Necromancer Fractal/Raid Balance?

Shaogin.2679

@Shiyo.3578 said:Playing necro is essentially playing GW2 on a harder difficulty where every enemy and boss has 30% more health and thus 30% more chances to wipe you with mechanics.

If you don't want to play necro because it's harder ... don't. Why are you assuming variety in classes is a problem that needs to be fixed? How do you conclude this isn't intended? You're still not asking yourself why things are this way ... #stayconfused

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Shaogin.2679 said:Wow, all these comments make it worse. Basically everyone is like, "Meh, it sucks and is bottom tier but it can still be played so whatever." Everyone just sounds so defeated, like they gave up caring about the game long ago.

The game isn't designed to need any class to compete' in PVE to begin with ... so there isn't anything to fix.

What a ridiculous statement. lmao

What's ridiculous about it? Anyone can play whatever they want and be successful in this game, so what is being fixed if Anet changes DPS on Necro?

People being happy to play their favourite class in raids with actual good people without feeling like you are dragging your friends down and getting higher killtimes?

Hey, if you impose subjective conditions on the system that throws out all the available choices, that's simply a "you" problem. That combination of factors has too much subjectivity for Anet to ensure that can be fulfilled for
every
player ... instead they have done the more practical approach because this game isn't about placating EACH player ... a wide range of choice that covers as best as possible any players conditions.

If your subjective and numerous requirements to be happy playing the game can't be satisfied ... that's not something Anet can fix. The game wasn't designed to need higher kill times because of the low threshold for success in endgame, so of course DPS differences between classes doesn't manifest itself as a problem.

Ok. I'll stop discussing with a stubborn whiteknight.

Good ... that just tells me you need more time to think about the fact that the game design doesn't need control individual class DPS because of players wanting faster kill times.

Playing necro is essentially playing GW2 on a harder difficulty where every enemy and boss has 30% more health and thus 30% more chances to wipe you with mechanics.

Doing less DPS is bad.

This is not true, the comparison is not that simple.

Also, Reaper is generally incredibly fun and effective to play against group of mobs. I really enjoy it (it is really the only thing I enjoy playing in the game), and if you don’t, maybe you should just play something else.

Some people really can only see single target DPS, but fortunately they don’t have control over design nor balance.

Even DPS is not "bad" either since patchs. Update yourself.People should stop lying about that, mostly in fractals with a lot of trashmobs where you can generate LF very fast and even stay in shroud and just spam #1 and #4 for 30k dps.Yeah it's not as bursty as SB, weaver, dh etc; but look at the dps of DH patch after patch ... I easily outdps a DH with a reaper in fractals, even a banner berserker outdps a DH. Fortunately you can precast traps and apply a lot of vulnerability very fast, that why DH is still very strong for short phases, but if your group can't follow, can't burst, it's pointless.

If you're really into speedrun or fancy boss record, yes, you should take SB, berserker, power FB,... you want buffers/supports and DPS, you want to share the roles, overlap buffs, you do not want selfish reaper that buff itself alone.If you pug, CM or not, with an armless ren, a harrier FB, a fancy undead weaver and you start complaining about a reaper in the group ... yes there is an issue, but just now it's not the reaper.It's like a second Berserker, or a condi FB; "it's bad for fractals, we need power DH" people have some old unfounded preconceptions. When the banner slave outdps them on Ensolyss or elsewhere, when the condi FB clean the fractal alone ... oddly you don't hear them anymore ... until next day ...

Reaper has a very correct burst + constant dps, plus the more there are mobs the more you deal damage : you can stay in shroud, just spam #1 and recharge Soul Spiral. There are some gimmicks too : precast marks, lich form etc"harder difficulty" !? Seriously ? Have you ever tried Reaper for real ? It's the most selfish and balanced spec of the game *for PvE.With the death of the "fear build" with the old Dread, I would suggest to run the double signets build with Signets of suffering, if you're not familiar with reaper, more effective than the meta build, because of Life force regen. Otherwise the "meta" build works perfectly if you have nice Aegis/stab before hits and you know phases, placement, etc.

My personal thoughts (Post patch experience)Raids: I would not take a Necormancer if I had practically any other option, I would take that. They need a buff for this mode.Strike: No Core. Scourge healers are actually good at carrying groups here. Necro isn't competitive but these require less optimization so I have no issues with a good Scourge or Reaper player. The need a buff to compete with a top, but the requirements for Strikes are much lower than harder raid content, so it balances out.Fractals: No Core

In the end, it's a subpar choice for all end game PVE. I just draw the line with raids. If you want to do this content, play a Guardian. Make your life easier.

One of the old Necro problems in PvE was the difficulty of generating LF at long range without also cutting dps to near zero resulting in LF exhaustion when a boss must be kited. I think that problem is fixed, now, with traits and utilities. Dps is still low but there are build options that generate more LF so Necro is not left without its only blocking skill.