the warband and the bond they made. Sometimes the environment feels so tense there happens to be some disputes, or even death threats between warband members even if it isn't anything that threatens the legion's integrity. And other times the warband had formed a decent bond with eachother that a betrayal would be seen as something unbelievable that would make some charr try to make them get back into senses.

The warband members that defected and got killed were mostly minor characters that joined just as plot armor for your character (to avoid becoming gladium, and to "form up a warband") no bond was really made since the to-be commander maybe spent a month or two with their newly formed warband. In my case, I was surprised when I saw Luccia as one of the bosses, and even luccia said in her note that she barely knew the boss (leggionaire) before they left, would be nice if in the future Anet decided to add a small exclusive line for ash, iron and blood legion charr respectively saying something like "Luccia, why?" when you get near, or when you defeat them. Something like when your character says "What the..?" when the Legendary Executioner appears after killing a champ bandit in Kryta.