[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@"Hesione.9412" said:Gah, it's a break bar, not crowd control.These days I just yell "EMP", although most people seem to have the idea once the waystation goes down.

IMO the waystation actually makes the problem worse. People need to know which skills do CC in their natural classes and not rely on a tool like that. Especially if they want to be raiders some day. The goal here for me, is for people to get a better understanding of the game mechanic, and an ez button like EMP does it a disservice.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

@"Hesione.9412" said:Gah, it's a break bar, not crowd control.These days I just yell "EMP", although most people seem to have the idea once the waystation goes down.

IMO the waystation actually makes the problem worse. People need to know which skills do CC in their natural classes and not rely on a tool like that. Especially if they want to be raiders some day. The goal here for me, is for people to get a better understanding of the game mechanic, and an ez button like EMP does it a disservice.

Given that most players won't raid and that, previously, calls out to break the bar result in very little bar being broken (e.g. Matriarch, Champion Mordrem Thornheart) I am pleased the EMP came along.

Since some outfits are able to have their headgear hidden, I'd love it if we could just go ahead and use our own head skins with them. It would also be nice if clicking or mousing over the total POIs, Vistas, etc on the upper right hand corner of the map screen would highlight the location of the ones we haven't collected yet (as long as they're uncovered.) I think I've spent more time trying to find that last tiny empty square on the various map layers than I've spent traveling to said locations once I finally do.

And it might be going a bit far, but could we make map uncovering account wide? I'm not asking for waypoints, POIs, Vistas, etc to be account wide but just being able to actually see the areas of the map already "uncovered" by another character so it's easier to navigate on newer ones.

@"Solvar.7953" said:I wonder if the EMP (and portable waystation) was sort of the devs way of silently affirming the CC was an issue, and make an easy way for every class/player to have an easy to use CC skill.

But all the waystation does is reaffirm to the average player that they don't need to understand which skills in their class do CC because they'll be given an "easy button" at each relevant meta event. It's relying even more on the veteran players at world events like Dragonstand to bring a Drizzlewood Coast map specific thing to other encounters. Nothing about it is useful in teaching or training players for end game content. My idea goes across the board and implements well for high end raiders and meta event players alike. For example, High end raiders would like to know exactly how much cc is needed to phase a boss properly, and anyone in a meta can see the difference between a big number and a little number when they use their skills. Information and feedback to the player is how they are going to learn and thus be more beneficial to the group content, regardless of what they like to play.

@casualkenny.9817 said:The cc mechanic isn't an issue (the scaling can be mistuned, but that's different).

It's the lack of in-game clarity and info on cc, and a grp of players' disinterest in cooperative play that is the issue.

The few times i lead squad i had alot of ppl i realised had no idea what their skills do as they asked wich skills do these things. Most dont care about breakbar

@Aeon.4583 said:Can you please increase amount of Equipement Templates to 8 ( even better 12 ).Equipement Templates are awesome, but it can serve not only as Gear-Stat change, but also to switch Sigil variations under same Gear-Stats combo.

If that is not an option, atleast consider to add more ground weapon sets into Equipement Templates for PvE.Guild Wars 1 has four weapon sets!

I understans that Guild Wars 1 makes you have two professions, but here in Guild Wars 2 we have atleast 2 Elites. More Weapon sets can solve problems of using templates as Sigil switch.

Just think about it, on example of Thief - fullscale DPS class and weapons list is:Dagger ( main\offhand )Pistol ( main\offhand )SwordRifle\Staff ( depending on Elite )Shortbow

For me in Open World it isDagger\Dagger for meleeand primary Pistol\Pistol for ranged.Templates 1 and 4 are used for switch between force\impact and force\generosity sigils ( i find generosity sigil useful for completing events solo )

But depending on situation i also use Rifle and Shortbow aswell. And i have no other choice but to use 3 Equipement Templates to change ranged weapon sets ( Templates 1-3 are Pistols, Rifle Shortbow under Force\Impact + melee Dagger\Dagger ). All because i have Legendary stuff including sigils, makes it no easy to simply equip weapon from inventory.If Equipement Templates will hold four weapon sets ( just like Guild Wars 1 ) it will be most awesome ( for me, all ranged options will be able to have impact and generocity variations ).Hot key 'Weapon Swap' can stay the same, changing weapon set between Set#1 and Set#2.To compensate the appearance of more ground weapon sets, new hotkeys can be added:'Swap to weapon set #1''Swap to weapon set #2''Swap to weapon set #3''Swap to weapon set #4'Weapon swap to set #3 and #4 can be used only out of combat.When Swapping weapons using standart 'Swap Weapons' while in set #3 or set#4 in combat or out of combat it will swap weapons first to set#1 then to set#2 and then back to #1, but never to set #3 or set #4.

P.s. when it comes to Elementalist and Engineer, they cannot change weapon sets in combat, but still four weapon sets will be usefull as a storage.

I'm not sure if this came up before but, I would love if Anet (are you reading this?) can give us mouse cursor color choices in the menu options. This is not hard to add at all I'm sure. Lots of games give us this choice. Overwatch as an example you can choose many crosshair colors. I would love to have some color choices for the cursor. My choice would be bright green. Sometimes it's a bit hard to see when it gets hectic like during a meta or world boss event. And before anyone says there are options out there, thank you but, I want it from Anet themselves.

@Tony.8659 said:I'm not sure if this came up before but, I would love if Anet (are you reading this?) can give us mouse cursor color choices in the menu options. This is not hard to add at all I'm sure. Lots of games give us this choice. Overwatch as an example you can choose many crosshair colors. I would love to have some color choices for the cursor. My choice would be bright green. Sometimes it's a bit hard to see when it gets hectic like during a meta or world boss event. And before anyone says there are options out there, thank you but, I want it from Anet themselves.

It's 3rd party but Yolo Mouse works good.

@Tony.8659 said:I'm not sure if this came up before but, I would love if Anet (are you reading this?) can give us mouse cursor color choices in the menu options. This is not hard to add at all I'm sure. Lots of games give us this choice. Overwatch as an example you can choose many crosshair colors. I would love to have some color choices for the cursor. My choice would be bright green. Sometimes it's a bit hard to see when it gets hectic like during a meta or world boss event. And before anyone says there are options out there, thank you but, I want it from Anet themselves.

Yep , more cursor options have been asked for for years! Ignored by Anet and the community is forced to go 3rd party. It's really too bad.

Add a small User Interface section to help us keep track of our current Build and Equipment Template.Something like this ( also it is good place to put it ):OUeH4ef.jpgFormat will be - 'Build template name: Equipment template name'.On image example it means i am currently on my Deadeye Dual Dagger + Rifle with offhand Impact sigils variation =)