Next LS where? (Possible Spoilers) - [Merged]

Ogwom.7940

I was wondering where in Tyria you guys think the next LS episode will take us?Could we use the Icebrood Saga trailer released last year as a means to figuring out how the story may progress?The video did have a centaur in it and a ship in the sea, but perhaps those are just examples of why we would need help from Jormag rather than those being possible places that we will go in future LS episode releases?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been some suggestion, both by the devs, and by some stuff That_Shaman found, that the next release will be another side story like Visions of the Past was, and that it will expand the EoTN. If we are talking the next full chapter, Jormag's ability to go into the Mists means it could pop out anywhere in the world, making it hard to pinpoint a location.

That being said, I would find it really odd if we went back to Elona, or the Crystal Desert, or Orr, and the central Tyria/HoT areas really don't have room for a LWS4/Icebrood Saga sized map(with one exception which I will get to later). With Owl's return last episode, I figure we will still be in the Far North region, dealing with that bit of business, and other Spirits of the Wild/Norn stuff. That really only leaves space for us to go further into the Woodland Cascades, down into Centaur territory(which would match the trailer), or back into former Norn territory, in the big ice lake region east of Drizzlewood that was once home to Olafson's Homestead(which would be more fitting for Owl/pick up on all the Olafson lore we got in Drizzlewood). That will be episodes 5 and 6.

Episodes 7 and 8 will be the big Jormag fight sequence, akin to Dragon's Stand and Dragonfall. If we do go outside the Far North, they could put the big Jormag fight chapters in that area between the Black Citadel, and Thunderhead Peaks, which is really the only spot large enough in core Tyria to put another current day LW sized map. It would also be fitting for a story that focuses so much on Charr and Norn to end a stone's throw away from both the Black Citadel and Hoelbrak. If its not there then whatever space remains in the Far North makes sense as the next logical pick.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:There's been some suggestion, both by the devs, and by some stuff That_Shaman found, that the next release will be another side story like Visions of the Past was, and that it will expand the EoTN. If we are talking the next full chapter, Jormag's ability to go into the Mists means it could pop out anywhere in the world, making it hard to pinpoint a location.

That being said, I would find it really odd if we went back to Elona, or the Crystal Desert, or Orr, and the central Tyria/HoT areas really don't have room for a LWS4/Icebrood Saga sized map(with one exception which I will get to later). With Owl's return last episode, I figure we will still be in the Far North region, dealing with that bit of business, and other Spirits of the Wild/Norn stuff. That really only leaves space for us to go further into the Woodland Cascades, down into Centaur territory(which would match the trailer), or back into former Norn territory, in the big ice lake region east of Drizzlewood that was once home to Olafson's Homestead(which would be more fitting for Owl/pick up on all the Olafson lore we got in Drizzlewood). That will be episodes 5 and 6.

Episodes 7 and 8 will be the big Jormag fight sequence, akin to Dragon's Stand and Dragonfall. If we do go outside the Far North, they could put the big Jormag fight chapters in that area between the Black Citadel, and Thunderhead Peaks, which is really the only spot large enough in core Tyria to put another current day LW sized map. It would also be fitting for a story that focuses so much on Charr and Norn to end a stone's throw away from both the Black Citadel and Hoelbrak. If its not there then whatever space remains in the Far North makes sense as the next logical pick.

If we they keep everything in former EOTN maps strictly, we could potentially see maybe 5/6 be back in the Charr Homelands and like possible 7/8 could be Varajar Fells/ Norrhart Domain area.

I’m thinking that we might see the blood citadel and or maybe the Ash citadel could be a possible setting for 5/6 maybe because if it doesn’t show up in this saga it might ever show up in the game at all. Maybe somewhere around Sacnoth where maybe the blood citadel is, which Anet confirmed we haven’t seen and maybe go down, which may or may not lead to the Ash citadel.

This might lead us into more Primordus focussed story, since Destroyers were in this area back in GW1. Jormag did require an army for something, so it could be for the destroyers/ Stone Summit. With Jormag out in the Mist, this could be their opportunity to switch gears and look at Primordus for a bit.

We do also have the possibility of the Ash and Blood citadel being the setting for a vision and not actually have in shown in the actual world.

