Strikes turning into Raid 2.0.....

@Ooops.8694

Very true. Kinda like seeing some funny post in the lfg. Having an open group in the past has usually led to Titanic time wasting. Think getting stuck on sirens reef t4. Fracs are just a way to get fast gold and trinkets needed for raiding. Wasting time in fracs is real painful especially with pots and good burning on each run. strikes are the same way. Couple of our healers are burning one or two gold an hour on food, so fast clears are a must.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:Couldn't agree more. The usual forums complainers certainly made sure to turn Strike discussions into Raid discussions 2.0.

Not more raids being developed , a casual playerbase surely doesn't need the toxicity of raid players , that toxicity did cost you dearly now...hope you lot "pro players" are happy now

The only toxicity in regards to raids that I see are from those that call raiders toxic. “Toxic casual” is a real thing.

Players that want to play with others with the same mentality as them are not toxic. Those wanting to force other players to play with them are toxic. Those joining groups that they do not meet the requirements for, get kicked as a result, and then complain/demonize those players for it are toxic.

As has been the case since the beginning of the game when we saw similar complaints about LFG,
you’re always free to create your own LFG and play with those that have the same mindset as you (e.g. casual, no meta, whatever).

If you have standards...then
put the requirements in the LFG
! Right now there are "Tags" who display : LFG for more and you join with makeshift DPS build, no raid material but not even a so called leecher, you may not reach 35k snowcrow benchmark table..but you do enough to earn Gold reward and yet.....people then complain saying you're leeching? If you're dying to use ArcDPS...put the LI req and spare people your toxicity

I see....you don't find players fast enough with your LI reqs? No I don't try to join your l33t team with LI reqs....
you ask for normal players while secretly using ArcDPS
then throwing a tantrum if the DPS not up with your speed run standards

I have yet to see a group like that and I’m willing to bet that they’re far from the norm. There are certainly toxic raiders just as there are toxic casuals. Neither of these represent their respective groups.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:Couldn't agree more. The usual forums complainers certainly made sure to turn Strike discussions into Raid discussions 2.0.

Not more raids being developed , a casual playerbase surely doesn't need the toxicity of raid players , that toxicity did cost you dearly now...hope you lot "pro players" are happy now

The only toxicity in regards to raids that I see are from those that call raiders toxic. “Toxic casual” is a real thing.

Players that want to play with others with the same mentality as them are not toxic. Those wanting to force other players to play with them are toxic. Those joining groups that they do not meet the requirements for, get kicked as a result, and then complain/demonize those players for it are toxic.

As has been the case since the beginning of the game when we saw similar complaints about LFG,
you’re always free to create your own LFG and play with those that have the same mindset as you (e.g. casual, no meta, whatever).

! Right now there are "Tags" who display : LFG for more and you join with makeshift DPS build, no raid material but not even a so called leecher, you may not reach 35k snowcrow benchmark table..but you do enough to earn Gold reward and yet.....people then complain saying you're leeching? If you're dying to use ArcDPS...put the LI req and spare people your toxicity

I see....you don't find players fast enough with your LI reqs? No I don't try to join your l33t team with LI reqs....

I stopped making all welcome groups because I got toxic people who would leech the first 3 bosses, barely doing more than autoattacking then leave before the 'challenging' ones in a all strike lfg. Now I ask for kp. Groups take about 5 mins more to fill but people actually contribute, and dont leave halfway.

I have had many many people join, refuse to ping kp and then flame me in whisper and map chat though. Compared to the 2-3 toxic raiders who didnt think the group was good enough back when i ran all welcome. In my experience toxic casuals are far more common and have made my experience much worse than toxic raiders, along with driving me away from accepting new players.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:

I stopped making all welcome groups because I got toxic people who would leech the first 3 bosses, barely doing more than autoattacking then leave before the 'challenging' ones in a all strike lfg. Now I ask for kp. Groups take about 5 mins more to fill but people actually contribute, and dont leave halfway.

I have had many many people join, refuse to ping kp and then flame me in whisper and map chat though. Compared to the 2-3 toxic raiders who didnt think the group was good enough back when i ran all welcome. In my experience toxic casuals are far more common and have made my experience much worse than toxic raiders, along with driving me away from accepting new players.

