enemy using wp in stoic rampart - how?

Tazzer.8035

For about 10 minutes, several of us killed and watched an enemy respawn at the wp in Stoic Rampart. Same guy (scourge) just repeatedly spawning, dropping red circles (killing some of us sometimes). About 10 secs after he died, he would respawn right on the wp. I don't know if he got bored or what but it stopped after about 10 minutes. What hack is this and how soon before others figure it out and keeps are totally broken? You can't leave him alone or he'll destroy all the defenses, but how long can you just stand at keep babysitting the wp? This was nuts.

With this game, any possibility could include hacks, but I would more Likely think the WP bugged for him because of all the legacy and spaghetti code that the game uses.

Walls disappear or don’t render, holes in maps appear under people.

Please don’t misunderstand me: it could very easily be a hack and an intentional cheat.

Or, it could just have bugged for him and he used it as a pseudo exploit while he could because he found it funny.

Hope someone captured it on video...

I am assuming you were only a few for how long it took you to kill lord?

If that is the case, if you are not attacking a wall, gate or guards and are just on lord, the keep can stop being contested after the timer runs out, at which point he is free to WP back in as many times as he likes. Next time, have someone hit a gate or guard etc and it should recontest the structure, the timer is in the right upper hand corner, so when it gets close to running out you know to have someone ready.

This is something different. Was just back in there, he's still there, but no wp now. He just keeps spawning where it would be when it's up. New people besides me this time, but we killed multiple times and he dies and respawns about 5-10 secs later at the same location. We've checked all the walls and such (which is irrelevant, since he is respawning in the center, no way to get there that fast from any wall) and we can't figure it out. No other enemies anywhere around so not being ported in. We stand on that bridge and watch him spawn, fight and kill, and watch him respawn.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:I am assuming you were only a few for how long it took you to kill lord?

If that is the case, if you are not attacking a wall, gate or guards and are just on lord, the keep can stop being contested after the timer runs out, at which point he is free to WP back in as many times as he likes. Next time, have someone hit a gate or guard etc and it should recontest the structure, the timer is in the right upper hand corner, so when it gets close to running out you know to have someone ready.

I’ve seen the video. He was def hacking. Just him inside our keep dying on our waypoint and then using our wp to spawn back in and be killed again.

Edited for clarity

@Calisanna.8732 said:

I’ve seen the video. He was def hacking. Just him inside our keep dying on our waypoint and then using our wp to spawn back in and be killed again.

Edited for clarity

He's not using the wp. Last time I was in there was no wp active, but whatever he is using is at the site where it would be (and sometimes is).

@Tazzer.8035 said:This is something different. Was just back in there, he's still there, but no wp now. He just keeps spawning where it would be when it's up. New people besides me this time, but we killed multiple times and he dies and respawns about 5-10 secs later at the same location. We've checked all the walls and such (which is irrelevant, since he is respawning in the center, no way to get there that fast from any wall) and we can't figure it out. No other enemies anywhere around so not being ported in. We stand on that bridge and watch him spawn, fight and kill, and watch him respawn.

Sounds like hacking or other illegal usage of software. A case for anet... Happens sadly more often. I had recently a case where thievess went on their mount while in combat.

@Tazzer.8035 said:

Edited for clarity

He's not using the wp. Last time I was in there was no wp active, but whatever he is using is at the site where it would be (and sometimes is).

Hmm not sure. In the video I saw he was spawning right under the active wp, and lasted longer than 10 mins. I’m sure same dude doing it all day. I’m sure he/she was reported enough that maybe anet will actually pay attention.

@Calisanna.8732 said:

Edited for clarity

Hmm not sure. In the video I saw he was spawning right under the active wp, and lasted longer than 10 mins. I’m sure same dude doing it all day. I’m sure he/she was reported enough that maybe anet will actually pay attention.

More likely it’s the same program that the DH that was on JQ last couple of weeks was using. And others.

If so, they will wait and likely do a mass ban at a random time, which will further infuriate the players who want action sooner rather than later.

Me? I just find someone to lay traps on the porting in spot... and just farm the person. 10 minutes each one..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Edited for clarity

More likely it’s the same program that the DH that was on JQ last couple of weeks was using. And others.

If so, they will wait and likely do a mass ban at a random time, which will further infuriate the players who want action sooner rather than later.

Me? I just find someone to lay traps on the porting in spot... and just farm the person. 10 minutes each one..

The question is there an employee at Anet left to ban anyone? That is the only reason people are doing it to get attention to see if there is sentient life left inside Anet. We need to send a rover through the gate and see if we can communicate with it.

@Klypto.1703 said:

Edited for clarity

The question is there an employee at Anet left to ban anyone? That is the only reason people are doing it to get attention to see if there is sentient life left inside Anet. We need to send a rover through the gate and see if we can communicate with it.

What if the last person who knew how to work the banhammer got fired ... or died?!

@Klypto.1703 said:

Edited for clarity

I said it when it happened: we would miss Gaile.

Many disliked her. But she at least provided us with a conduit.

The communication since she left (and it wasn’t great when she was here) got infinitely worse.

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:I am assuming you were only a few for how long it took you to kill lord?

Edited for clarity

Then.....Why not post the video? Or at least some screens.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Edited for clarity

Against forum rules to callout accounts via screens and videos.

@Calisanna.8732 said:

Edited for clarity

Against forum rules to callout accounts via screens and videos.

Yeah, no don't get an infraction, and it wouldn't solve the issue. If you have video go to:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230679407-Reporting-Bugs-Exploits#exploit

Outside of that, don't let the troll get to you. It's easy to be outraged, hard to be inspired.