@"Tyson.5160" said:If we they keep everything in former EOTN maps strictly, we could potentially see maybe 5/6 be back in the Charr Homelands and like possible 7/8 could be Varajar Fells/ Norrhart Domain area.

I’m thinking that we might see the blood citadel and or maybe the Ash citadel could be a possible setting for 5/6 maybe because if it doesn’t show up in this saga it might ever show up in the game at all. Maybe somewhere around Sacnoth where maybe the blood citadel is, which Anet confirmed we haven’t seen and maybe go down, which may or may not lead to the Ash citadel.

This might lead us into more Primordus focussed story, since Destroyers were in this area back in GW1. Jormag did require an army for something, so it could be for the destroyers/ Stone Summit. With Jormag out in the Mist, this could be their opportunity to switch gears and look at Primordus for a bit.

We do also have the possibility of the Ash and Blood citadel being the setting for a vision and not actually have in shown in the actual world.Honestly, I would think that, what with the big Charr civil war plot being over, we wouldn't be going back into the Charr lands at all. The only really big plot point in the Charr narrative left to do is a Khan-Ur election/decision, and that seems more like a "Visions" type side update then a major chapter release.

We still have to deal with Owl's return, the major Spirits of the Wild almost being corrupted, and this whole thing with Braham, the prophecy, and the bow. None of which is particularly Charr lands focused that I can see right off the bat. And we would presumably get through all this before starting the big "we gotta fight Jormag" arc in episodes 7/8.

And while Jormag is probably gathering its army for Primordus, I don't see the story focusing too much on Primordus either beyond the recognition that "yeah, Jormag fears Primordus". Primordus's story will likely be after Xpack 3, and the Canthan LW Saga/season they attach to it. Keeping Primordus for last would make a fitting narrative parallel to the EoTN expansion for GW1, and give more time to also focus on the Asura, which haven't had their big narrative arc yet.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:If we they keep everything in former EOTN maps strictly, we could potentially see maybe 5/6 be back in the Charr Homelands and like possible 7/8 could be Varajar Fells/ Norrhart Domain area.

We do also have the possibility of the Ash and Blood citadel being the setting for a vision and not actually have in shown in the actual world.Honestly, I would think that, what with the big Charr civil war plot being over, we wouldn't be going back into the Charr lands at all. The only really big plot point in the Charr narrative left to do is a Khan-Ur election/decision, and that seems more like a "Visions" type side update then a major chapter release.

We still have to deal with Owl's return, the major Spirits of the Wild almost being corrupted, and this whole thing with Braham, the prophecy, and the bow. None of which is particularly Charr lands focused that I can see right off the bat. And we would presumably get through all this before starting the big "we gotta fight Jormag" arc in episodes 7/8.

And while Jormag is probably gathering its army for Primordus, I don't see the story focusing too much on Primordus either beyond the recognition that "yeah, Jormag fears Primordus". Primordus's story will likely be after Xpack 3, and the Canthan LW Saga/season they attach to it. Keeping Primordus for last would make a fitting narrative parallel to the EoTN expansion for GW1, and give more time to also focus on the Asura, which haven't had their big narrative arc yet.

Now they could have a map that breaches Charr Homelands and leads into the Shiverpeaks too, I guess, I just don’t want a map like Dragonfall, where it just pops in from nowhere.

Oh I suspect Primordus will be kept for last too, however he’s the sort of enemy that they keep reminding us is there and is dipping in and out of the plot to remind everyone that this dragon is going to be a problem in the future, as well as to say, hey we have been dealing with Primordus and minions of Primordus since GW1 in one shape or another as well as periodically throughout GW2.

@Tyson.5160 said:Now they could have a map that breaches Charr Homelands and leads into the Shiverpeaks too, I guess, I just don’t want a map like Dragonfall, where it just pops in from nowhere.

Oh I suspect Primordus will be kept for last too, however he’s the sort of enemy that they keep reminding us is there and is dipping in and out of the plot to remind everyone that this dragon is going to be a problem in the future, as well as to say, hey we have been dealing with Primordus and minions of Primordus since GW1 in one shape or another as well as periodically throughout GW2.I wasn't a big fan of Dragonfall either.