I agree leeches are a big factor is how we structure our t4 and raids. Cm and t4 first then the easy stuff. This avoids leeches wanting easy carry.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Trash attitude..worst ever behavior...elitism and the typical one fail=instant disband...all the elements that keep players away from raids and now you find those same elements even in EoTN. It's really a shame as I was having fun with strikes...sadly these days that 's what you get and find in this kind of modes

People are away from raids because they cannot bother to put in effort to do the content, since it's actually super easy to get into raids and you'll find tons of help for it. It's their own lazyness and unwillingness to contribute that keeps them away. That's it.Same happens in strikes, you have people willing to do the content correctly and put in effort into having a smooth run, and people that want to be carried without putting efforts. The first type's just done being a sugar daddy.

Also if you want to be taken seriously you might consider wording your post more thoughtfully and avoid generalities that conveys no information like "Trash attitude" and "Worst behavior".

You join a team of 9 other people to complete a group project at school/in the workplace/whatever, instead of doing their work, one of the team members only attends and produces no work.

Someone shows metrics of the group performance and identifies the shortfall, is this toxic? Or is the team member that is not performing the toxic one?

The least toxic commanders will kick a player that is not filling the role they signed up, so that the other 8 players do not have to experience the toxic player; a toxic commander will allow a leeching player to continue through all of the content with no comment.

If you join strikes/raids/fractals with a specific role, do your best to perform as others would expect, and yes, I am looking at you greatsword only DH with high group healing power and toughness.

@"Sniper.5961" said:The main reason that keeps people away from raids is their unwillingness to learn, minmax, to train by trying again and again and the effort of finding 9 other people willing to do that. That kind of mindset/ behavior is not a bad one, its a game afterall and if people dont want to do that, they shouldnt. No one has the obligation to do that and everyones main goal should be to strive for the most fun in the game as long as that doesnt infringe the enjoyment for others. But that goes both ways. In an environment where you are dependend on others for your success people get frustraited after a fail because most of the time they will think that they arnt the reason for it. So there will always be players that leave after one fail, especially if they think that finding a diffrent grp to succeed is faster than sticking around (wich is the case for strikes, they are easy and usually dont fail), and as long as they dont flame, thats ok. So there are 3 options:

1. make a "training" lfg so people know that they have to expect fails.
  2. Accept that people are going to leave after one fail.
  3. Join the Elitists, seriously it gets easier that way. Advertise for fullclear, make high LI grps with metacomposition so you make sure that you are not going to fail in the first place. Or if you dont have Li make at least sure your group has a decent comp to minimize failing. Aim for 25 stacks might + fury, 10 man quickness and 10 man alac, banners spotter and spirits are nice but not a must. Install arcdps and enable logging to track your progress and the effectiveness of the grpmembers, try to master your class and your role. If you somehow still fail (even though i dont think its going to happen if you made sure that you have a metacomp) kick the ones that are underperforming and causing the wipe.

Flaming is a diffrent topic, its not ok but you will encounter it so deal with it.

i mean, GW2 raids are not that hard... i always learn fights pretty fast but I'm forced to play with a bunch of people who doesn't seem to understand anything. I would've killed/learnt and did ok in a decent group, but i have no patience to wait another 5-7 players that always seems to be slow learners - you don't need more than 2-3 attempts in most raid bosses (even in other games like wow) but the only time i tried raiding the squad couldn't do a simple "focus the target" thing. i'd rather do something else than wait for people to learn to attack the thing with a big red circle on it

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Do you blame the players for forming li groups? There where close to no LI groups in the beginning but guess what happened?Bearbow longbow core ranger and his friend soldier core guard joined with other just as helpful players, staying max range for the entire duration of the fight, they never read the chat and never swap utilities. They treat it like open world and expect to get carried through it just like through everything else.Personally i never joined LI groups in the beginning and had a little bit of faith left but I just didnt want to wipe 20 times on whisper each week. Boneskinner was just impossible so i started to join LI groups and clear everything within minutes.A decent group doesnt disband after one failure, not in strikes and not in raids. People start to leave if they see that something is just going completely wrong like some players not stacking, multiple soldier guards, healer not giving boons or not healing or nobody knowing what to do. Havent seen a group disbanding because everyone dps grinded a bit too hard on kodan brothers which did happen a lot in the beginning.

An inspect feature and a proper group joining system(as in, you sign up, and I have to ACCEPT you into my group). The group joining feature could let me easily hover their name and see their build/gear.

What's funny is, by Anet blocking off inspecting other players to stop negativity, they actually created more negativity and a more hostile environment. Now we have to resort to super degenerate stuff like kill trophies instead of a simple, easy, "hey let me see your gear/build" system.

Raids and strikes are also far, far, far too accessible. I can literally buy the game, use my 80 boost, then sign up for your strike or raid within 30 minutes of installing the game. Why?

