Mystery of the Hidden Tower (bug?)

I've been completing the light puzzles in Bjora Marches and have come across what I assume is an issue.At the end, I receive the message informing that I've completed the puzzle and the chest spawn's in the middle.However, I can't open it. I've tried logging out and back in and still the same problem.I have the correct Essence unlock because I've been able to open the same type of chests (the green ones) elsewhere. But for some reason, I can't open any of the final chests in the light puzzles.imgur.com/19V8p44

As you can see in the picture, whenever I hit INTERACT a dialogue box is trying to come up.

I don't know for 100% certainty that this is a bug. If not, can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

The first thing I thought of was Essence Tier, but I did some Light Puzzles and didn't have any issues opening Chests. Pretty sure I got Tier 3 afterwards, but perhaps not.

Regardless, I'm fairly certain the Devs said anyone could open Tier 3 Chests as long as the account had at least Tier 1 completed. Just that the rewards would be different. (Per Guild Chat.)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've experienced the same bug today; this time however within the "Fallen Mountains" light puzzle. I'd completed both of the "sub puzzles" within the larger puzzle, granting me completion and the presentation of the large chest. However, I experienced what others have described as a "ping" of my currency in the center left of my screen before quickly dissapearing. Before this, I'd completed a larger light puzzle in the map without issues opening the chest. I have Essence of Resilience Tier 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticed my Luminiferous achievement wasn't complete so I went and did all the light puzzles again. Could have sworn that I had done several of these in the past already.

Today I was at 10/11 and all I had left was "Lighting the Hidden Tower". Completed both light puzzles in that jumping puzzle and I saw a message pop up. Went to open the chests expecting my achievement to hit 11/11 but nope. Still at 10/11 as if I never completed the puzzle. Do I need to do this 3 times before it actually counts or something? All the other light puzzles counted the first time I did them.

Went back in a second time and did the light puzzles again but apparently you can only do it once and I still didn't get my main achievement done because for some reason it's not counting the one inside the jumping puzzle atm.

~~This really sucks as I'm currently starved for Mastery Points now that ArenaNet put them behind achievements. :s ~~

Don't mind me! I was doing the wrong puzzle!! There was another one south of Eagle's Shrine (the one with the strong winds) that had 3 stages (spiders and skelk). At first I only did the top two stages but then noticed there was poison and skelk down below. Completing that got me the Luminiferous achievement as well as the Hidden Tower 1/3. :p

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Still bugged for me, the final green haloed chest appears but can't interact with it, a faint overlay appears/disappears in a few ms, and the "Lighting the Hidden Tower" item is not marked as completed in the "Luminiferous" achievement. Exiting/reentering the puzzle area and logging out/back in does not solve this.

• 5 months later...

I have also tried this puzzle a few times, and it still won't open the chest. I have the right mastery, and I can interact with the chest but it will not open, BUT also when I hit interact or hit F there is a brief moment when my amount of krama and coin shows up, for a split second, not sure why, just says it's available next to my amount of gold.