Though, as I mentioned in my original post, I think possibly setting the Jormag fight map in that area between the Black Citadel, and Thunderhead Peaks, would be nice. Its a stones throw from both the Charr and Norn capitals, and would allow for a map that contains elements of both cultures.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Now they could have a map that breaches Charr Homelands and leads into the Shiverpeaks too, I guess, I just don’t want a map like Dragonfall, where it just pops in from nowhere.

Oh I suspect Primordus will be kept for last too, however he’s the sort of enemy that they keep reminding us is there and is dipping in and out of the plot to remind everyone that this dragon is going to be a problem in the future, as well as to say, hey we have been dealing with Primordus and minions of Primordus since GW1 in one shape or another as well as periodically throughout GW2.I wasn't a big fan of Dragonfall either.

Though, as I mentioned in my original post, I think possibly setting the Jormag fight map in that area between the Black Citadel, and Thunderhead Peaks, would be nice. Its a stones throw from both the Charr and Norn capitals, and would allow for a map that contains elements of both cultures.

Would have some Ascalon and Shiverpeaks areas blended together. Definitely a possibility. There was talk about episode 5 having events similar to season 1, so I wonder if it’s a voting style like with Kiel and Gnashblade, possibly the next Khan Ur to unite the remaining charr against Jormag?

@Tyson.5160 said:Would have some Ascalon and Shiverpeaks areas blended together. Definitely a possibility. There was talk about episode 5 having events similar to season 1, so I wonder if it’s a voting style like with Kiel and Gnashblade, possibly the next Khan Ur to unite the remaining charr against Jormag?Well, they said the next release after episode 4 would be like season 1, not that episode 5 would be. Here's the thing, the first visions side update happened between episode 2 and 3, between map changes. It makes sense the next release might be a vision-like side update between episodes 4 and 5, since we are again changing maps. With a third and last visions-like update, happening between episodes 6 and 7, when we change maps for the last time.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Would have some Ascalon and Shiverpeaks areas blended together. Definitely a possibility. There was talk about episode 5 having events similar to season 1, so I wonder if it’s a voting style like with Kiel and Gnashblade, possibly the next Khan Ur to unite the remaining charr against Jormag?Well, they said the next release after episode 4 would be like season 1, not that episode 5 would be. Here's the thing, the first visions side update happened between episode 2 and 3, between map changes. It makes sense the next release might be a vision-like side update between episodes 4 and 5, since we are again changing maps. With a third and last visions-like update, happening between episodes 6 and 7, when we change maps for the last time.

Just given the setting of this current saga, if we don’t get to see the Blood and Ash citadel, we won’t ever get to see it. Maybe post x-pac, but I highly doubt it

I'd just like to correct; Jormag can't enter the Mists. This was Kralkatorrik's ability, absorbed from Balthazar, which is absorbed by Aurene.

The Sons of Svanir have always had the ability to create Mist portals, so Jormag's minions can travel through the Mists, but this is nowhere near on the same scale as Kralkatorrik and I seriously doubt Jormag could enter the Mists itself.

The current Jormag has only a very tiny fraction of the power Kralkatorrik had. Its barely even awake.

Aurene even says "Jormag is moving through Tyria."

As for where we're going next, I imagine we'll see more of the Woodland Cascades. Grothmar Valley and Bjora Marches were mostly just reusing existing assets from Ascalon and Shiverpeaks maps (especially Frostgorge Sound and Bitterfrost Frontier), but they had to design a whole bunch of new assets specifically for Drizzlewood Coast, so we'll probably get at least one more new map using them.

Plus it's been a major fan request to see the Centaur homelands for many years.

I imagine Jormag will set up shop somewhere and at the end of the season we'll head into heavily corrupted Icebrood territory similar to North Drizzlewood, just like we did against Zhaitan, Mordremoth, and to some extent, Kralkatorrik.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:akin to Dragon's Stand and Dragonfall.

I hope that will not happen, at least not with another one of these tedious and bloated Metas.Drizzlewood Coast already has that covered.

As for the main question, I think we will venture a bit west to help have a triangle fight with centaur slavers, Jormags forces and us in the Maguuma Wastes.Episode 7 and 8 will be back in the Far North, where Jormag will try to heal from losing in the Maguuma Wastes.As for the epilogue, I hope it'll be in the Sea of Sorrows.