They need to add proving grounds from WoD/MoP to the game. You should have to get gold(or silver) to be able to sign up for raids and strikes.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Do you blame the players for forming li groups? There where close to no LI groups in the beginning but guess what happened?Bearbow longbow core ranger and his friend soldier core guard joined with other just as helpful players, staying max range for the entire duration of the fight, they never read the chat and never swap utilities. They treat it like open world and expect to get carried through it just like through everything else.Personally i never joined LI groups in the beginning and had a little bit of faith left but I just didnt want to wipe 20 times on whisper each week. Boneskinner was just impossible so i started to join LI groups and clear everything within minutes.A decent group doesnt disband after one failure, not in strikes and not in raids. People start to leave if they see that something is just going completely wrong like some players not stacking, multiple soldier guards, healer not giving boons or not healing or nobody knowing what to do. Havent seen a group disbanding because everyone dps grinded a bit too hard on kodan brothers which did happen a lot in the beginning.

An inspect feature and a proper group joining system(as in, you sign up, and I have to ACCEPT you into my group). The group joining feature could let me easily hover their name and see their build/gear.

What's funny is, by Anet blocking off inspecting other players to stop negativity, they actually created more negativity and a more hostile environment. Now we have to resort to super degenerate stuff like kill trophies instead of a simple, easy, "hey let me see your gear/build" system.

Raids and strikes are also far, far, far too accessible. I can literally buy the game, use my 80 boost, then sign up for your strike or raid within 30 minutes of installing the game. Why?

They need to add proving grounds from WoD/MoP to the game. You should have to get gold(or silver) to be able to sign up for raids and strikes.

KP has nothing to do with someone’s gear/build; it’s a gauge for their experience.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

KP has nothing to do with someone’s gear/build; it’s a gauge for their experience.

KP has nothing to do with strikes

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

I never said it did. It gauges experience which in this case refers to coordinated group content.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I never said it did. It gauges experience which in this case refers to coordinated group content.

i know but still means nothing, you maybe know how to finish a raid, you have 1000 kp on raids, but if u never did a strike you going to play like a noob, so kp prove nothing and have nothing to do with strikes.there's a mind set on gw2 raid community if you finish a raid you probably "pro" in everything, sorry that's not how it works, finishing raids don't make you good, just prove that you have a group to finish the content.

those raiders say they don't like to carry people but those Kp can mean they got carried 1000 times by their guild mates.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

i know but still means nothing, you maybe know how to finish a raid, you have 1000 kp on raids, but if u never did a strike you going to play like a noob, so kp prove nothing and have nothing to do with strikes.there's a mind set on gw2 raid community if you finish a raid you probably "pro" in everything, sorry that's not how it works, finishing raids don't make you good, just prove that you have a group to finish the content.

those raiders say they don't like to carry people but those Kp can mean they got carried 1000 times by their guild mates.

A player capable of doing raids is more reliable than a random player who hasn’t done raids. KP groups also expect experienced players. Someone who hasn’t done the strike enough to know it, regardless of their KP, would not join those groups.

There is a vast difference between the capability and and how much effort raiders put into something versus those that do not raid. Countless times I did strikes with players that ate damage, failed mechanics, and got out-DPS’d as a DPS player versus someone playing support. There are players who are unwilling to change their build or bring another class. I’ve seen players who do nothing but just stand there at a boss and literally auto attack.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It's usually not used for that, it's used to weed out bearbow rangers the majority of the time.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

It's usually not used for that, it's used to weed out bearbow rangers the majority of the time.

No, it’s not. That build is easy to see when they join. KP is to increase the likelihood that you get a quality player so that you can get quick and smooth runs.

@Shiyo.3578 said:I've duod half the strikes, if you need KP to join them lol.

But that is beside the point.

The issue is:The average quality of olay in this game outside of player that have experience with high end fractals, strikes and raids, is abysmal.

Individual skill or content difficulty is irrelevante when the barrel goes this deep.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:An inspect feature and a proper group joining system(as in, you sign up, and I have to ACCEPT you into my group). The group joining feature could let me easily hover their name and see their build/gear.

Thats hated by the vocal reddit crowd but i just dont understand why. I kick players based on boon uptimes and dps and would probably even use it to figure out some interesting look combinations.But this could solve so many issues with raid training etc or it could just be used as a filtering tool instead of a ridiculous number of killproofs. 50-100 is the bare minimum for fractal cms nowadays and thats just so stupid. Still better than the 200+ raidboss kills though.