I think the big reveal of next season will have Jormag turn out to be an ally of the Commander's against a threat that is coming from outside Tyria. The next region of the LS will be an area adjacent to Drizzlewood Coast, where the Charr Icebrood will help setup Jormag's defense of Tyria. This will be disguised as another conflict map, though, and only the LS will reveal the paradoxical plan.

Killing Dragon after Dragon is not only a mindless predictable story but boring as well. I hope the GW2 writers don't choose the path of convenience and xenophobia.

@Tyson.5160 said:Just given the setting of this current saga, if we don’t get to see the Blood and Ash citadel, we won’t ever get to see it. Maybe post x-pac, but I highly doubt itI'm not particularly invested in seeing either Citadels TBH.

@Hannelore.8153 said:I'd just like to correct; Jormag can't enter the Mists. This was Kralkatorrik's ability, absorbed from Balthazar, which is absorbed by Aurene.

The Sons of Svanir have always had the ability to create Mist portals, so Jormag's minions can travel through the Mists, but this is nowhere near on the same scale as Kralkatorrik and I seriously doubt Jormag could enter the Mists itself.

The current Jormag has only a very tiny fraction of the power Kralkatorrik had. Its barely even awake.

Aurene even says "Jormag is moving through Tyria."Actually her line ishttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/One_Charr,_One_Dragon,_One_ChampionAurene: I wish I knew. I sense Jormag moving through Tyria, taking advantage of the Mists as Kralkatorrik did.She specifically mentions Jormag is using the Mists as Kralk did.

@Hannelore.8153 said:As for where we're going next, I imagine we'll see more of the Woodland Cascades. Grothmar Valley and Bjora Marches were mostly just reusing existing assets from Ascalon and Shiverpeaks maps (especially Frostgorge Sound and Bitterfrost Frontier), but they had to design a whole bunch of new assets specifically for Drizzlewood Coast, so we'll probably get at least one more new map using them.

Plus it's been a major fan request to see the Centaur homelands for many years.

I imagine Jormag will set up shop somewhere and at the end of the season we'll head into heavily corrupted Icebrood territory similar to North Drizzlewood, just like we did against Zhaitan, Mordremoth, and to some extent, Kralkatorrik.This is what I would guess also. Makes the most sense, and fits with what we saw in the trailer.

@Fueki.4753 said:I hope that will not happen, at least not with another one of these tedious and bloated Metas.Drizzlewood Coast already has that covered.

As for the main question, I think we will venture a bit west to help have a triangle fight with centaur slavers, Jormags forces and us in the Maguuma Wastes.Episode 7 and 8 will be back in the Far North, where Jormag will try to heal from losing in the Maguuma Wastes.As for the epilogue, I hope it'll be in the Sea of Sorrows.I like those metas myself.

The Centaur homeland is in the Woodland Cascades, in the area between Drizzlewood and the Harah Highlands, not the Maguuma Wastes.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:I like those metas myself.And I get tired of them less than 1/3 through, literally being on the verge of falling asleep.

The Centaur homeland is in the Woodland Cascades, in the area between Drizzlewood and the Harah Highlands, not the Maguuma Wastes.Not all Centaur tribes have the same homelands.And I never mentioned anything about homelands.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:I'd just like to correct; Jormag can't enter the Mists. This was Kralkatorrik's ability, absorbed from Balthazar, which is absorbed by Aurene.

Aurene even says "Jormag is moving through Tyria."

yes Aurene states that Jormag is travelling through the Mist as Sajuuk pointed out.

Aurene: I wish I knew. I sense Jormag moving through Tyria, taking advantage of the Mists as Kralkatorrik did.Aurene: Yet they choose neither to consume nor destroy. Pleasant change of pace, but disturbing nonetheless.

Tom Abernathy advised that when Balthazar died the other dragon presumably obtained some of his energy too. Not to mention that Drakkar has grown in power after Zhaitan, Mordremoth and Kralkatorrik’s death and by extension, so did Jormag.

It's not like there is a lack of possibilities:

• The centaurs could make a threatening move toward divinity reach. Afterall they are supposed to be in a semi permanent state of war yet it feel strange that there were no movement on that front since game release.
  • There is this castle in the sky in kessex hills that still havent been put to use. Just like the island close to lion arch where tengu are supposed to live.
  • It's been a while since we've been bothered by the Kraits, they should be short on slaves and feel the need to hunt some.
  • The asuras and their need for knowledge are a permanent source of failed experiments that can possibly be world threatening.
  • It should also be more or less time for the remnent of the nightmare court to reaffirm their existence.
  • ... etc.

Rumors say that ANet want to do something similar to season 1, probably to refresh some old maps, it might be the time to have all those possibilities shine and change tyria.

In terms of the "next new map" rather than "next episode" I'm tempted to think back to the Saga trailer. I recall a section whereby Centaur were whipping their human slaves and wonder if, given the proximity to Drizzlewood, the next map would be somewhere north of Harathi Hinterlands. Will we get to see some Icebrood Centaur perhaps? Centaur have so far seemed to escape the clutches of all elder dragons - I wonder what their secret is.

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:The area around eye of the north I’d like to see opened up. As for talks of Jormag fight I’m not so sure the story will take us that direction. We assume right now that Jormag is the enemy and that we have to stop it or kill it somehow, but we could be surprised that may not be the case.It would take a pretty big 11th hour plot twist to even begin to make me consider that keeping Jormag alive is a good idea.

So far Jormag has

• Lied to Asgeir, promising to leave the Norn alone if Asgeir took them south and stopped attacking it, only to send its minions against Hoelbrak many times since
  • Corrupted the Ox, Eagle, Wolverene, and Owl, Spirits of the Wild, and has been feasting on their energy despite them obviously not wanting it
  • Used its whispers to manipulate the Vigil at Jora's Keep to kill each other, which played into Almorra's death
  • Used its whispers to manipulate the Kodan at Still Waters Speaking to go out into the tundra and die, or become its minions
  • Used its whispers to do the same to the Vigil Relief crew, causing them to wander out into the tundra and die, or just lay down in the snow and die
  • Used its whispers to psychologically attack Marjory, by using the voice of her dead sister against her
  • Had the Fraenir corrupt Raven's magic, and use said magic to attack Jora's keep in an attempt to wipe it out
  • Manipulated Bangar into starting a massive civil war among the Charr, leading to the splintering, and near destruction, of the Charr. This manipulation of Bangar also played into Almorra's death, as well as the slaughter of the Drizzlewood Coast communities of Humans, Tengu, and Norn.

Nothing Jormag has done this season has made it even remotely worthy to consider keeping alive.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:The area around eye of the north I’d like to see opened up. As for talks of Jormag fight I’m not so sure the story will take us that direction. We assume right now that Jormag is the enemy and that we have to stop it or kill it somehow, but we could be surprised that may not be the case.It would take a pretty big 11th hour plot twist to even begin to make me consider that keeping Jormag alive is a good idea.

So far Jormag has
  • Lied to Asgeir, promising to leave the Norn alone if Asgeir took them south and stopped attacking it, only to send its minions against Hoelbrak many times since
  • Corrupted the Ox, Eagle, Wolverene, and Owl, Spirits of the Wild, and has been feasting on their energy despite them obviously not wanting it
  • Used its whispers to manipulate the Vigil at Jora's Keep to kill each other, which played into Almorra's death
  • Used its whispers to manipulate the Kodan at Still Waters Speaking to go out into the tundra and die, or become its minions
  • Used its whispers to do the same to the Vigil Relief crew, causing them to wander out into the tundra and die, or just lay down in the snow and die
  • Used its whispers to psychologically attack Marjory, by using the voice of her dead sister against her
  • Had the Fraenir corrupt Raven's magic, and use said magic to attack Jora's keep in an attempt to wipe it out
  • Manipulated Bangar into starting a massive civil war among the Charr, leading to the splintering, and near destruction, of the Charr. This manipulation of Bangar also played into Almorra's death, as well as the slaughter of the Drizzlewood Coast communities of Humans, Tengu, and Norn.

Nothing Jormag has done this season has made it even remotely worthy to consider keeping alive.

Jormag has been a threat to Tyria, since the personal story as well sprinkled throughout the game, Season 2, Season 3.

So far in this saga, we’ve killed the Fraenir, highest ranking Svanir, killed Drakkar, killed another Claw of Jormag, as well as killed members of the Frost Legion and interrupted their plans. Once we decimate the Icebrood and the Frost Legion, I don’t really see how much more of Jormag’s forces we would really need to contend with, before taking on Jormag.

@Tyson.5160 said:Jormag has been a threat to Tyria, since the personal story as well sprinkled throughout the game, Season 2, Season 3.

So far in this saga, we’ve killed the Fraenir, highest ranking Svanir, killed Drakkar, killed another Claw of Jormag, as well as killed members of the Frost Legion and interrupted their plans. Once we decimate the Icebrood and the Frost Legion, I don’t really see how much more of Jormag’s forces we would really need to contend with, before taking on Jormag.Ohh I agree.

Jormag has dealt some blows, but we have hit back pretty well ourselves, killing many important entities in its army. freeing the corrupted Sprints of the Wild, and doing something about Ryland, are, IMO, the last two major stepping stones before we can really kill Jormag.

@"Sarie.1630" said:In terms of the "next new map" rather than "next episode" I'm tempted to think back to the Saga trailer. I recall a section whereby Centaur were whipping their human slaves and wonder if, given the proximity to Drizzlewood, the next map would be somewhere north of Harathi Hinterlands. Will we get to see some Icebrood Centaur perhaps? Centaur have so far seemed to escape the clutches of all elder dragons - I wonder what their secret is.

Kralkatorrik was able to death brand some of the centaurs in Elona, perhaps a modified model with blue can be used for Icebrood centaurs.

Would be interesting if Ryland would now act as an Ambassador of Jormag to the centaur tribes to persuade them to join the Icebrood and bolster their ranks.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Jormag has been a threat to Tyria, since the personal story as well sprinkled throughout the game, Season 2, Season 3.

So far in this saga, we’ve killed the Fraenir, highest ranking Svanir, killed Drakkar, killed another Claw of Jormag, as well as killed members of the Frost Legion and interrupted their plans. Once we decimate the Icebrood and the Frost Legion, I don’t really see how much more of Jormag’s forces we would really need to contend with, before taking on Jormag.Ohh I agree.

Jormag has dealt some blows, but we have hit back pretty well ourselves, killing many important entities in its army. freeing the corrupted Sprints of the Wild, and doing something about Ryland, are, IMO, the last two major stepping stones before we can really kill Jormag.

Also we would need either a replacement for taking Jormag's energy (or that of one or more of the dead elder dragons) or risk Aurene taking it and getting tormented like Kralk was. Since the story hasn't pointed in any way to the former (unless it does so next episode or two), I think either Aurene will get corrupted/tormented and we have to look for a cure or we'll force Jormag into a stalemate and have them re-emerge sometime after the Cantha Expac for a Jormag/Primordus showdown.

Regarding the next area, if Anet sticks to the EoTN pattern, I think it'll either be near the Giant's Basin in Woodland Cascades or the big lake north of Bitterfrost. The former could be Jormag trying to pit the centaurs and humans against each other and promising them conquest over each other while corrupting both. The latter could be a search for a replacement for Jormag or some kind of macguffin to use against them.

@Dadnir.5038 said:It's not like there is a lack of possibilities:

• The centaurs could make a threatening move toward divinity reach. Afterall they are supposed to be in a semi permanent state of war yet it feel strange that there were no movement on that front since game release.
  • There is this castle in the sky in kessex hills that still havent been put to use. Just like the island close to lion arch where tengu are supposed to live.
  • It's been a while since we've been bothered by the Kraits, they should be short on slaves and feel the need to hunt some.
  • The asuras and their need for knowledge are a permanent source of failed experiments that can possibly be world threatening.
  • It should also be more or less time for the remnent of the nightmare court to reaffirm their existence.
  • ... etc.

Rumors say that ANet want to do something similar to season 1, probably to refresh some old maps, it might be the time to have all those possibilities shine and change tyria.

The Centaurs were leading attacks on Seraph-controlled towns just outside of Divinity's Reach in Lake Doric.